Author Topic: Need some kit/cre help please  (Read 11977 times)

Offline kitanna

• Modders
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
Need some kit/cre help please
« on: December 15, 2009, 10:05:05 AM »
Is there a way to assign these to certain CRE's instead of them all?  I'm still pretty new to kits and such so any help is appreciated. Thanks :)

COPY ~Neh'taniel/Abilities/SK#FForm.spl~ ~override/SK#FForm.spl~
  SAY NAME1 ~Fire Wraith~
  SAY NAME2 ~Fire Wraith~
COPY ~Neh'taniel/Abilities/SK#Fiery.spl~ ~override/SK#Fiery.spl~
  SAY NAME1 ~Fiery Hands~
  SAY NAME2 ~Fiery Hands~
COPY ~Neh'taniel/Abilities/SK#Wrai.spl~   ~override/SK#Wrai.spl~
  SAY NAME1 ~Drain~
  SAY NAME2 ~Drain~

COPY ~Neh'taniel/Abilities/SK#Fade.spl~   ~override/SK#Fade.spl~
  SAY NAME1 ~Fade~
  SAY NAME2 ~Fade~

COPY ~Neh'taniel/Abilities/SK#Bird.spl~   ~override/SK#Bird.spl~
  SAY NAME1 ~Bird~
  SAY NAME2 ~Bird~

COPY ~Neh'taniel/Abilities/SK#Neht.spl~   ~override/SK#Neht.spl~
  SAY NAME1 ~Neh'taniel~
  SAY NAME2 ~Neh'taniel~
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod
Calin NPC Mod - In Progress
Navarra NPC Mod  - In Progress

Offline berelinde

• Global Moderator
  • Level 3
    • View Profile
Re: Need some kit/cre help please
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 11:02:11 AM »
OK, thinking about this some more. Once you've got a kit in the game, I think it's pretty much set. So you aren't going to be able to make on-the-fly in-game changes to the kit. But you *can* make up another kit, including only the features that you want to include. It will be a complete new kit, as far as the game is concened.

1 Make a whole new kit. Give it whatever features and spells you want. Leave off the features you don't want. Install it with the tp2.
2 Make a whole new CRE. Assign it the kit you just made.
3 Forget about adding spells/removing abilities from old CREs or kits or selectively assigning or removing either. No already existing CREs will be affected by the changes you made.

Of course, I still can't tell you how to make a kit because I've never tried it, but there's a tutorial at G3. I hear it's good.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 11:41:04 AM by berelinde »

Offline Jarno Mikkola

• View Profile
Re: Need some kit/cre help please
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 02:42:59 AM »
Hmm, the question first comes, do you wish to make a new kit, as adding abilities can be done is a million ways... depending totally on what's been tried to be archived.
What specific .cre do you wish to add them to(is it the possible PC, NPC, enemy)? And what are the other requirements? How many times? When? etc.

A custom kit is easy way to make it to the NPC if you have the spells, as you just add it to the custom made .2da file like this, the name can be anything, but I suggest to use SK#kit1.2da for example. The next thing you need is the .tp2 code to include the kit into the game, this following should help as it comes with instructions:
Code: [Select]
//Adding the Kit and it's reference name
ADD_KIT ~Crusader~
/* this line is appened to CLASWEAP.2DA */
~Crusader                 1           1           1           1           1           1           1           1~
~Crusader        0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 2 2 2 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0~
/* this line is appened to ABCLASRQ.2DA */
~Crusader                3       3       3       3       3      3~
/* this line is appened to ABCLSMOD.2DA */
~Crusader                0       0       0       0       0       0~
/* this line is appened to ABDCDSRQ.2DA */
/* this line is appened to ABDCSCRQ.2DA */
/* this line is appened to ALIGNMNT.2DA */
~Crusader            1                0                1                1                0                1                1                0                1~
/* this line goes to DUALCLAS.2DA */
~Crusader                1       0      1        1       0       1~

/* this is the name of your abilities 2DA file, in the style of clabrn02.2da */
~Neh'taniel/SK#kit1.2da~

/* These are the 2da files listed in KITTABLE.2DA that you want your kit to be a part of. List as many as you like. */
~K_C_H K_C_D K_C_G K_C_E K_C_HE K_C_HL K_C_HO~

/* This is the "unusable" value you want for you kit and also the class value. These would normally appear at the end of KITLIST.2DA */
~0x02000000    3~

/* This is the High Level Ability Abbreviation (see LUABBR.2DA), normal values are Fi0, Pa0, etc. */
~Cl0~

/* This is the TOB starting equipment list. Put a * if you don't want something. See 25STWEAP.2DA. */
~* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *~

//name1
SAY ~Crusader~
//name2
SAY ~Crusader~
//The selection box and kit description in the game.
SAY ~Crusader:
~
It's originally made for a Crusader kit as you probably can guess... the kit is a cleric kit I am in the process of making... but I changed a few things...

To make the NPC use the kit, you have to copy the .cre file and set their kit as the "Crusader"/what ever your put to the identifier line, and you do that like this:
Code: [Select]
COPY ~.cre~ ~override/.cre~
 WRITE_BYTE 0x246 ~%Crusader%~
You do it this way, so if the game has more that one added kit the computer can read the Kit.ids file or what ever and still give the NPC the right kit instead of number 32 that was referring to Dragonslayer kit in the new game.