Author Topic: Free stuff for you  (Read 11370 times)

Offline CamDawg

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - pcamagna
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gibberlings3.net/
Free stuff for you
« on: July 01, 2007, 12:29:24 PM »
I had greatly expanded the 'fix' component of the IWD Tweak Pack for the pending v5 release, but it would be much, much better to add it to this as it's a dedicated, stand-alone project. It's basically fixes for every error and warning message NI can throw out, plus whatever folks (mainly grogerson) have reported in the v5 update thread. It's all WeiDU, patch-riffic, etc., etc. I haven't gotten around to documenting the fixes yet (though I'd be perfectly happy walking you through any ambiguous/incomprehensible/plain silly) and it's yours if you want it. :)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 12:30:57 PM by CamDawg »
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

Offline Redrake

• God of Frustration
  • Level 4
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - remildragos
    • View Profile
    • A lawyerish website
    • Email
Re: Free stuff for you
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 03:41:59 PM »
I plan on making a weidu version of my mod in the following 2 months (and to fix some bugs which were sent to me), so I don't see why not. I used IWD tweaks, but most components were not fitted to my style of playing.
However, my mod works only with Grog's IWD fixes installed. I'm not sure if IWD tweaks includes those.
You can post here if you want, the fixes you've made and we'll see if we can add them to my fixpack.

Surrender or be squished!

Offline CamDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 04:04:56 PM »
To be honest, I didn't know Grog had a pack when I started this, so there's some overlap. IIRC, though, all of Grog's stuff is file overwrites whereas this is all patches. I'd especially check the sex/gender fixes I've made against Grog's--it seems like he made fewer, but was actually looking at the individual files whereas I did more but was not scrutinizing them as closely. I've got minor comments sprinkled throughout the code, but it's probably not enough to decode it all--as I said, it's a bit raw and undocumented. If you've got questions, just let me know. :)

edit: the post limit is preventing me from posting everything, so I've dropped it into a rar file. There's the main WeiDU tp2, three dialogue files to correct the dialogue errors, and a spare IDS file.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 04:12:10 PM by CamDawg »

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

Offline Redrake

• God of Frustration
  • Level 4
    • View Profile
    • A lawyerish website
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 04:49:26 PM »
Hmm, I didn't bothered with gender changes, because they are pretty much pointless in the game. I did made a few modifications to the cre files for various creatures to change their alignments. In the original game, many of them didn't had any alignment at all. Others are pretty hard-codded and get benefits from 2 directions. The shadowed monsters in Severed hand are the perfect example, since they count as both shadowed undead and their respective races.

Also I didn't checked the dialogue files, so that might be a good component to be added. Can you tell me more specific what dialogues are fixed?

Offline CamDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 05:26:04 PM »
I fixed ~50 or so dialogues that were reporting syntax errors, missing DVs, and other issues. For the fixes, I started by generating error lists using Near Infinity's tools and the G3 Debugging Suite and then fixed everything that was turned up. Then there were some extra fixes for bugs reported by visitors to the forums.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 05:32:28 PM by CamDawg »

Offline CamDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 05:56:31 PM »
Heh, forgot one last thing--the description for Incinerator is updated in the tp2 code, but I didn't provide the new string for it:

Code: [Select]
   @101 = ~Besides its superb craftsmanship, tiny runes of power can be seen etched all along the surface. It's obvious a lot of time and effort went into its creation and although not apparent at first, a slight blue glow can be seen emanating from the runes.

STATISTICS:

Damage:  2D4 +3
THAC0: +3
Damage type:  Slashing
Special:
  +15% Fire Resistance
  50% chance +1D8 fire damage
  10% chance target is Stunned
Weight: 10
Speed Factor: 8
Proficiency Type: Great Swords
Type:  1-handed
Not Usable By:
 Druid
 Cleric
 Mage
 Thief~

The current description does not mention that it provides fire resistance.

Offline Redrake

• God of Frustration
  • Level 4
    • View Profile
    • A lawyerish website
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 10:26:04 AM »
Interesting, I didn't noticed the Incinerator. I will add the new string and maybe even write a decent description to replace the common one. There are many IWD weapons that deserve a description and a story. So far I only wrote for 2 weapons.
I suppose I'll have to read the whole thread at G3 to get my up to date with the whole issues brought to you.

