Author Topic: The Bug Thread  (Read 38535 times)

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Bug Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2010, 02:47:07 PM »
I'm not surprised by that. I put the cutscenes back the way they were to begin with and now they work again. We were fooling with different things to make the graveyard work and decided to change those scenes too. it didn't work in our favor lol. Sent the typos whenever your ready via PM or e-mail. Very gladto see all the bugs are finally squashed! Thanks a ton for your hard work testing it all :)
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod
Calin NPC Mod - In Progress
Navarra NPC Mod  - In Progress

Offline Wisp of Reality

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2010, 01:35:26 AM »
Uh, I'm really nervous about reporting this but I was outside the tainted temple to Amanautor, and after Neh't gave me the crystal talk...he kept repeating it (ie he kept initiating this dialogue continuously after I waited for a few moments) I was able to enter the temple and once inside the bug ceased. So I am able to play the game regardless of the bug, I just thought you should know.
Dale is still alive as of 23/9/10

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2010, 01:13:22 PM »
well crud, that has always worked fine. I don't know why it isn't but I'm checking now.

Well, as embarrassing as it is, I uploaded a new version. Be sure to check the download link.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 01:50:04 PM by kitanna »
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline Wisp of Reality

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2010, 09:59:04 PM »
I am so sorry to be such a party pooper once again, but when Neh't  intervened for the second slayer change, after a few moments (the time it takes for the slayer change to abate during game time)  I still got the dialogue for the ending of that slayer change (ie 'The madness fades and the essence within retreats, but if this continues you will lose not only yourself but also everything you hold dear').
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 10:00:41 PM by Wisp of Reality »

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2010, 10:51:03 PM »
you got the cut scene right? because if you did, that isn't a bug. It's suppose to happen that way.
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline Wisp of Reality

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2010, 10:57:02 PM »
Ah ok, it just seemed strange that I got that talk, even after Neh't kind of stopped the transformation.

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2010, 10:59:50 PM »
I suppose it is, Neht's creator did it that way and I just left it not even thinking about it. I was so preoccupied with fixing what was broken that it didn't occur to me it sounded odd. Thank you for pointing it out to me, however. I might just change that in the future. :)
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline Wisp of Reality

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2010, 06:23:10 AM »
Er, oh dear, I think I really have found a second bug... I've gotten to the temple after the under-dark saga and Viduan goes to talk to Neh't...but when I press continue the conversation breaks (ie ceases completely) and I cannot engage in whatever banter occurs.

Offline Esteris

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2010, 07:52:17 AM »
These forum's layout hurts my eyes  :P

Anyway, haven't gotten far with the mod yet, but I've noticed one thing and I'm not sure it should go that way - as far as healing spells are working awesomely, meaning they do nothing and just provoke "Stop! Do not!" (would be a nice touch if they actually hurt him  :evil), potions of healing heal Neh'taniel. Should that be so?

I also like the archaic English here and there. Awesome  ;D

Ah, also! What was that thing I've seen in the readme about him not being able to carry any non-plane touched items? He came in a normal helmet and armor and he can carry whatever I throw at him (not that I complain, being the pack-rat I am, just curious  :P)

In temple district nobody seems to attacks him. And there I was about to finally have some reason to rid of some ogre-headed paladins and haughty priests  :-[

In any case - I'm playing the v3 of the mod  :lilly

Editing...:
Neht doesn't seem to talk to me besides the area-specific triggers or quest-specific ones. I've checked values in SK, they seem to be active, SK#NehtMatch and SK#NehtRomanceActive are both set to 1. Don't know if that matters, but the Unseeing eye quest is over too. Is this how it's supposed to be? Or is something amiss?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 10:41:39 AM by Esteris »
Reject only your ignorance and you may survive.

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2010, 12:19:54 PM »
First of all, thank you for the kind words :)

Healing spells do actually cause damage to him, the heal spell does the most, it kills him. If healing potions heal him, then I'm sure his creator had no means to stop that from happening.

