Author Topic: FriendTalk Acceleration: How fast is fast enough?  (Read 12451 times)

Offline Dellaster

• Level 1
    • View Profile
FriendTalk Acceleration: How fast is fast enough?
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2005, 11:28:36 AM »
At a guess I'd say BioWare did it that way partly to maintain a mood, but mostly because if banters and love talks fired everywhere they'd have to write many many times more of them. As it is I can't recall ever getting any BioWare banters after the Underdark in my games (I pause a lot). The BioWare romances would be over in Chapter 2, for me, if they continued in dungeons. Except Jaheira's, of course, which has a monsterously long real-time requirement (something like a week?).
 Adenydd NPC - In Progress
"The face I have is the face the ladies love!  Boo loves Minsc's face, too.  Don't you Boo?" - Minsc (BioWare)

Offline jastey

• View Profile
FriendTalk Acceleration: How fast is fast enough?
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2005, 05:12:30 AM »
To the possibility of accelerating the talks: Don't make it too soon, or all talks are over in Chapter 2 (I am talking out of my own experience, Weimer's Solaufein offers the possibility of initiate all LTs right away and I was so curious I clicked them all through right after he joined the party... Which made the actual playing afterwards (after reloading) a bit boring.). 20 minutes should be OK, though. It forces you to concentrate on other things in the meantime. :-D

What I think is a brilliant idea of yours is the fact that the player can initiate a NPC-driven talk. That is a cool idea, as it gives the possibility for the player to have the talk in a situation where he/she is ready to pause and read dialogue text. Should be liked by those who complain that most NPC start talking regardless of the situation the party is in atm.