Offline CamDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 07:33:12 AM »
...and with BG2 Fixpack v4 out now, I can help you out with some documentation of this junk. Some of the issues in basic IWD were fixed by HoW, so if you look for these issues on a How/TotL game you may think I'm crazy. :) I also noticed that the files I posted were a bit old--some of the newer issues reported in that thread I've fixed but they aren't in those files. Once I find the new stuff I'll post it as well.

Files altered: rndtres.2da

The random treasure table had some references to non-existent items, resulting in the player failing to get an item from time to time.

Files altered: cleric1.bs

The Cleric Aggressive player script was compiled with a non-existent symbolic lookup, resulting in the block returning true if the character has any spells whatsoever. The practical result is that half of the script was essentially nuked and the character with it assigned would not behave as expected. The offending script block is False()'d.

Files altered: mage1.bs, mage2.bs, mage4.bs

Three of the player mage scripts have the same issue as the cleric1.bs script. By comparing them to their BG counterparts, we can confirm, in this case, that the missing spell is Larloch's Minor Drain.

Files altered: 4001lkl.bcs

Another symbolic lookup miscompile issue; this time with an enemy-ally reference. It effectively nulls the action. From the context of the block, these scripts are supposed to turn their creatures neutral here.

Files altered: 4003blst.bcs, eeeverar.bcs, eeevetpl.bcs, eepomsen.bcs, eftrolg.bcs, eftwnchk.bcs, ehhero1.bcs, ehhroth.bcs, kuarund1.bcs, state.ids, udnorlin.bcs
HoW files altered: 2004chef.bcs, 2100mirk.bcs, 4001lk.bcs, 4001ls1.bcs, 4001v9.bcs, 4003udlt.bcs, bcatkgob.bcs, bcatkskl.bcs, bchjol0.bcs, bchjol0.bcs, bcjorn.bcs, bcjorn.bcs, d2talon3.bcs, d2talon3.bcs, d2talon4.bcs, d2talon4.bcs, d4alb.bcs, d4cleric.bcs, d4fight1.bcs, d4hirit.bcs, d5girl.bcs, efdlgc.bcs, efdlgcc.bcs, efdlgf.bcs, efdlgfc.bcs, efdlgm.bcs, efdlgmc.bcs, efdlgpc.bcs, efdlgpcc.bcs, efdlgpf.bcs, efdlgpfc.bcs, efdlgpm.bcs, efdlgpmc.bcs, ehaccali.bcs, ehdamien.bcs, eheverar.bcs, idpbsprt.bcs, iljorn.bcs, iljornhl.bcs, ilsahep1.bcs, ilsahep1.bcs, ilsahhp1.bcs, ilsahp1.bcs, ilsahp1.bcs, ilsahp2.bcs, ilsahp2.bcs, ilsahup1.bcs, ilxactil.bcs, kphermit.bcs, kuarund.bcs, ldbeorn.bcs, lddrowcm.bcs, ldfeng2.bcs, ldfgntg.bcs, ldguell2.bcs, ldhark.bcs, ldilmad.bcs, ldmalvon.bcs, ldmarkth.bcs, ldperd.bcs, ldpoque1.bcs, ldrebsal.bcs, ldseth.bcs, ldshik.bcs, ldsimmal.bcs, ldtarnel.bcs, lwemmrh.bcs, lwhjolo.bcs, lwquin.bcs, lwshar1.bcs, lwshar1.bcs, lwshar2.bcs, lwshar2.bcs, lwshar3.bcs, lwshar3.bcs, lwwarew.bcs, scseer.bcs, shelfc1.bcs, shelfc1.bcs, shelfc2.bcs, shelfc2.bcs, shelfcs1.bcs, shelfcs1.bcs, shelfps1.bcs, shelfps1.bcs, shorcsh1.bcs, shorcsh1.bcs, shsevhl1.bcs, shshdsd1.bcs, shshdsd1.bcs, shshdwz1.bcs, shshdwz1.bcs, shshdwz2.bcs, shshdwz2.bcs, shshdwz3.bcs, shshdwz3.bcs, shshthl1.bcs, tgacold.bcs, tgverbd.bcs, udorogse.bcs, vslysan.bcs, wtguard.bcs, wtkontik.bcs
TotL files altered: cajshah1.bcs, cajshah3.bcs, cajshah4.bcs, cajshah5.bcs, duhero3.bcs, duhero5.bcs, dummtalk.bcs, efbstskl.bcs, keraksha.bcs, nelurmst.bcs, nwlurmst.bcs, secrie13.bcs, secrie2.bcs, selurmst.bcs, swlurmst.bcs

