Author Topic: Need help please -- Neh'taniel just keeps repeating the same dialogue. *sigh*  (Read 5075 times)

Offline Amadera

• View Profile
    • Email
Hello,

I am sorry to bother you, Kitanna, but I have a small problem with Neh‚??taniel. As soon as I enter Umar Hills, or the temple area for that matter, Neh‚??taniel starts the: ‚??Over there. Do you see that cluster of flowers?‚?Ě dialogue, and it just keeps on repeating.

I have made a fresh install and started a new game, in case that was the problem, but to no avail.

Here‚??s my new install:

SoA, ToB
Official ToB patch.

Only added mods are:

BG2 fixpack
Ascension
Banterpack
Gavin
Kivan
Neh‚??taniel
BG2 Tweaks ‚?? (No NPC or Romance cheats enabled).

Everything was installed in that order.

Is there some line I could put in to skip this dialogue?

Thanks!

And if anyone else knows what I should do, please don‚??t hesitate to pitch in ‚?? I would like to resolve this ASAP.  :)

Kitanna, while I‚??m here, I just wanted to thank you for this mod. It‚??s great. Neh‚??taniel reminds me of Tsujatha, in that he brings much needed freshness to the game. I am very caught in his story. The character is wonderful and very touching. Nice work.

Sincerely,
Amadera

EDIT : Interestingly enough -- just thought I should mention this --, If I pick Neh'taniel up in a game where the temple ruin quest has already been done, I don't get that dialogue bug... I could always skip this with him; but the problem is, considering Neh'taniel's nature and faith, I assume it would be important for him to do that quest.  
Apart from that little bug, he is behaving wonderfully: did his quest with no problems at all, everything else is great.  :-\

EDIT 2: When I enter De'Arnise grounds, Neh'taniel goes through the "flower" dialogue, but only once -- still bugged after that for the other 2 areas.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 09:26:12 AM by Amadera »

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
Found the problem, very sorry. :(  I'm putting the fixed version up but, if you look in SK#NehtJ.d and search for the Global("SK#Flowers","GLOBAL",1), you'll see that one of the replies has the global set to 1 instead of 2 like the rest. Again, my apologies and thank you so much for your kind words.  :wub
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 01:25:10 AM by Kitanna »
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod
Calin NPC Mod - In Progress
Navarra NPC Mod  - In Progress

Offline Amadera

• View Profile
    • Email

It is I, who thank you so much for your time and attention.
Very nice of you to do this, really. I was desperate. I've tried to check the code, but i'm such a noob, couldn't find the right script. :) Not even sure I would have known what to do with it had I found it, hehe.

Have to learn this coding stuff... -- t'is on my "to do" list. :)

And please, do not apologize. I appreciate the help and the amount of work you've put into this mod. You did great. Neh'taniel is wonderful, can't wait to see what happens.

Again, thank you very much!

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
Coding isn't so bad once you get the hang of it. If I can do it, anyone can :P And you're very welcome, just felt bad it took me a couple days to notice your post. I get writing and forget about everything else lol. Working on finishing up a romance mod I started a few years ago and put on hold to work on Neht :)
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline Amadera

• View Profile
    • Email

It's fine. :) We're all busy.
See how long it took me to see this reply of yours... *sigh* Sorry about that.

And glad to know that another fine mod is on its way. I'm sure it will be great.

As for Neh'taniel, I am afraid I have another little bug. After restoring Marlowe's daughter and giving her 5000 GP -- I let the lich live, as Neht was so intent on the idea of the father paying for his foul deeds --, Neh'taniel tells me what a wonderful thing I did and proceeds to leave the party...  O.o
And I am like: "Wait what?!"

Please be sure and take your time in replying; busy anyways and my saved game isn't going anywhere. 
Just thought I'd mention the little bug. :)

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
Sorry you're having this problem :(  And I apologize for not seeing this sooner, my sons took me camping for a few days so.....  I can't find any obvious reason why Neht would leave the party. I'm assuming that your playing the romance so..... Neht is mortal when you get to that part or no?  I'll look at it again after I've had some sleep, 5:30 am here :P  I'm really sorry and I'll have it fixed asap :)
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
Fixed and uploaded  :)
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline Amadera

• View Profile
    • Email
Thanks!

And sorry I didn't answer your questions sooner -- had a big week-end too. :) So, yes it was the romance, and yes again, he was human... as you have clearly already figured out. So sorry. I know how that info would have helped you, had you received it earlier.

Again, thanks a lot!