Author Topic: The Bug Thread  (Read 40462 times)

Offline Wisp of Reality

• View Profile
Re: The Bug Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2010, 08:25:57 PM »
I didn't ask for a reward and I donated the max amount, I got no journal entry when I picked up the scroll but I was still able to go to Bylanna, Neh't dialogue at the slaver compound (which one? The one in the temple or slum district? Neither initiated a dialogue). I'll see if it works on this play through and report back.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 08:29:14 PM by Wisp of Reality »
Dale is still alive as of 23/9/10

Offline Ankhesenpaaten

• Level 1
  • wounded orb
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2010, 08:33:37 PM »
Please help!  Right after the UD I go to the hall for Anomen and then to the cemetery.  Nothing.

I've reloaded and tried several times and even went in to scout around and nothing's there.  How can I get the scene to play out?  I'm desperate and have played all night and REALLY want to go on!  Thanks.  I hope there's a variable or something I can set?

Offline Ankhesenpaaten

• Level 1
  • wounded orb
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2010, 09:36:00 PM »
Sooo...I now made a new ToB game and as soon as  (well, I CLUA'd in a rod of resurrection for Tazit's father) I raised the dad Neht said what a good deed it was and then runs off.  Cntl'q doesn't work on him and his portrait remains.  I return to the PP and his portrait is there but no Neh't. 

Weird...

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2010, 09:46:28 PM »
*cries* Ok, the graveyard stuff was tested to death and worked fine so... hell. I don't know why it isn't now. it makes no sense at all. As for TOB, why he ran off is beyond me because I couldn't even get that ICT to work and thought I took it out. Bleh, once I get this problem fixed I'm working on, I'll check the rest. Berelinde is going to help me so many we can get it all fixed quickly. Sorry :(
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod
Calin NPC Mod - In Progress
Navarra NPC Mod  - In Progress

Offline Esteris

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2010, 02:14:44 AM »
Ah, sorry to bother you again, but about those lovetalks... I had two things trigger outside - the thing about a flower and the one about setting a camp, but then it's all silence yet again... I don't know what to do  :(

When/where should the first lovetalk activate? With what words does it start? I'd like to know that so I could check it in some other game...

Editing...

Oh my, reading through these bug reports I think I'll just wait for another update and then reinstall everything. After all, romance IS one of the main points of the installation...  :P But please, do answer my question so I could make sure it works before I get into serious play again  :ermm:
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 06:13:48 AM by Esteris »
Reject only your ignorance and you may survive.

Offline Wisp of Reality

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2010, 04:13:18 AM »
The quest appears to be broken, I have Sion's scroll but Neh't has not given the dialogue necessary to continue the quest.

Yeah and whatever is meant to happen when you leave the crypt after the second bodhi battle doesn't happen, I just get the normal leaving dialogue from Neh't when I see him and then I can't click on him because that creepy little girl is standing in the exact same spot (if you cheat and kill her he just gives normal rejoin the party dialogue).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 05:00:03 AM by Wisp of Reality »

Offline Ankhesenpaaten

• Level 1
  • wounded orb
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2010, 08:04:19 AM »
Oh, Kitanna, don't worry!   I was just so into the game yesterday and last night and felt suddenly desperate of why things halted.  I shouldn't have posted at that time.  When I woke up today I wished I hadn't.  And to email you was unforgivable.  I'm truly sorry for doing that and putting pressure on you.  

I may have messed things up by having my full install done and then installing the new version of Neht (which my pc said was the same? what the heck?) on top of it after Tweaks was done.  In the past that never hurt things.  But after doing it Neht started talking when he had stopped so all was fine.

Yes, so now the Graveyard doesn't work and as for having Neht's portrait in ToB I don't think he did on the first try.  I seem to recall it vanished.  On another reload after a quick save I tried the Cntrl-Q and I think it captured his portrait but not his presence.

I also CLUA in items these days and I have Sarevok romance installed.  Could that also mess things up besides what I said above about installing the new version over Tweaks and the old one?

Do I maybe just need a new install?  If I didn't cause the problems by cheating in some items or the above, I won't mind reinstalling if I have to and helping to keep bug hunting, okay?  Of course with Berelinde to help you all bugs will be squished soon!  So cheer up!   :)

*cries* Ok, the graveyard stuff was tested to death and worked fine so... hell. I don't know why it isn't now. it makes no sense at all. As for TOB, why he ran off is beyond me because I couldn't even get that ICT to work and thought I took it out. Bleh, once I get this problem fixed I'm working on, I'll check the rest. Berelinde is going to help me so many we can get it all fixed quickly. Sorry :(
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 08:07:37 AM by Ankhesenpaaten »

Offline Delirio

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2010, 08:50:58 AM »
Hi Kitanna!

First of all, I'd like to compliment to you for bringing back to life this wonderful mod! I came on this forum some days ago and I couldn't belive my own eyes when I found out that Neh'taniel was near completion!  :wub

I found a little bug while playing: Neh't commenting on some romantic encounter happened previously his coming in the group (that was just funny  ::) ).
[Edited for the disappearance of the "Slaver bug" in the newer version!! You're the best!!!!)  :lilly
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 09:00:51 AM by Delirio »

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2010, 10:57:48 AM »
I found the issue, after fighting with Neht til 6 am.... Between Berelinde and I, it should be fixed soon. Tho Neht hates me so, I'm only saying "should" :P
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline Ankhesenpaaten

• Level 1
  • wounded orb
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2010, 01:41:21 PM »
Hi Kitanna!

First of all, I'd like to compliment to you for bringing back to life this wonderful mod! I came on this forum some days ago and I couldn't belive my own eyes when I found out that Neh'taniel was near completion!  :wub

I found a little bug while playing: Neh't commenting on some romantic encounter happened previously his coming in the group (that was just funny  ::) ).
[Edited for the disappearance of the "Slaver bug" in the newer version!! You're the best!!!!)  :lilly

Hey, I had that, too!  Can't I have ONE little time with Ribald without the 'Neht' being cast over me for it when he wasn't even there?   ;D

Offline Esteris

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2010, 02:41:12 PM »
Just writing once again to let you know that being a terribly impatient fool I am, I have redone the installation and I've CLUA'd myself to Neht and stuff, his lovetalks activate now so if something goes wrong it would mean I screwed things up, not the mod or the install. I also *think* I should be able to install the new version without that much pain this time. I hope.

Too bad I have to start everything anew... In older save his name is some string of speech of some other character, most likely because I've skipped Check the Bodies mod this time around.

Well anyway, from what I've seen, Neht's worth the hassle. Good luck fighting other bugs, I'm really happy you took over this mod. It would be such a waste otherwise.

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2010, 06:58:04 PM »
The problem was, my install was somehow so messed up, I had to reinstall from discs. I played thru to the graveyard encounter and didn't find anything with the quest or graveyard scene not working. As soon as I check the RE problem, I'll upload the next version. So sorry guys :(

I'll have to talk to Berelinde about the RE issue as I'm not really sure how to stop that from happening. Also, she came up with a way to "raise" Neht on rest and that hasn't been put in yet. Bear with me, please. I know it's frustrating, trust me. I've messed with this mod more than I've slept in the last couple days. The next version is up and should work now except the RE issue.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 07:35:18 PM by Kitanna »
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline Ankhesenpaaten

• Level 1
  • wounded orb
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2010, 06:22:23 AM »
I am sure now the Graveyard etc. was my fault.  I forgot to uninstall the old version before installing the new version and I see now that it probably did indeed mess up my game.  I'm sorry.

I did a quick ToB and LOVED it!  I just wish I hadn't also seen the Ascension Epilogue.  I am a selfish player and would have tweaked it just a bit!  (Hmmm...if I knew how I would change my own copy of it and still have us both happy.  :) )

Thanks so much for this lovely romance and am looking forward to trying again with a new and hopefully correct install.  I love how ToB turned out fairly early on and was pleasantly surprised at how cool and caught by surprise I was.   :wub

Edit - I gave the Ascension Epilogue too bad a rap.  It's not sad.  But I'll PM you, Esteris,  just a hint of what I really mean.  If you want a tad more let me know.  But keep in mind what I said above!  I'm a selfish romancer.

Kitanna, if you get on here soon enough and don't want my comments, especially about the Epilogues, please tell me and I'll delete this post.  I don't mean to spoil and if I am tell me.  I'll erase this.  I know there is a certain amount of time I can do so.  I posted last night and regretted it and erased it.  So I can again, okay?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 07:03:00 AM by Ankhesenpaaten »

Offline Esteris

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2010, 06:24:46 AM »
Guys? I smell some sad ending around. Which way to go to avoid it (you can PM me not to spoil, but don't spoil me much either, I just cannot BEAR sad endings... Please?)?

Offline Wisp of Reality

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2010, 04:58:06 PM »
Yeah, I had the same problem as Ankhesenpaaten (can I call you Ankh? I mean seriously, that's just annoying to type out xD ), after a complete uninstall and reinstall the graveyard stuff worked. (was there meant to be anything specific for the romance when Neh't talks to you after you kill that little girl's monsters?).