Author Topic: SPOILERS: A Taste of NPC Interaction  (Read 5860 times)

Offline Dellaster

• Level 1
    • View Profile
SPOILERS: A Taste of NPC Interaction
« on: April 22, 2005, 12:24:47 AM »
I don't have a lot written yet, and I never intended to post many banter/interjection spoilers, but I decided there's no great harm in posting one every so often.

I coded and tested this one earlier this evening. It's an interjection and banter combo with Salvanas in the Copper Coronet. The one who has come-on lines for every female character. If you usually have your NPCs talk to him, and you don't want Adenydd's talk spoiled, STOP READING NOW.

I'm always a little disappointed when my male PC has to stand idly by while Salvanas does his insulting come-ons with my female NPCs. Especially the romance NPCs. So it was gratifying to write this little bit.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
A
L
E
R
T
-----------------------------------

Salvanas (to Adenydd) - "Oh, my, what have I been served? The most delightful dish my eyes have ever seen. A luscious banquet with a mouth-watering elven spicing. Oh, yes!
= "Come to my room, my dear, that I may feast on your loveliness. Let my tongue taste your delicate flesh. Allow my passion to devour --"

Minsc - "Minsc will not stand for this outrage! Prepare your buttocks for the heavy boot of retribution, little man!"

Salvanas - "Back off you brute! Ahhhh! Somebody help me!"

Salvanas runs, Minsc chases, until Salvanas escapes out the door*. Minsc walks back to Adenydd.

Adenydd - "That was very gallant of you, Minsc."

Minsc - "The slimy weasel moved too fast for Minsc to deliver the righteous butt-kicking he deserved, but Boo got in a bite! The man will think twice -- no, three times! -- before bothering another pretty ranger girl."

Adenydd - "I could've handled him myself ... but it feels nice to have someone care enough to do it for me. I can't remember the last time that's happened.
= "And it's not just that. Being near you, and Boo of course, is very soothing for me. It makes me feel good."

Minsc - "Boo says we must then strive to stay close so you always feel this goodness."

Adenydd - "I'd like that, Minsc."

-----------------------------------
* Or if you have them blocked off with your other characters, they just struggle in place until Salvanas goes poof. Nothing I can do about that, alas.  :cry:

There are two other versions: one for later on in the Aden-Minsc relationship and another for when Minsc isn't in the party. Adenydd has her own way of handling Salvanas. ;-)

Oh, if anyone knows of another mod that uses Salvanas for something more than the come-ons, please let me know so I can change mine to a non-destructive version. Thank you.
 Adenydd NPC - In Progress
"The face I have is the face the ladies love!  Boo loves Minsc's face, too.  Don't you Boo?" - Minsc (BioWare)

Offline Isaac

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 03:46:23 AM »
poor salvanas  :lol:
Isaac - Lilly's apprentice in Silliness

Offline Dragon Lord

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 04:17:38 AM »
With Silver Star, you can let her "play" with Salvanas (he dies real quick and doesn't come back)
I grow tired of shouting battle cries when fighting this mage. Boo will finish his eyeballs once and for all, so he does not rise again! Evil, meet my sword! SWORD, MEET EVIL!!
                                                       -Minsc

Sometimes, people are said to have a Dragon inside. For Drake, it's true.

My Weird Songs
My MySpace

Offline Dellaster

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 09:56:44 AM »
Quote from: "Isaac"
poor salvanas  :lol:

My heart bleeds for him. ;-)

Quote from: "Dragon Lord"
With Silver Star, you can let her "play" with Salvanas (he dies real quick and doesn't come back)

Thanks Dragon Lord. I checked and she's evil, so it's unlikely they'd ever be in the same party. If they should happen to be together during Adenydd's one-day warning period, with Minsc as well (I only get rid of Salvanas with Minsc), the player can have the choice of which path to take.
"The face I have is the face the ladies love!  Boo loves Minsc's face, too.  Don't you Boo?" - Minsc (BioWare)

Offline Fantasy

• Level 2
    • ICQ Messenger - 199348340
    • View Profile
    • barbie gateste
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 03:57:04 AM »
That's a nice idea indeed. :D And you gave Minsc a wonderful response. :D
I am.

Perhaps I should not, but that is not for you to decide.

"And yet I walk and talk, even smile..." - Lle caela diolooamin.

Everything and nothing... I wish it wasn't so true.

Narbondel Reborn

Offline Dellaster

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 08:31:46 AM »
Quote from: "Fantasy"
That's a nice idea indeed. :D And you gave Minsc a wonderful response. :D

It's seemed the Minsc sort of thing to do. I will never understand why BioWare had him and the rest of the party just stand there while Salvanas does his bit. Surely Minsc would react if it was Aerie after she had become his witch?