Author Topic: Rylorn - has nothing to say to you  (Read 9276 times)

Offline Moongaze

• Level 3
    • View Profile
Rylorn - has nothing to say to you
« on: August 19, 2008, 03:20:13 AM »
Hoping this mod were fixed, I decided to give it a go.
Entered the monastery, where Jovi-something approaches my party, but he "has nothing to say".
I walk on, find Rylorn, talk to him... "Rylorn has nothing to say to you."

Dead end. -.-
Can anyone reproduce these results?
I'm pretty sure my install had no typically incompatible mods. I do read the readme's provided with mods, and take care to prevent incompatibilities.

I don't know much about new areas. The creatures spawned, but it seems like their scripts weren't assigned (properly or at all). I understand the author is busy with other things, but was this mod thoroughly tested before release? I'm beginning to think it wasn't. :-\ I'm quite discouraged from playing this mod until I'm confident everything works as it should. If it messed up before, and again now, it's likely to mess up at a later stage as well. :( No disrespect meant.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 06:55:32 AM by Moongaze II »

Offline Whiskey Bob

• View Profile
Re: Rylorn - has nothing to say to you
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 12:02:05 PM »
Rylorn had nothing to say very likely because you did not speak with Riolus first.

Offline Moongaze

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 11:34:26 PM »
The only person who I could talk to was the guard out front (of the Dark Monastery). The rest of the dialogues didn't fire and didn't work.

Offline Moongaze

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 04:50:33 AM »
I tried again with a clean install featuring only Rylorn NPC.
Indeed, speaking to Riolus helped. Rylorn can join my party.

However, the same lack of dialogues (e.g "has nothing to say to you) exists. Perhaps it's an idea to include a few dialogues for when you talk to, say, Rylorn without having spoken to Riolus. It looks a lot better to have him say something along the lines of "Speak to Riolus first", than having him be silent like that...it confused me into believing it was a bug, or an incompatibilty with another mod.

Secondly, Jovius or whatever his name is... the blackguard who approaches your party when you first enter the monastery, he keeps following my team without saying anything. Seeing that my characters keep turning to face him, I'm guessing Jo wants to start a conversation, but can't for some reason.

In any case, thanks.

Offline Cal Jones

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 03:08:02 PM »
Hey there. Playing with Rylorn for the first time. There aren't enough evil mod NPCs out there so it was nice to find this one.
I haven't had any problems with the monastry loading but I did notice Jovius ran after my party but said nothing, so not sure what the problem is there.
Rylorn's working fine so far though he's rather the strong and silent type - he's not had much to say as yet but I'm enjoying him. I usually play a more neutral character with a balanced party but thought it would be fun to play an all evil party for once. So far so good! (I felt a bit bad about having to kill Keldorn in the sewers though - he had a red circle when I found him there. Guess he knew we'd wiped out the rest of the paladins!)