Author Topic: question  (Read 4604 times)

Offline drusilla520

• View Profile
    • Email
question
« on: October 14, 2009, 05:04:29 AM »
does Neh'taniel has a string fixer?
and after i defeated Bodhi, Neh'taniel didnt show up in the graveyard and if i try to rest my party then game crush so what should i do?

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: question
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 11:39:17 AM »
Did you wait a minute or two to see if he showed up? I've not had that happen to me. I'll look in to it as soon as I can.
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod
Calin NPC Mod - In Progress
Navarra NPC Mod  - In Progress

Offline Tarion

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 08:56:00 AM »
First of all I really like this mod and reading that there will be new content some day is awesome.
I have a problem with that part too. After facing and killing Bodhi with or without the help of Neh'taniels little friend I go back to the middle of the graveyard, sometimes something is happening sometime it is not. Going back to the crypt and to the surface again helps sometimes. Is she helping me against Bodhi, she won't show up at the surface afterwards, but is walking around in the crypt with a yellow circle not possible talking to her. Not helping me she shows up sometimes the first try sometimes after leaving an re-entering the area.
Another thing, the message with the hint where to find Neh'taniel is only created in my inventory when I face Bodhis lair without the help of that little friend telling her to go back to Neh'taniel. Not sure if that is working as intended?

Well, leaving the area an go there again I find Neh'taniel and his friend at the graveyard sooner or later, but still I'm not sure if I'm not missing something because it looks like there should be a confrontation or interaction between Neh'taniel and his friend (the hint with those arguing voices, the cut scenes after Neh'taniel leaving the group at the exit of the underdark).
But coming next to them I see both just standing there, Neh'taniel is acting like he wants to do something as soon he is in my sight but then every action is stopped and both characters are just standing side by side. Talking to that little friend is not possible, talking to Neh'taniel is triggering the dialogue that is triggered when Neh'taniel is kicked out of the group. Telling him to wait at the graveyard and picking him up again by another talk is possible but afterwards I can't talk to him, asking Relic only brings the answer to talk to Neh'taniel for further answers. As soon I enter a dungeon with him he repeats his warning about the underdark.
I already tried to reinstall, uninstall, install again, reload, play the whole exit underdark to graveyard part again but there is still nothing happening. The mod version used is 2.75 and it is the only mod installed, except of the official patch and the G3 fix pack. A clean install of BG2+ToB without the fix pack only resulted in a game crash or freeze of the loading screen when the cut scene after Neh'taniel leaving should take place

So finally I picked Neh'taniel up again and went for Irenicus in Suldanessalar, resting at the entrance the talk about his final task takes place, but again from entering the city, fighting the enemies until going down to hell and the SoA final fight against Irenicus nothing else happens, as if there is no "ending" to Neh'taniel.
So there is my question am I missing important scenes or is this exactly working as intended?

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 09:30:28 AM »
As far as an ending goes,  Neht leaves in hell after a talk with the PC and right before Irenicus dies. There is no more SOA content at that point and will be continued, eventually, in TOB. The 2.75 version is bug free and shouldn't have these issues you are telling me about.  I do apologize for the delay in responding, work has been crazy lately. And on top of that, I am trying to finish up the friendship track in hopes of releasing it soon. I really don't know what could be causing the mod to not work correctly in that area. I played it thru it myself after reading the first post and did not have those issues.  I'm going over the coding however, and will do another play through. I really am stumped about this but I'll do my best to try and correct the issue as soon as possible.

Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod

Offline Tarion

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 05:19:51 AM »
Thank you for the answer, no need to apologize for any delay, there are more important things than hunting strange bugs in a mod.
Since you don't know at once that this is due to file bla.blub, line x and there were no problems like this playing that part by yourself or anyone else before, the error does not have to be in the mod. If there ist no error with Neh'taniel the only other suspect is the G3 fixpack. Searching for general problems with fixpacks Google tells me that there are different types, those 'static' ones only changing values and 'dynamic' ones also changing the interface. I'm not sure wether the G3 fix is static or dynamic but I'll try others next weekend and report the results here.
I'll do another try with a clean install too, saving any error message that may occur.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 05:23:54 AM by Tarion »

Offline kitanna

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 02:01:55 PM »
try this

replace this line in the TP2

COPY ~Neh'taniel\Creature\SK#Sarie.cre~ ~override\SK#Sarie.cre~
  SAY NAME1 ~Sarie~
  SAY NAME2 ~Sarie~

with this one

COPY ~Neh'taniel\Creature\SK#Sarie.cre~ ~override\SK#Sarie.cre~
  SAY NAME1 ~Sarie~
  SAY NAME2 ~Sarie~
 WRITE_ASCII 0x248 ~SK#Sar~ #8 // assign override script
 WRITE_ASCII 0x2cc ~SK#Sar~ #8 // assign pre-joining dialogue file
  WRITE_ASCII 0x280 ~SK#Sarie~ #32 // assign DV
  WRITE_ASCII 0x34  ~sk#Sarie~ #8     // assign small portrait

If it doesn't work, please send me your wiedu log :)
Sir Neh'taniel  NPC Mod