Author Topic: Setup difficulties  (Read 7315 times)

Offline Lord Ernie

• Level 1
    • MSN Messenger - Ask for it
    • View Profile
Setup difficulties
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2005, 10:02:16 AM »
You should take some extra classes on sarcasm, kid. It looks like you haven't got the grips of it yet. While you're at it, take some extra on parsing errors as well.

When WeiDU parses a file (like SETUP-FADE.TP2, here, for example), and it doesn't find a certain required string (like @1, here, for example), WeiDU gives the error "Not_found". It means that, in this example, WeiDU doesn't find the string @1 inside SETUP-FADE.TP2. The file is there.

No, it means that, in this example, WeiDU can't find the file .\Fade\English\Setup-Fade.tra, which is where the string @1 can be found; this can be found in the Language option of the Setup-Fade.tp2 file.

Offline teak

• View Profile
Setup difficulties
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2005, 10:13:16 AM »
Quote from: "Lord Ernie"
You should take some extra classes on sarcasm, kid. It looks like you haven't got the grips of it yet.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

When WeiDU parses a file (like SETUP-FADE.TP2, here, for example), and it doesn't find a certain required string (like @1, here, for example), WeiDU gives the error "Not_found". It means that, in this example, WeiDU doesn't find the string @1 inside SETUP-FADE.TP2. The file is there.

No, it means that, in this example, WeiDU can't find the file .\Fade\English\Setup-Fade.tra, which is where the string @1 can be found; this can be found in the Language option op the Setup-Fade.tp2 file.

Dang, sorry, but I can't buy that. I might have phrased myself badly, but I'm still right. It means that the reference to the string @1 can't be found. Even if the .tra-file is there, WeiDU doesn't find the appropriate string. So, I think you better go look up parse errors instead.

String != file. In this case, WeiDU doesn't find the string.
I PWN.

Offline Lord Ernie

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Setup difficulties
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2005, 10:38:46 AM »
Well... we're both right, in that case. If WeiDU can't find the string, it can't find the file, either, or the file itself is bad. Which means reinstalling the mod, and if that doesn't help, redownloading it is not such a bad idea after all.

Anyway, I've had it with this little discussion.

Offline teak

• View Profile
Setup difficulties
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2005, 10:50:16 AM »
Well... we're both right, in that case. If WeiDU can't find the string, it can't find the file, either, or the file itself is bad. Which means reinstalling the mod, and if that doesn't help, redownloading it is not such a bad idea after all.

Well, why it can't find the string isn't my problem, it might depend on a bad file or whatever. That's rather besides the point; I'm just telling you what WeiDU is telling me.
I PWN.

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • http://mistresselysia.deviantart.com/
Setup difficulties
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2005, 04:54:16 PM »
I'm nipping this in the bud now because this is my forum.

I have never, ever come in here and seen animosity like this here before. And I do NOT like it. So I am making it quite, quite clear - this ends right here. No arguements.

Goodnight and thank you.

Elysia

Offline Raven

• Miriam's sane half
  • Administrator
  • Level 5
  • Like Awesome!
    • View Profile
    • Vampire Tales
Setup difficulties
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2005, 05:06:42 PM »
@Teak Welcome to CoM. Read the rules in the Global Announcement that is located in every forum. You very first post is rather inflammatory.  Be civil.
Per me si va nella citta dolente.
Per me si va nell eterno dolore.
Per me si va tra la perduta gente...
Lasciate ogni speranza perduta che'entrate!

Offline Lord Ernie

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Setup difficulties
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2005, 05:33:26 PM »
Quote from: "Mistress Elysia"
I have never, ever come in here and seen animosity like this here before. And I do NOT like it. So I am making it quite, quite clear - this ends right here. No arguements.

Animosity? Sorry, Elysia, I was trying to keep myself in check. I can stand a sarcastic remark about myself or whatever  I posted, but when you're only trying to help people (like you were), people shouldn't go and be smart about it. There's a fine line between being blunt and blatantly rude.

Offline teak

• View Profile
Setup difficulties
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2005, 03:02:59 PM »
Quote from: "Mistress Elysia"
I'm nipping this in the bud now because this is my forum.

Goodnight and thank you.

Elysia

*arguments

I'm sorry for being helpful.

Good night to you too.

Quote from: "Blood Raven"
@Teak Welcome to CoM. Read the rules in the Global Announcement that is located in every forum. You very first post is rather inflammatory. Be civil.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm actually a returner - I was at the old CoM-forums too.

I've read the announcement. I acknowledge no violations from my side.

I am civil.

I can stand a sarcastic remark about myself or whatever I posted, but when you're only trying to help people (like you were), people shouldn't go and be smart about it.

Thank you. That was my intention - to help.
I PWN.

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • http://mistresselysia.deviantart.com/
Setup difficulties
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2005, 12:03:57 AM »
Helping is fine. I don't condemn that. I just don't expect nor tolerate attitude from *anyone* in my forum - it is simple as that. As long as things stay civil, whoever the poster is, it's all right by me. However, I do not consider trying to provoke people at all civil, so everyone - and I mean EVERYONE - can stop that now. I don't delete posts; I don't agree with that. But I do think that everyone is entitled to feel comfortable when they come here, and that includes me! Coming back at 1am on Sunday morning feeling very tired and very happy after going to my friends wedding and then reading all that... It's not on, people. Okay? My forum, my rules. I'm not unreasonable, so it's not hard to follow.

Off to work now! I wonder what those little darlings have in store for me today... :rolleyes:

:-D
Elysia
xx