Author Topic: Neh'taniel V3  (Read 8248 times)

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
Neh'taniel V3
« on: February 25, 2010, 08:23:10 PM »
I'm getting ready to release version and 3 and want to say a few things first. Much of the content in this version has changed, even for my testers. So, please read the updated Read-Me.
Also, due to me not being able to find an editor for the friendship talks, I was left with no choice but to leave them out. I have done my best to make up for that and there is some friend talks.
The romance issue about alignment  has been fixed, he will romance any alignment except evil.
I understand the TOB content is a bit lacking and I intend to fix that in the next version.

Uploaded and waiting for approval :)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 09:02:13 PM by kitanna »
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod
Calin NPC Mod - In Progress
Navarra NPC Mod  - In Progress

Offline Setharnas

• View Profile
Re: Neh'taniel V3
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 12:04:04 AM »
Please allow me to be the first to congratulate you on this release! I'm very happy about this, especially with the prospect of continued development of this knight's tale.

A couple of notes on the readme (I thought this thread was more appropriate for discussion):

-Compatibility Issues-

+ BTL, Beyond the Law, rewrites a portion of Gaelan's dialogue which prevents an important dialogue from taking place. So, I have rewritten the dialogue and set it to fire in another place.
That turns this into a non-issue, doesn't it? ;)

-Hints/Spoilers-

- Made a change to what happens if Neht dies. It made no sense to me that he should disappear from the party if he dies, he is already dead after all. Even a vampire reforms unless you stake it so, if Neht dies, use a rod of resurrection on him and he'll be ok.
Suggestion for future versions: With Neh't already having endured millennia as a remnant of a(n almost) dead god's faithful (and, as a paladin, karmal power conduit), how about some kind of scripted "auto-rez"? I'd envision it as him coming back to unlife after a rest, similarish to how the people in the sunken temple area have been reborn time and time again. Where those people had to go through a whole lifetime each time though, Neh't, already being a wraith, would be 'frozen' to his current state.

I really don't see much of an issue with it concerning the free resurrection, as in BG2 you really only ever are short on funds right after arriving in Athkatla. Instead it would be another (positive) thing to make Neh't stand out among NPCs.

Anyway, Thank You again for taking up one of the (to me, at least) most interesting mod concepts for BG. May you be blessed with a creative mind for all time. :D

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 08:55:33 AM »
Neht is immune to raise spells and I prefer keeping it that way. So. perhaps you should be grateful you can use the rod now instead of as it was where he completely disappeared when he "died" :)

I don't know how long it will take for the download to be approved so, anyone who doesn't want to wait, just send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you a copy.
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline Iridion

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 09:20:00 AM »
Hi, I've been lurking for a lot of time, waiting for this mod to be released with romance included. I want to thank you for your hard and generous work even in bad circumstances of life to get this done, for people like me to enjoy it. I have to dust my copy of the game and replay it again with Neh'taniel installed  :wub
So thank you very much  :lilly

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 09:29:34 AM »
Thank you, though modding can be very therapeutic when it comes to taking your mind off things :) Check your e-mail :)
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline Iridion

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 09:35:54 AM »
I´m going to try it right now!!! Don't know how to thank you :lilly

Offline Eyvindr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 09:42:53 AM »
This is great, but err... Sorry for the stupid question, but... where is it? I would love to download it, I have been waiting for this mod so much, but I can't find it anywhere. Help please! :(
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 09:54:25 AM by Eyvindr »
It's a metaphor of human bloody existence, a dragon. And if that wasn't bad enough, it's also a bloody great hot flying thing.
              (Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!)

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 10:08:47 AM »
I have to wait until the download is approved before anyone can access it :( Send me your e-mail address in a PM and I'll send you a copy :)
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline Setharnas

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 11:37:15 AM »
So. perhaps you should be grateful you can use the rod now instead of as it was where he completely disappeared when he "died" :)
Oh, I am - if what I wrote above was read as me being unhappy, then that couldn't be further away from truth. It was simply a suggestion in the way of 'wouldn't it be cool if...'. You don't seem to like it, so that's fine - I just wanted this misunderstanding out of the way.

Best wishes and thanks again!

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 12:08:12 PM »
It isn't that I don't like it, it was my first thought before the rod actually. The problem is, it doesn't work. A friend even tried to come up with a spell that would work, but couldn't. The only way that it will, is if I remove Neht's immunity to raise spells. I don't feel comfortable about doing that because I feel it would  defeat the purpose of him being harmed by heal and cure spells. If he can't be healed/cured, then he shouldn't be able to be raised either. And only an evil cleric would even consider "raising" a wraith, I would think. So, since it irritated me beyond reason when he "died" while I was testing, the rod seemed the best choice overall for making sure you don't lose him when that happens. I realize the cost, but it was the best I could do. Perhaps in the future, I can find someone advanced at spell making that would be interested in taking on the task of finding one that will work.
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline Setharnas

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 12:35:01 PM »
Hmm, my suggestion was not so much requiring any item or spell at all, but simply a script check on resting that does something like this:

IF
    !Alive(Neh't)
DO
    RESPONSE #(percentage chance here?)
        (make Neh't come back to playable state in whatever technical way you like)
END

As I said, the whole thing would just be a "inconsequential but cool" extra feature for a possible future version - inconsequential, because any cost for raise spells / items is, let's be honest here, hardly a matter throughout 90% of SoA. I just thought a Neh't who returns to playable state automatically would suit the whole 'remnant of a lost faith' theme. If it doesn't work or even just doesn't find your favor after all - that's fine, you have already done more than us Neh't fans ever dreamed of. :)

I actually quite like the whole 'no healing' idea. (Related thought because I can't remember from my earlier playing with Neh't: how does he react to the reverse healing spells? As a being of negative energy, that should heal him, but I don't know if that can even be easily done with the BG engine...?)

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 12:40:58 PM »
When he reaches lvl 17, he gains an ability called incorporeal healing. That will heal him, otherwise nothing but resting will do that.  And, if your idea is feasible, I will do my best to put it in the next version. Neht is a complicated mod, and tho I learned a lot working on it, there are still things I need to learn. 
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline Ankhesenpaaten

• Level 1
  • wounded orb
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 01:09:46 PM »
Thanks for sending him along!  It's been about 6 or 7 years waiting for the romance and I'll be with him likely ALL night tonight!    :wub

Thanks!   :lilly

Offline Wisp of Reality

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 03:20:37 PM »
How exciting! I can't wait to play this mod! Thank you so much for your hard work and effort to get this done even when things aren't exactly peachy, thank you again.
Dale is still alive as of 23/9/10

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 03:58:14 PM »
Sent :) 

And your welcome Ankhesenpaaten. Hope you enjoy it
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod