Poll

Alter BioWare behavior or leave it alone?

Let nature take its course. The romances are supposed to end when an NPC is dismissed, so let them.
1 (25%)
The NPCs should respond to the player's intent. If the PC is rude or dismissive about sending the NPC home, the romance should end, but if the PC is supportive, and is sending them home because he or she cares, let the romance continue.
2 (50%)
This is a convenience mod. It's very inconvenient to have your BF/GF break up with you just because you need room in your party for one more, so don't bloody kill the romances.
1 (25%)
Love conquers all. Let the romances run.
0 (0%)
I don't much care one way or the other. If I wanted to keep the romance going, I wouldn't be sending them back to the mainland anyway, would I?
0 (0%)
Seriously, I have no opinion.
0 (0%)
Whatever. I'm not downloading the mod, anyway.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Romance breaks?  (Read 3704 times)

Offline berelinde

• Global Moderator
  • Level 3
    • View Profile
Romance breaks?
« on: January 17, 2010, 02:44:39 AM »
Version 4 of Homeward Bound is in the works, and approaching completion. It will enable the PC to send BioWare NPCs home from Brynnlaw. This is a lot different from the ToB elements of the mod because a lot of the time, the romances are still very much underway, working toward that big RomanceActive=2 that's needed for Chapter 6 events. But... there are  lot of NPCs now that get recruited in chapters 4 and 5, so this offers a way to send them home without breaking immersion.

For those of you tht weren't following along, v3 will offer ways to send the NPCs home from Brynnlaw, either before or after going to Spellhold. The PC can free up to 3 party slots. I'm putting a sea captain in Brynnlaw that will offer to take NPCs home for a price, but not the Bhaalspawn, because frankly, <CHARNAME> creeps her out.

So, I appreciate your feedback. Keep romance alive or let it die the death?

Edited to correct the version number.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 03:50:25 PM by berelinde »

Offline Carleton

• Level one bard
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Romance breaks?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 01:49:43 PM »
This should be like real life where 'romance' is actually personal baggage. It just wouldn't be a romance without forcing your character into irrational and uncompromising inconvenience.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 01:51:37 PM by Carleton »
Hi Friend

Offline graoumf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 03:41:12 PM »
The mod is already in version 3 (with the french translation). If there will be some big changes with the old version, could we have the new .tra files in order to update the translation before the release, please? :)
Coordinator of the French Translation Team " Les d'Oghmatiques", with Galathée and Isaya.
Translations' coordination (done): Auril's Bane, Cassius, CoM_Encounters, Dark Horizons, Dark Side of the Sword Coast, Food and Herbal, Homeward Bound, Stone of Askavar, Tsujatha Melalor

Offline berelinde

• Global Moderator
  • Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 03:49:12 PM »
I'd be happy to send you the translation files. I've been keeping everything in a separate dialogue file to make it easier to do and incorporate translations. And yes, this is version 4, not version 3. My fault. Sorry!

Offline berelinde

• Global Moderator
  • Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 06:03:16 AM »
After considering the diametrically opposed opininons presented here and through personal communication, I've decided to let the player choose what happens to Bioware romances. One of the best things about WeiDU, apart from its ability to modify the game in a non-destructive manner, is its ability to let players select which options to install. This component will look like this: "Sending NPCs home from Brynnlaw affects the romance? [N] ot install [1] Sending NPCs home from Brynnlaw does not kill active romances. [2] Sending NPCs home from Brynnlaw has the potential to kill active romances, as in the unmodified game." Player options rock.