Author Topic: Discussion  (Read 15502 times)

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Discussion
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2010, 10:43:39 PM »
go speak to nyalee about the hearts. after she finishes speaking, wait there by her for a couple seconds. a visitor should spawn and speak to neht
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod
Calin NPC Mod - In Progress
Navarra NPC Mod  - In Progress

Offline RavenBlack

• Level 1
    • ICQ Messenger - 84032046
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2010, 11:37:16 PM »
Is there an alternate download link? The one listed on the readme page is dead and CoM doesn't like my comp for some reason. My download keeps dying :(

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2010, 02:58:58 AM »
The link in the read-me is to report bugs :P I don't know why the link in the download section isn't working but I'll e-mail you a copy
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline Peachplums

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2010, 08:46:46 PM »
I recently downloaded the Neh'taniel mod and I completely love it. Now that that has been said, I had a couple of questions I was hoping someone out there could answer.

When summoning Neht from the Fate Spirit in ToB, is there any reason why Relic's mouth is "rusted shut"? Or does he just not have any ToB interjections?

In SoA, I only ever recall Relic mentioning Neht's past love life in a p.i.d. very briefly. So I was somewhat surprised in ToB when [spoiler]one of the conversation paths chides Neht for being too rough/enthusiastic the night before because it was his first time[/spoiler] <-- which was something I did not know. Where was it mentioned before this point? Or was it at all? Did I miss a conversation somewhere along the way?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 09:35:25 PM by FakeWings00 »

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2010, 02:04:41 AM »
First off, I'm glad you like the mod :)  Relic has nothing to say in TOB so, yea I guess you could say it's mouth is rusted shut :P Also, I don't think that was mentioned earlier anywhere. I probably should have put it in somewhere before TOB once I decided to write it that way but honestly didn't think about it. 
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline Peachplums

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2010, 08:51:22 AM »
   Hrrm. If you're thinking that adding that information is something you would want to do, you could work it into the rest scene in ToB easily (very easily, now that the dialogues in my head have started playing themselves out).
   Oh! Or touching on it in SoA through a flirt path (for the more brazen <charname>s out there), where <charname> teases Neht something along the lines of "Don't be so shy, Neh'taniel, it's not as if ___" To which Neht would look away and end the conversation, leaving <charname> with an awkward "guess I shouldn't have said that" moment. I know that happened to me quite often when I was using the flirt p.i.d.s in SoA. *cough*
   But now that I'm thinking about it, Neht's interactions with Viconia are rather misleading given the revelation in ToB hehe. I wonder why Neht is willing to flirt with Viconia like he does, but is not nearly as forward with <charname>  *strokes chin* Such a complex character. Something to ponder I s'pose.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 08:53:44 AM by FakeWings00 »

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2010, 09:41:33 AM »
For some reason I can't fathom, Neht's creator wanted a romance between him and Viccy if the PC wasn't a match. I left what dialogues she had there when I took it over but decided not to go further with it. Neht is the result of 2 different modders and yes, he is indeed complex. I'll keep your suggestions in mind and thank you :)
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline teneery

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2010, 05:09:06 AM »
I played Neh'Taniel since 2.72 and everything was alright with Neht's journal. Now it's not uptaded and Neh'Taniel dosen't even have it in his inventory. Why?

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2010, 10:18:04 AM »
There's no reason I can think of why it isn't updating or in his inventory unless your playing TOB. I left the journal stuff as it was when I took over the mod.
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline Amazor'dra

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2010, 11:18:08 PM »
So Kitanna, how is Neht doing?  :whistle:

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2010, 04:29:57 PM »
Hey Ama! :) He isn't doing as well as he would have if you had stayed working on him, But I did my best with what little background I had to go on. I hope you won't be disappointed, tho no one is better with Neht than you, he is your baby after all. Good to hear from you again and I hope your job is going well. :)
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline Amazor'dra

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2010, 06:31:17 PM »
Oh, I don't know about that. I was a terrible Infinity Engine coder. From what I hear you've gone above and beyond the call of duty. And I at least, am very appreciative. I meant it when I said you had free reign with the mod.

Tsuru hadn't given you access to the hidden Neht sections on Blacksheep? Besides the hidden workroom, there was also a section that contained all of the threads which had info about the ideas--including background info--that had been discussed even from way back when Spellhold Studious wasn't called such. I remember telling her to give you access to all that. If you weren't, I do believe I still have moderator status over there, so can still send you any info if you need it.

My career is indeed going well. I even managed to finish up my 2nd college degree. Much less stress now than there was before. How have you been doing?

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2010, 08:08:59 PM »
Aside from 8 stitches in my left hand, and am left handed :P, pretty good. Congrats on your 2nd degree :)

I got access to them yes, but some of the ideas I had to leave out as I found I wasn't good at writing them. The evil path and the plan for Kao specifically. I'm pretty good now with code but not the writer you are, not even close. Course this writer's block isn't helping me any.  But, Neht was formed in your mind not mine so, getting a grasp on him was harder than I expected. I guess i just hoped for more background on him or his old love, but I'm very grateful for all the information you did have for me. Still, people seem to like the mod so I must have done something right  ;D I learned a great deal working on this mod, as far as the monster bugs go and coding so, even tho I would have loved to have seen you finish Neht, I'm grateful for the opportunity to have played a part in it.  And cheers to you for creating such a great mod and allowing me to keep him from never being finished :)
Course, it isn't finished yet, I'm not happy with TOB or parts of SOA. If you have anything laying around that you wrote and I haven't seen, banters or evil Neht stuff, flirts... whatever and manage to find the time, please send it along because I'd love to include it. If you can't, no worries but keep in touch if you're able, it's good to hear from you :)
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline Amazor'dra

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2010, 11:18:57 PM »
More like cheers to you for taking up the mod when I was ready to go screaming into the night. Thank you for your kind comments, and I hope you feel better soon. The last time I had stitches it took a major effort of will to keep from scratching since they itched so much.  :)

Coding for Neht was always an... adventure. Since I wanted to do and try out things that other mods at that time hadn't done, and kept running into a "mysterious" problem that as soon as one bug was fixed, somehow that fix had managed to break other previously working parts. And everyone would be scratching their heads wondering how that happened. 

I'll see what I can do about finding any info I may have missed in giving to you. Did you want it in an email or simply just post it in a new thread here? What specific part are you getting writer's block?

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2010, 01:25:20 AM »
E-mail would be great and it isn't specific, I just can't write. Not even my other mods..... I'm sure it's just a passing thing and I'll be back to normal soon. Coding isn't so bad as long as you have the time to devote to learning it, and you didn't with everything on your plate :)
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod