Author Topic: Shy's FAQ  (Read 4732 times)

Offline MajorTomSawyer

• Retired
  • Level 2
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Nerds Я Us
Shy's FAQ
« on: November 20, 2007, 03:15:01 PM »
Q - Who is the staff working on this mod.
A - MajorTomSawyer and sistersinister (against her will most of the time).

Q - I saw this was originally created by CommandantHuckFinn, so what happened to him?
A - He was abducted by aliens in a plot by the governemt to monitor all of our thoughts by placing tracking nanites in amonia.

Q - Will this mod be in WeiDU?
A - Natually, why would anyone bother making a Non-WeiDU mod anymore?

Q - Will Shy be romanceable?
A - Not so much of a romance... but that remains to be seen.

Q - Will you please change her pic.
A - Maybe, I will say that no matter what, it will be the same model. I have my reasons.

Q - Ok, fine, but why such an awful pic?
A - I was linked to her page at one model place by my long-time-ago ex, MistressXenobia (you can see her work in Baldur's Goth II Beta). She absolutely horrified me (the woman, not Xen).

Recently there has been alot of drama in the news about plastic surgery. They keep showing the 'Catwoman' (who also makes me want to puke). This made me think of the model.

I had been chatting with Kellen about the Half-Orc NPC he had planned to make, and the horrible pic, the idea of a half-orc, and my warped sense of humor spawned Shy.

Q - Will she be abducted by Bodhi?
A - Spoilers are bad. I will say that if it does happen, she will not be made into a vampire with the same old quest as the Bioware NPCs.

Q - How wonderful is the author?
A - If you are talking in reguards to sistersinister, she is the best.

Q - Can I help?
A - Help is welcome, if you have seen my coding, you will see I need it. I have a request for .bams and a voice at SHS. Credit will be given in the readme as well. :)

Q - What fixpack should I use?
A - I do not know enough about modding to forsee any consquences by using certain ones. I will say I am building this mod with the official patch, and the G3 Fixpack with the "Happy Fun Modder Pack" component installed (ok almost everything but the beta fixes). So if you run into bugs by using one of the other ones, I will try to help, but remember my modding experience is limited.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 02:21:49 AM by MajorTomSawyer »
"A good pipe and tobacco will allow you to endure fools, boobs, nitwits, most bosses, angry spouses, (well, maybe not angry spouses), incompetents, slings and arrows, broadsides and people who cut in front of you after you've waited 15 minutes in highway construction zones, and most of life's little problems." - Ted's Pipe Shop

Webmaster of Gaming Nerds Я Us.

Offline MajorTomSawyer

• Retired
  • Level 2
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Nerds Я Us
Important Update to any mod made by MTS
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 03:40:58 PM »
Heh, almost forgot to post this one.

I guess I fogot because I took steps to ensure Shy could not be installed after IA, but then other then posting things like this I can not do anything to stop Shy from being installed before IA.

Quote from: MajorTomSawyer
Please do not install any mod I have made with Improved Anvil (or anything else by sikret).

With the way his mods tend to overwrite (he makes mods with weidu that install the same way IAP mods install), this could lead to issues.

I will not support any bugs or issues caused by this.
"A good pipe and tobacco will allow you to endure fools, boobs, nitwits, most bosses, angry spouses, (well, maybe not angry spouses), incompetents, slings and arrows, broadsides and people who cut in front of you after you've waited 15 minutes in highway construction zones, and most of life's little problems." - Ted's Pipe Shop

Webmaster of Gaming Nerds Я Us.