Author Topic: The Bug Thread  (Read 39178 times)

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Bug Thread
« on: January 26, 2010, 08:41:46 PM »
Please post any bugs you find, here. I know better than to think there isn't any :P
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod
Calin NPC Mod - In Progress
Navarra NPC Mod  - In Progress

Offline Raieyana

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Bug Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 02:47:13 PM »
Ok I may have one for you  ;)

I'm playing as a druid, and I am at the druid grove challenging Faldorn. As soon as I beat her Neht comes up to me and says he will not stay while I routinely break the law and then he takes off.  :o
I tried to get Cernd to challenge but he will not as long as I am there, so I made a backup and changed my class with Shadowkeeper. Cernd challenged, won, and Neht had no problem with that  ;D

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 03:17:15 PM »
Very odd. I will check in to that immediately. Thank you :)
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline Black Adder

• The Shadow Dancer
  • Eseehc ekil t'nod I
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 01:33:27 PM »
Glad to say, nothing major to report.

I played through to the elven city as a rogue and nothing out of the ordinary happened. Played through to the elven city as a cleric and again, everything went right. Well, other than the graveyard, but I reloaded the auto-save and waited a bit longer and Neht showed up on time lol.

There was a certain flirt with an issue - I'm not sure what one exactly, but it had the option to smile at Neht. It had the three options of reply, and still had an "end dialogue" box at the bottom. A little strange but nothing major.

And just out of curiosity, does Neht have a string fixer? At certain points I felt like he was going to speak and then suddenly Jaheira or Minsc started chittering away instead lol.
People aren't always what they seem. Sometimes when a man's willing to hold out a hand, it's because he has something up his sleeve.

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 02:26:42 PM »
Very cool! So glad the graveyard is fixed! WOOT!  :lilly  Got the flirt fixed, thank you. Working on the string fixer. hadn't put it in yet, so much on my to do list that it got overlooked so far. Thank you for your report :)
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline Raieyana

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 02:10:13 AM »
I made it to the elven city tonight, yay for the graveyard working! ;D

There are a couple new things I ran into but I'm going to test it a bit more tomorrow after work and finish up the SoA portion before reporting it. To tired tonight to spend that last hour or two dealing with Irenicus  ;D

This bit about flirts tho makes me curious. I haven't gotten any, whether Neht or PC initiated, so I was wondering if its mostly a ToB thing? I didn't see anything in the readme, forgive me if I'm blind :3
I know they are working in ToB; I had made a character there quick to see the fate spirit dialog and the first few lines etc.

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 09:20:57 AM »
there is a PID option- flirt,  if you are playing the romance for SOA There are Neht initiated flirts that start after the enforcer part of his SOA quest, also if your playing the romance.  

Also, was it easy to tell which option the fate spirit gives you is for the romance?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 09:23:01 AM by kitanna »
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline Siha

• Amateurish killer
  • Touch-and-Go
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 09:31:24 AM »
I've found a few spelling mistakes, should I PM them to you?:)
Also, romance seems to stop after LT 5 (or maybe it's just me. I'm such a looser:). Maybe I should do something before, I don't know.  :-\
The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 10:03:35 AM »
Yes, please PM them if you don't mind. being the typo queen, I don't catch them all :P Also, I sent you an e-mail
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline Raieyana

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 04:46:10 PM »
Hmm strange. I never got a single thing. Maybe I did something wrong along the way but I don't think so. I was nice to him  :)

The fate spirit dialog was clear too. What I found strange tho was the fact that after the transition to ToB, I had no option to summon him but starting a new ToB game, its there.

I also will send you a PM. I have a small handful of things to report  ;D

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 04:54:51 PM »
Well that's not good.  :( You should have been able to summon him regardless of a new game or not. I'll look into that immediately. So much for hoping he was behaving for once :P Thanks :)
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 05:49:40 PM »
The problem was found, and I apologize. One of the hazards of taking over a mod that was partly done. The script that has Neht leave in hell, had him killing himself instead of destroying himself so... it wasn't possible to transition him.  I'll check that part with Sarie, having her sing isn't my usual choice after I saw what happens :P
Even so, am not sure why that would happen. Her saying she is poisoned makes me think you have scrambled strings. Been there, done that with as many times as I install reinstall lol. I'll double check myself first but you may be right on the clean install. The relic part... baffles me as well. Let you know asap. And that you very much, your list is greatly appreciated and your efforts. It's hard for one person to catch everything, and I really am thankful for the help. Uninstall Neht and  in your script folder, locate SK#2900.baf  replace what's in there with this....

IF
   Global("DefeatedJon","GLOBAL",1)
   InParty("SK#Neht")
THEN
   RESPONSE #100
      ActionOverride("SK#Neht",LeaveParty())
      ActionOverride("SK#Neht",DestroySelf())
END

save the file and you should be good to go on summoning him. :) When you reinstall the mod that is. :P
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline Raieyana

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 09:17:15 PM »
Lol, I thought it was strange that he just keels over at the end. I originally thought he had been killed with a death spell or turned to stone or something. I thought that might have been causing the game to think he didn't exist.  ;D

I'm making another speedy run through with just important story content. So far, so good. Had a very busy weekend with my friend in town and my grandpa deciding he had been kidnapped. Guess his Dementia meds are not working as intended. ;) Then we had to run him to the hospital after a fall last night, everything is fine more or less, he is just requiring a lot more time than usual lately. I haven't nearly done as much testing as I had planned; but I have all day tomorrow. :) 

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 11:36:56 AM »
Sorry to hear about your grandfather, I hope all turns out well :)  He is certainly more important than testing, don't worry about not having the time. I appreciate all you've done. :P Epilogues are done and coded, still have to test them but my lil dog is demanding attention by licking my fingers when I type, she feels cheated that Neht is getting so much attention :P
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline Raieyana

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 02:05:04 PM »
Done with my quick playthrough. Happy to report that everything worked fine; except I didn't get those cutscenes again.  ;D 
All I have for you is a few typos.  :)