The part about the "plane touched" items was his creators way of explaining why when Neht has no body... he can wear armor and carry a sword and shield. You will notice, however, that trying to make Neht a packrat will not work so well. His burden is already high before you hand him anything, which was done on purpose because he is actually mist and shouldn't be able to carry anything anyway. Neht is a very complicated mod and some things that seem as if they shouldn't happen, like him being able to carry things, of course has to be.

When Neht was first created and put into the game, everyone in the Temple District attacked him. But that doesn't help you get quests done, does it? :P  So, spells are in effect to help Neht not be spotted...such as his fade spell and invisibility... so the player can do those things. There are places in the game where those spells won't keep Neht from being attacked and therefore, he leaves the party and waits for the group outside.
Such as rescuing Aerie, if Neht goes in the tent, Quayle attacks him. Neht has a dialogue to warn the PC every time he has to leave the group.

I'm not sure why the LT's and flirts are not working for you if his romance is active. But, I just noticed the post before yours *sigh* and it seems there is a bug so, I'll have to fix that and upload another release.
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline Esteris

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 02:38:21 PM »
Thank you for your reply. For me the problem is, I cannot truly install the newer version as my installation is biffed and closed and I'm afraid the easiest way would be to reinstall everything (easiest doesn't mean not troublesom :P).

In my case, I'd highly appreciate if you could help me, if possible, with variables I could set to move things forward, were I stuck on the way. I'd really love to continue playing and not miss out on the content! I'm terribly picky when it comes to NPC mods and truth to be told, Neht is the first non-bioware [including non-BG1-imported, as I've played Kivan for BG2] NPC that I've kept in my party for longer than just CLUAConsole-check-lovetalks-kick-out period (or see-the-first-banter-and-ignore even)  :D
Reject only your ignorance and you may survive.

Offline Wisp of Reality

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 04:09:16 PM »
I am so sorry about this =A=; The mod has been absolutely wonderful thus far....It seems I'm always the bearer of bad news these days...

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2010, 05:08:53 PM »
Wisp of Reality:
AM working on Viduin's broken dialogue, I didn't forget :P  It's just taking me awhile to figure out why it's broken now all of a sudden. I'm pretty sure Relic is the culprit. Did you do Neht's  slaver quest by chance? I skipped pasted it to get to Viduin faster and yes, it is now broken. Just wondering if you did the same. And don't worry... I need to know these things. Sometimes it just takes time to get a version that works perfectly.
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline Wisp of Reality

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2010, 06:07:45 PM »
I did do the slaver quest, well...tried? What occurred was that the journal wouldn't update or anything after I killed the slavers in the second part of the quest that what's her name gave the pc. I couldn't finish the quest. Was the journal meant to update when you enter the district that was closed down for the sweep or when you enter the building?

Also, just as an after thought, when I finished Nalia's kidnapping quest I thought it was odd Neh't didn't comment on the fact you find her kidnapper is in league with the slavers Neh't would have some kind of dialogue (considering that the guy was manipulating his position of power for personal gain, using his power to pretty much ignore the law...you'd think that would give Neh't some food for thought). Just a thought though, nothing serious...

(I think about all this because I don't have much of a life right now xD )
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 06:09:19 PM by Wisp of Reality »

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2010, 06:44:05 PM »
There is a journal entry when you get the quest from Bylanna, another when you get the scroll of Haegan's body, another in the compound after Neht says the dialogue about going to the graveyard to find Algol and the last when you find the documents in the area the Enforcer is in. The only thing that would prevent you from completing the quest would be

A. You don't donate the maximum amount (1,000 gold)
B. You ask for a reward and receive the necklace.

I'm uploading a new version in just a few minutes with a temporary fix for Viduin. It will be tomorrow before it is fixed so that Relic's part works... and until then... the Lilacor/Relic stuff doesn't work either. I'm sorry but at least this way, you can play the mod. There is a problem with Relic's CRE or something and it isn't an easy fix atm.
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod