Author Topic: Discussion  (Read 15723 times)

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
Discussion
« on: December 16, 2009, 03:40:00 PM »
Thought this would be a better place to discuss the mod :)

Anyway, save your worship for now, Neht has done nothing but be mean to Berelinde and I all day! Am ready to have Sarevok kill him off :P
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod
Calin NPC Mod - In Progress
Navarra NPC Mod  - In Progress

Offline berelinde

• Global Moderator
  • Level 3
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 09:49:25 AM »
You'd better not after the day we had yesterday! Besides, we got it woking in the end... well, mostly. And today is another day, and I think I know how to fix that last bit.

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 10:33:36 AM »
That's cause you're just awesome that way! I won't really kill him.... :whistle:
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline teneery

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 12:32:35 PM »
Hey, noone contacted me to join... I could torment Neh'taniel together and force him to work... :P

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 03:54:32 PM »
hey now! that wraith is tormenting me enough with you helping! :P We got the special cut scenes working correctly, finally. and everything else we were trying to do, except one detail. That one, however, would require a kit expert and so, I'm debating on just leaving it as it is. We'll see. Either way, it's pretty cool! I just hope everyone likes it as much as I do when they play it.
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 08:36:38 PM »
All hail Berelinde! :P  It all works perfectly, just as it should!  :lilly  Took long enough, sheesh.  Guess I won't be killing Neht after all. HAHA
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2009, 07:48:36 PM »
I've had many comments  on Neht's sword, Relic. All of which are bad...except one. The person told me the questions the PC can ask the sword aren't bad but, the grammar is horrid.  So, I'll refrain from airing my thoughts on the sword and just say this... I can do do 1 of 2 things, make the sword to where it never talks or, re-write the sword dialogues and improve it.  I'll let Neht's fans decide what happens. Please post your thoughts on Relic's fate. 
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 07:08:34 PM »
How many people who play Neht's mod, or plan to,  rest their party before following Elhan into Suldanesslar?
I'm just wondering how many actually see the encounter that happens there and if having it happen at rest, which is how Neht's creator has it happen, causes people to miss it or if resting there is a common occurrence. Since I know it happens there, I of course rest the party, but not everyone knows that something happens there.
Feedback on this would be appreciated, I'd like to change how it occurs if it is necessary since it's continued, of sorts, in TOB.

Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline Setharnas

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 02:39:17 AM »
I have to admit I don't remember that encounter, so take this with a grain of salt. From how you described it, I think it might be best to have someone give a hint to the effect of "sure, we're in a hurry, but going in exhausted as we are might be suicidal. Let's have a short rest. I feel we might need it..." This way players are at least nudged towards the encounter. If it comes from Neh't or is worded a bit more explicit, even better.

And I missed the Relic issue. I enjoyed the rusty old butterknife, but was rather disappointed it never got anything new to say (at least that's how I remember it, might be because I looked at the mod's source files when I had some issues with it). So my vote would be for a little more content for it, some more interjections, an additional banter or two with Lilarcor - and especially, situational conversation options. Shade Temple. Firkraag's place. First time seeing the sun again (after thousands of years). Underdark already has some conversation options, but I seem to remember they were available right from the start (i.e. Cromwell's first treatment). Suldanesselar might also invoke memories.

Offline Ankhesenpaaten

• Level 1
  • wounded orb
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 09:19:23 AM »
I loved Relic when I played the original version.  Just improve the sword's grammar and let him have his say, I say!  Also, I always rest before Suldenessar.  Maybe Elhan could suggest it?

The original didn't have an encounter, just Helm and Amaunator (I think) just standing there and saying nothing.  The original author told me to just ignore them and move on because they just stood there and didn't talk or anything. 

Offline Setharnas

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 09:20:57 AM »
Ah, thanks for clearing that up. :)

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 10:37:30 AM »
Thank you for your suggestions about the encounter, I'll fool with a few ideas and see what works best. As for them not saying anything, I have no idea why Ama would tell you that, Ankhesenpaaten, because they do speak and it ties into TOB.  As for Relic....  I posted that over a month ago and no one seemed to care, didnt want to post... didn't see the post? I don't know but, relic doesn't speak anymore. I removed all dialogue and display strings for him from the mod. I may consider putting it back, but, I'd have to rewrite the dialogue so it sounds a bit better before I even thought about expanding it and I wouldn't do that for this release. In the very near future? Possible depending on what people think about it.
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline Ankhesenpaaten

• Level 1
  • wounded orb
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 01:02:03 PM »
Aw...I was very busy the last month and never saw the Relic post.  I really think he makes the mod more unique!  And Ama did indeed tell me to ignore them at the entrance to Suldanesselar.  Maybe my install was glitched?  All she said was "ignore them and go on." 

Also, if you dumped the Relic banters...well, that's your choice and I'll live with it.  I personally liked them and found them cool.  Also, my sister-in-law once wrote a Crossmod banter with Hubelpot/Lilarcor/Relic.  I think the two swords could have something to talk about.

Well, I'd better stop pressing.  If Relic is a dead horse I won't keep beating him!  I'll just be happy the romance is almost ready and can hardly wait.  It's been 6 or so long years of waiting and I want to love Neht!   :wub

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 01:23:58 PM »
I believed you when you said she told you that :) I'm just not sure why she did. maybe that part wasn't finished at the time. Check your PMs, relic is coming back, I promise. I now have an anonymous helper with the dialogues, I just can't promise it will be in this release. It depends on how quickly I get everything else finished and on my helper, who has a full plate also.  Like you said, it's been 6 years now.... if it takes longer for Relic to get a much needed over-haul, having the romance and TOB finished seems like a fair trade, yes? :)
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline Ankhesenpaaten

• Level 1
  • wounded orb
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 06:29:52 PM »
Oh, Gods, YES!!!  

My oh my, that sounded like I just either had an orga** or I peed my pants.   :-[   Well,maybe not peed my pants...but I am excited, and yes, that is a fair trade-off.   :lilly