Author Topic: The Darkest Day-WeiDU Installation Requirements  (Read 38757 times)

Offline Hoppy

• View Profile
    • Email
The Darkest Day-WeiDU Installation Requirements
« on: March 19, 2010, 04:43:31 PM »
With the soon-to-be-released version 1.14 of The Darkest Day, I will post some basic does and don't s for installation to get the best results for your game.  One should have a clean installation of BG2+ToB with the official patch before any WeiDU mods are installed.

GAMES VERSIONS REQUIRED:  BGII - SoA +  ToB expansion +  ToB OFFICIAL PATCH 26498 (only).  

1)  Required Fixpack is the Gibberlings3 BG2 fixpack here:

http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2fixpack/

Only the "Core Fixes" is absolutely necessary for TDD but other fixes and tweaks are welcome

2)  Worldmap mod is required and since worldmap version is 7.1, let us say 7.1 and up is required.  You can get that here:

http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=308

Since TDD also has a French translation, one might want the French worldmap patch in the same section above.

3)  After game and patch installation, install the required components of the fixpack by running the bg2fixpack application and follow the prompts to extract.
     Once extracted to the BGII - SoA folder the WeiDU-DOS command will begin. (It is important that you see a BG2fixpack folder and a setup-bg2fixpack application in your
      game folder.)  
    *While installing the necessary components, one can also choose the other components if desired.

4)  When the installer is finished the window will close itself.  Don't close it manually.  This applies to all Weidu mods and sometimes it will ask to press a key to exit so you know it's safe or the DOS window will say "Successfully Installed."

5)  Most of the big Weidu mods like The Darkest Day will go soon after the fixpack but there are some variations to this but there are a few special circumstances

6)  For now it is important that TDD is extracted to the game folder (BGII - SoA) using WinRar, 7zip or another extraction software.  You will have a folder named TDD with lots of other folders in it, a Setup-TDD application and Setup-TDD.TP2.  

Run the Setup-TDD application and The Darkest Day will be begin installation.  

Note on WeiDU mods:  The WEImer Dialog Utility is a great tool to install mods and make them work very well together because they patch the files (mostly).  THis does not mean bugs are uncommon but for the most part are very stable.

It is very popular to combine many WeiDU mods into a very large MegaMod, of which The Darkest Day is one of those mods.  Other large mods that are compatible in WeiDU format are Region of Terror, Check the Bodies, Shadows over Soubar, Tortured Souls (TS-BP Big Picture version), Big Picture and Baldur's Gate Trilogy.  The combining of these mods together in one playthrough originated with the Big Picture by Horred the Plague and has grown to gargantuan proportions with the Big World Project.

All of these can be found here:

http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=9

A very good guide with tools for downloading and installing a custom Mega Mod can be found here:

Big World Project

http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=72

Feel free to post any questions here regarding file formats or installation specifics for TDD-Weidu.  Enjoy!!

Offline Hoppy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 12:56:44 PM »

Importance of the WeiDU log

The WeiDU log is a text document titled WeiDU and it will appear in your game folder after you have installed at least one mod using the WEiDU installer (most often something like setup-xxxx). The log can be opened with a text editor and is very valuable for modders and bugfixing to make sure incompatibilities can be resolved or installation order corrected.  

Please attach this log with bug reports to make sure certain things are present and either I or the royal "we" can try to duplicate the mod order and fix the bug or help change the install order.

Happy Gaming!!! 8)

Offline Morianthi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 01:43:33 PM »
TDD in Weidu format! Awesome news, thanks. This means that it is now compatible with other weidu mods, right? I know you already said it yourself, but I just wanna make sure. I'm primarily interested in combining Check the Bodies and TDD, would I still have a stable game? Won't the new spells that both megamods have to offer be in conflict with each other?

Offline Hoppy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Darkest Day-WeiDU Installation Requirements
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 01:05:37 PM »
They are both very compatible and have been in Weidu form for a while now. Any spell duplications have been worked out for a few years now, not by me but by the previous maintainers.  Check the Bodies has gone through some bugfixing as well so both should play well together.  They both work well with Baldur's Gate trilogy which is great and has some Bg1 mods that are compatible with the whole lot as well.

You might check out here for more info:

http://www.shsforums.net/forum/399-mega-modifications/

Offline grimm

• View Profile
Requirements
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 12:33:17 AM »
Does this function on OS X? There was alink for the download on the TDD site, but it seems the file has been removed.

thanks!

Offline Solaufein

• Lord of the Realms
  • Administrator
  • Level 5
  • Man against the Machine
    • ICQ Messenger - 251194643
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - gscott7833
    • View Profile
    • http://teambg.net
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 12:34:53 AM »
I'm pretty sure there isn't anything for OS X.
My mods:
Dark Horizons
The Undying
Nikita
IWD2 store

Co-contributor:
Dark Side of the Sword Coast BG1 Weidu
Aurils Bane
Encounters
Saerileth
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Offline lynx

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 03:19:53 AM »
it's in wierdu, it should already work. Just check if tdd runs any post install dos scripts and do it yourself.
GemRB - IE anywhere!