Author Topic: Beginning Otho's Nephew Quest  (Read 22361 times)

Offline evilpiggie

• View Profile
Beginning Otho's Nephew Quest
« on: October 30, 2007, 01:41:57 PM »
I finished the citadel, returned the baby and got my reward. However, I haven't been summoned to the Thunder Hammer Smithy yet, and if I go there, Otho only tells me to go out and bash some heads, or something to that effect. Is some time supposed to pass before this happens, or have I missed something which I must complete first? Any useful info would be greatly appreciated. I would like to finish the mod before going to Baldur's Gate to get chased around by the Flaming Fist.

Offline Red Carnelian

• Global Moderator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • The Stone of Askavar
Re: Beginning Otho's Nephew Quest
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 12:17:50 PM »
Otho should be outside near the Jovial Juggler once you have returned the baby.
Little is known of Nirel, a powerful cleric who could resist the spells of his enemies. However, history does record that he was a vile zealot whose hatred for followers of other faiths knew almost no bounds. It is said that he kept the heads of his victims as trophies and was personally responsible for defiling over one hundred temples of other faiths. In the centuries since, his mace has appeared in the hands of evil clerics across the Realms.

Offline evilpiggie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 04:02:07 AM »
Thanks for the help, but I have returned the baby, and there are only commoners outside the Jovial Juggler. I'm starting to think this might have something to do with me having to do a re-install in the middle of the citadel quest. This is probably a lost cause for now. Maybe I'll play through the game again later , but for now I think I'll just finish the game without doing the Otho's nephew quest.

Great mod anyway. Good quests and areas and npcs. Thorfinn and Jet Li are now permanent members of my party. Gotta say though, the instant mass undead respawn in the Citadel did get quite annoying at times. Oh yes, and the conclusion to the dragon quest was a bit of an anti-climax as well. I let that halfling guy joined, stole his arrows and kicked him out again. The dragon got killed on the first arrow fired. The battle's duration was literally just a fraction of a second. Thanks for the time put into making this mod. For me, the Baldur's Gate series is the pinnacle of computer RPG's. I'd buy endless expansions of these games rather than the new RPG's they have.

Offline Red Carnelian

• Global Moderator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • The Stone of Askavar
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 04:30:38 PM »
Bardo's arrows of Dragon slaying have a 3% chance of slaying the dragon. First time I have heard of it well done.
Little is known of Nirel, a powerful cleric who could resist the spells of his enemies. However, history does record that he was a vile zealot whose hatred for followers of other faiths knew almost no bounds. It is said that he kept the heads of his victims as trophies and was personally responsible for defiling over one hundred temples of other faiths. In the centuries since, his mace has appeared in the hands of evil clerics across the Realms.

Offline evilpiggie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 07:11:05 AM »
Sorry to revive an old thread but I'm currently in the process of playing through dark side again, and again I had the problem of not being able to start the Otho's nephew quest. This is despite playing on a different computer. I don't know what the problem is, but it is fixable through the cheats console. So, if anyone else has the same problem, just type CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("otho2") in the cheats console and Otho will appear and give you the quest.