A very common error throughout BG/BG2, there are many, many broken Dead() checks for other creatures. It's typically a double issue: the checks read something like Dead("YSELF)"), which is presumably intended as Dead(Myself). However, since Dead() only accepts DVs and not object references, it's replaced with a custom StateCheck (it's added to states.ids) of StateCheck(Myself,STATE_REALLY_DEAD).

Files altered: 5001ls1.bcs, 5001ls2.bcs

Both of these scripts try to cast Hold Person, but were not properly checking to see if the creature running the script had the spell.

Files altered: ehdwfbox.bcs
HoW files altered: ilsahhp1.bcs, ilsahup1.bcs, lwkieran.bcs

These scripts had typos in their DV references.

Files altered: kutown2.bcs

This script was trying to open doors by specifying their coordinates, but OpenDoor only works with the door name.

Files altered: ldmarkth.bcs

A bad syntax error was preventing this script from using invisibility potions properly.

Files altered: ar3501.are, ar4005.are, ar6005.are, ar6006.are
HoW files altered: ar9400.are
TotL files altered: ar9714.are

These areas had traps that were already flagged as detected--meaning you could find them just by moving your cursor over them.

Files altered: ar4002.are, ar4004.are, ar6007.are, ar6009.are, ar6014.are
HoW files altered: ar9103.are

These areas have area scripts, but they were not actually assigned to their areas.

Files altered: ar5000.are

The squirrel in this area had a non-existent script assigned.

