Author Topic: Setup difficulties  (Read 7429 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Attalus

  • Level 1
  • *
  • Posts: 254
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Gender: Male
    • MSN Messenger - viconiaslover
    • View Profile
Setup difficulties
« on: April 19, 2005, 11:04:51 AM »
I'm having trouble setting up Fade.  I keep getting an error message.  Should I re-download?
"I do love thee for all the qualities that make thee -- thou."  - Saerileth


"And you are here with me, now; you are the rock that saved me." - Aribeth de Tylmarande

"It's Attalus and Imoen, now.  We are one.  C'mon, let's go get our soul back."  - Imoen

Offline Mistress Elysia

  • Level 3
  • ***
  • Posts: 1185
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Gender: Female
    • View Profile
    • http://mistresselysia.deviantart.com/
Setup difficulties
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 11:14:35 AM »
Ooooh.. ummm, thats not good. First - what is the error? It could just be a crappy download (it happens sometimes... no -ones fault, just one of those things!)

She needs ToB, the official patch and the baldurdash patch for maximum efficiency (as per most mods). She also has a patch, but this just fixes a stutter bug. I've never come across an installation error myself (apart from the time I got cocky and dropped her in the wrong folder... :rolleyes: ) - it should just be the standard WeiDu black screen thingie.

Let me know if it keeps happening!

Offline Midia Eveill

  • Level 1
  • *
  • Posts: 201
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Gender: Female
    • View Profile
Setup difficulties
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 01:39:49 PM »
I was just wondering something, does the improved guarded compound tweak interfere with rescueing Fade? I went to the second level, killed the baddies, walked down to the door where dude is that's holding her and then got a completely new, blue screen that said something like "Error, please insert disk one". I couldn't do anything and wound up rebooting. Then I tried again and things were fine...
I am the Phantom Nagger What Nags at Midnight! Fear me!

Offline Attalus

  • Level 1
  • *
  • Posts: 254
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Gender: Male
    • MSN Messenger - viconiaslover
    • View Profile
Setup difficulties
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 05:01:58 PM »
Quote from: "Mistress Elysia"
Ooooh.. ummm, thats not good. First - what is the error? It could just be a crappy download (it happens sometimes... no -ones fault, just one of those things!)

She needs ToB, the official patch and the baldurdash patch for maximum efficiency (as per most mods). She also has a patch, but this just fixes a stutter bug. I've never come across an installation error myself (apart from the time I got cocky and dropped her in the wrong folder... :rolleyes: ) - it should just be the standard WeiDu black screen thingie.

Let me know if it keeps happening!


ERROR: no translation for @1

ERROR: Problem parsing  TP file [SETUP-FADE.TP2]: Not_found

FATAL ERROR: Not_found

Press ENTER to exit
"I do love thee for all the qualities that make thee -- thou."  - Saerileth


"And you are here with me, now; you are the rock that saved me." - Aribeth de Tylmarande

"It's Attalus and Imoen, now.  We are one.  C'mon, let's go get our soul back."  - Imoen

Offline Mistress Elysia

  • Level 3
  • ***
  • Posts: 1185
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Gender: Female
    • View Profile
    • http://mistresselysia.deviantart.com/
Setup difficulties
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 12:02:25 AM »
Hmmm - if its a parse error, its not the mod per se. It could be the download, or something is conflicting. I know someone else got a parse error because they didn't have ToB installed (and this mod needs ToB). I'll dowload the file myself tonight (I have to go to work now!) and see how it behaves with me. In the mean time, I recommend ditching your current download and dowloading it again, just to see if it was an unfortunate random glitch.  :)

Offline Lord Ernie

  • Level 1
  • *
  • Posts: 472
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Gender: Male
    • MSN Messenger - Ask for it
    • View Profile
Setup difficulties
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 01:07:42 AM »
Yes, I'd say this is a bad download or bad unpack. Without the tp2 file, there isn't much to install, is there? Check if you have the Setup-Fade.tp2 in your BG2 directory. If you don't, check if it's in the downloaded file. Otherwise, redownload.

Offline Attalus

  • Level 1
  • *
  • Posts: 254
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Gender: Male
    • MSN Messenger - viconiaslover
    • View Profile
Setup difficulties
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 08:31:29 PM »
Quote from: "Lord Ernie"
Yes, I'd say this is a bad download or bad unpack. Without the tp2 file, there isn't much to install, is there? Check if you have the Setup-Fade.tp2 in your BG2 directory. If you don't, check if it's in the downloaded file. Otherwise, redownload.
Thanks, will do!
"I do love thee for all the qualities that make thee -- thou."  - Saerileth


"And you are here with me, now; you are the rock that saved me." - Aribeth de Tylmarande

"It's Attalus and Imoen, now.  We are one.  C'mon, let's go get our soul back."  - Imoen

