Author Topic: I am interested in any and all criticism!  (Read 6922 times)

Offline Annabelle Rose

• Retired
  • Level 2
    • View Profile
I am interested in any and all criticism!
« on: February 17, 2010, 02:13:26 AM »
This is shamelessly stolen from one of my modding heroes, the immoral immortal SimDing0â?¢!

The quote below will be paraphrased in a few spots so it fits my mods better.

Quote from: SimDing0â?¢
Players' thoughts are welcome! Given the growing tension around criticism of mods in some communities (although I haven't noticed any such problems here at PPG CoM), I feel it's worth clarifying that:

- You do not need permission to comment on my mods, although I'd be appreciative if you could inform me if you've posted any off-forum criticism that I haven't seen. That's not to say I need to hear every time somebody says "don't bother playing any of Ding0's MTS' mods", but multi-page criticisms of Improved Goodberries Crappack, I'd like to read.

- Criticism does not have to be nice. If you really, seriously, hated something I've done, then I'd like to know why. Speak your mind, however negative it may be-- so long as there's some reasoning behind your opinion, that's fine.

- Disagreeing with me is welcome. No decision I make is final, so if you feel you have something to add to an argument, go ahead and post it. I don't guarantee that I'll agree with your proposal, but I'm always ready for a good fresh discussion.

- Argument does not have to take place in private. The forum's here for a reason. Sure, if you're shy or whatever, I'll be just as glad to speak in PM or e-mail, but a public discussion gives more people the opportunity to voice their views, so I encourage this where possible.

I hope that's cleared up any doubts about etiquette here. Thanks to Domi for suggesting this post, and thanks to anybody providing feedback.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 12:32:20 AM by MajorTomSawyer »
"A good pipe and tobacco will allow you to endure fools, boobs, nitwits, most bosses, angry spouses, (well, maybe not angry spouses), incompetents, slings and arrows, broadsides and people who cut in front of you after you've waited 15 minutes in highway construction zones, and most of life's little problems." - Ted's Pipe Shop

Offline Lollorian

• View Profile
Re: I am interested in any and all criticism!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 08:01:13 AM »
Hopefully, this is the bug reporting thread :P

Anyway, one of the scripts in the MTS Crappack has an errant "Myself" (with quotes) ... it creates warnings when compiled cause BGII uses Myself (without quotes) :)

I tried to attach the corrected script here :P Thanks!

Offline Lollorian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 02:37:10 AM »
Heya :) There's a small fix for the crappack (;D) regarding some of its scripts. Please have a look here. Thanks!

Offline Annabelle Rose

• Retired
  • Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 04:22:52 PM »
Looks like lazy old MTS needs to get back to work then.

Edit - I will try to tackle this tomorrow, or maybe tonight at work.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 04:37:11 PM by MajorTomSawyer »
"A good pipe and tobacco will allow you to endure fools, boobs, nitwits, most bosses, angry spouses, (well, maybe not angry spouses), incompetents, slings and arrows, broadsides and people who cut in front of you after you've waited 15 minutes in highway construction zones, and most of life's little problems." - Ted's Pipe Shop

Offline Lollorian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 10:23:36 AM »
Small thing for AM :P

HALFEET.itm
- Moved invisibility effect from ability header into global effects

You can find fixed versions of the above items in the attachments in this post :)

Offline Lollorian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 08:50:15 PM »
SHURIK.itm's Sleep effect is a global effect rather than an on-hit effect :P Fixed file in this post :cheers:

Offline Lollorian

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 10:35:16 PM »
Please ignore the report about HALFEET.ITM 2 posts above :P THe actual problem is that the invisibility effect in the item makes you permanently invisible instead of the usual 8 hours :D

I've corrected the duration to 3600, corrected the timing mode and added the relevant display string, visual effecr and sound effects to the invisibility effect in the attachment in this post :)

Offline Lollorian

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 09:48:24 AM »
ilot reported this :)

PIERCEP.ITM
- Is type arrow (should be bullet)
- has ground and description icons for arrows (should be changed to bullet icons)
- is not flagged as a missile (should be flagged as a bullet)