Offline Attalus

  • Level 1
  • *
  • Posts: 254
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Gender: Male
    • MSN Messenger - viconiaslover
    • View Profile
Setup difficulties
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2005, 08:33:47 PM »
I've got it, but it won't let me open it. What now? :(
"I do love thee for all the qualities that make thee -- thou."  - Saerileth


"And you are here with me, now; you are the rock that saved me." - Aribeth de Tylmarande

"It's Attalus and Imoen, now.  We are one.  C'mon, let's go get our soul back."  - Imoen

Offline Lord Kain

  • Level 3
  • ***
  • Posts: 1095
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/12483/
    • Email
Setup difficulties
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2005, 09:49:07 PM »
its like this mod is out to get you isn't it?
"Who--who are you?"
"Who? Who is but the form following the function of what... and what I am is a man in a mask."
"I can see that"
"Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking on the paradox of asking a masked man who he is."

Offline Mistress Elysia

  • Level 3
  • ***
  • Posts: 1185
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Gender: Female
    • View Profile
    • http://mistresselysia.deviantart.com/
Setup difficulties
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2005, 11:48:47 PM »
Did you re-download it? This definitely sounds like there was an error during download - it can't be the mod or everyone would have the same problem.

Out of interest (and just in case!) what other mods / patches do you have installed?

Offline teak

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 38
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Setup difficulties
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2005, 08:55:14 AM »
Quote from: "Mistress Elysia"
Hmmm - if its a parse error, its not the mod per se. It could be the download, or something is conflicting. I know someone else got a parse error because they didn't have ToB installed (and this mod needs ToB). I'll dowload the file myself tonight (I have to go to work now!) and see how it behaves with me. In the mean time, I recommend ditching your current download and dowloading it again, just to see if it was an unfortunate random glitch.  :)

Alright, here's the deal. The error message is blatantly obvious, it doesn't find the @1-string in the .tra (why do you traify a beta, anyway?). ToB's got nothing to do with it.

Quote from: "Lord Ernie"
Yes, I'd say this is a bad download or bad unpack. Without the tp2 file, there isn't much to install, is there? Check if you have the Setup-Fade.tp2 in your BG2 directory. If you don't, check if it's in the downloaded file. Otherwise, redownload.

You know, when WeiDU says "Problem parsing TP file [SETUP-FADE.TP2]", I'd say that's an indication that there is a tp2-file called SETUP-FADE, wouldn't you say?
I PWN.

Offline Kain

  • Level 1
  • *
  • Posts: 247
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Gender: Male
    • MSN Messenger - Gcarriglio@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Setup difficulties
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2005, 09:32:44 AM »
Quote
Alright, here's the deal. The error message is blatantly obvious, it doesn't find the @1-string in the .tra (why do you traify a beta, anyway?). ToB's got nothing to do with it.


well im sorry we obivously havent got your skills of insight, not everyone knows loads about parse errors


Quote
You know, when WeiDU says "Problem parsing TP file [SETUP-FADE.TP2]", I'd say that's an indication that there is a tp2-file called SETUP-FADE, wouldn't you say?


Sorry *mate* but its says ERROR: Problem parsing TP file [SETUP-FADE.TP2]: Not_found , meaning THE FILE ISNT THERE thus it cannot be found.
Narbondel:Fantasy Roleplaying Campaign

Dont forget to visit Narbondel's sister site Club Noir which can be found at Club Noir

Offline teak

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 38
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Setup difficulties
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2005, 09:44:02 AM »
Quote from: "Kain"
Sorry *mate* but its says ERROR: Problem parsing TP file [SETUP-FADE.TP2]: Not_found , meaning THE FILE ISNT THERE thus it cannot be found.

Ah, the sweet ignorance.

When WeiDU parses a file (like SETUP-FADE.TP2, here, for example), and it doesn't find a certain required string (like @1, here, for example), WeiDU gives the error "Not_found". It means that, in this example, WeiDU doesn't find the string @1 inside SETUP-FADE.TP2. The file is there.

Quote from: "Kain"
well im sorry we obivously havent got your skills of insight, not everyone knows loads about parse errors

Then don't argue with those who do.
I PWN.

Offline Kain

  • Level 1
  • *
  • Posts: 247
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Gender: Male
    • MSN Messenger - Gcarriglio@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Setup difficulties
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2005, 09:49:19 AM »
you may be right about the file but theres no need to rub it in peoples faces as you did so in your orignal post
Narbondel:Fantasy Roleplaying Campaign

Dont forget to visit Narbondel's sister site Club Noir which can be found at Club Noir

Offline teak

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 38
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Setup difficulties
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2005, 09:53:08 AM »
Quote from: "Kain"
you may be right about the file but theres no need to rub it in peoples faces as you did so in your orignal post

Right. Just after you don't try to argue with me and rub something in my face when I'm right. :)
I PWN.