Files altered: ad1sklm.cre, ad2sklm.cre, ad2sklr.cre, ad2zomb.cre, ad3sklm.cre, ad3sklr.cre, ad3zomb.cre, ad4sklr.cre, ad4zomb.cre, ad5zomb.cre, as1bear.cre, as2cave.cre, as3polr.cre, bearbel.cre, bearblk.cre, bearcav.cre, bearpolr.cre, beetbomb.cre, beetbor.cre, beetfire.cre, beetle.cre, beetrhin.cre, berserk.cre, bknight.cre, bon8005.cre, bon8013.cre, bonegard.cre, bronsen.cre, carrionc.cre, chicken.cre, conlan.cre, cook.cre, custos.cre, deepgnun.cre, firedrak.cre, gelarith.cre, ghast.cre, ghost.cre, ghoul.cre, ghoul1.cre, ghoul2.cre, giantfg.cre, giantfn.cre, giantfro.cre, giantfs.cre, gisbomb.cre, gisborb.cre, gobehq1.cre, goboaxe.cre, gobobow.cre, goboeaxe.cre, goboebow.cre, gorg.cre, higharch.cre, highbapt.cre, highritu.cre, highsumm.cre, hightort.cre, invissal.cre, invistrl.cre, joril.cre, kaorog.cre, kaoroge.cre, kerish.cre, ktghl1.cre, ktgst1.cre, ktmum1.cre, ktsk1.cre, ktska1.cre, ktska2.cre, ktska3.cre, ktskh1.cre, ktskh2.cre, ktskh3.cre, ktsks1.cre, ktskt1.cre, ktskt2.cre, ktsmg2.cre, kttas1.cre, kttas2.cre, kttas3.cre, kttga1.cre, kttga2.cre, kttga3.cre, kttgm1.cre, kttgm3.cre, ktwgt1.cre, ktwgti1.cre, ktzom1.cre, ktzomj.cre, kubear.cre, kuyeti.cre, larrel2.cre, lehland.cre, lghast.cre, lghoul.cre, lizdead.cre, lm1hwax.cre, lm1hwaxy.cre, lm1hwms.cre, lm1hwmsy.cre, lm1hwpo.cre, lm1hwpoy.cre, lskarmms.cre, lskarmsw.cre, lwight.cre, lysanbar.cre, lzombie.cre, lzombiej.cre, manticor.cre, mbbr.cre, mbrh.cre, mcar.cre, mcs1.cre, mgh2.cre, mgha.cre, mgo1.cre, mgo2.cre, mgo3.cre, mgo4.cre, mgo5.cre, min8013.cre, minotaub.cre, minotaur.cre, mmum.cre, mor1.cre, mor2.cre, mor3.cre, mor4.cre, mor5.cre, mordeswd.cre, ms1fb.cre, ms1goba.cre, ms1gobm.cre, ms2bbtl.cre, ms2gobb.cre, ms2gobe.cre, ms3borb.cre, ms3ghl.cre, ms3hspi.cre, ms3orog.cre, ms4ghst.cre, ms4yeti.cre, ms5gspi.cre, ms5jzom.cre, ms5mino.cre, ms5verb.cre, ms6crwl.cre, ms6pspi.cre, ms6salc.cre, ms6trol.cre, ms6yuan.cre, ms7bgrd.cre, ms7mumy.cre, ms7umbh.cre, msk1.cre, mskb.cre, msmcrwl.cre, msmpspi.cre, msmsalc.cre, msmyuan.cre, mtsn.cre, mummy.cre, mwig.cre, myrkuls.cre, mytos.cre, mzo2.cre, neoorog.cre, neoorogc.cre, neooroge.cre, neoorogg.cre, neoorogs.cre, orc2004.cre, orca2004.cre, orcewaxe.cre, orcewbow.cre, orcsham.cre, orcwaxe.cre, orcwbow.cre, poquelin.cre, psborbtl.cre, psmino.cre, pstroll.cre, psumbh.cre, rdecwig.cre, rdeliza.cre, rdespiw.cre, rdeyuane.cre, rktskelm.cre, rktskelr.cre, rkttguam.cre, rldumbh.cre, rocorca.cre, rtfgverb.cre, rudorog.cre, rudoroge.cre, rvsyeti.cre, rwtsalf.cre, rwtwwolf.cre, saablic.cre, sal8013.cre, salamanf.cre, sdgobax3.cre, sdgobtrn.cre, sdorcshm.cre, shadow.cre, shadowb.cre, shadsoul.cre, shrieker.cre, shskltat.cre, skarmax.cre, skarmms.cre, skarmsw.cre, skelarm.cre, skelblad.cre, skelblst.cre, skelbong.cre, skelbow.cre, skeleton.cre, skelserr.cre, skeltatt.cre, skelwaxe.cre, skelwham.cre, skelwswd.cre, sklich.cre, sktatax.cre, sktatsw.cre, spguard.cre, spidgi.cre, spidhu.cre, spidkid.cre, spidland.cre, spidph.cre, spidsw.cre, spidwr.cre, spknight.cre, ss1gob1.cre, ss1gob2.cre, ss1gob3.cre, ss1trl6.cre, ss1trl7.cre, ss1trl8.cre, ss2gob1.cre, ss2gob2.cre, ss2gob3.cre, ss2vrb6.cre, ss2vrb7.cre, ss2vrb8.cre, ss3trl6.cre, ss3trl7.cre, ss3trl8.cre, ss3umb8.cre, ss3umb9.cre, sumdoom.cre, sumshad.cre, sumstlk.cre, talodead.cre, tanarri.cre, tarnelm.cre, telanis.cre, therik.cre, trapguy.cre, trollsno.cre, udghast.cre, udghoul.cre, udorc.cre, udorog.cre, udsorc.cre, udspell.cre, udspider.cre, udwight.cre, uhlk8009.cre, umberhlk.cre, undeadlt.cre, valestis.cre, verbdead.cre, verbeeg.cre, verbeegd.cre, vscyeti.cre, vslyeti.cre, vsshad1.cre, vsshadow.cre, vsyeti.cre, wbishop.cre, whitcomb.cre, wight.cre, wight2.cre, wight3.cre, wightcld.cre, wightimb.cre, winwolf.cre, winwolfp.cre, wtcyeti.cre, wtsalf1.cre, wtsalf2.cre, wtsalf3.cre, wtsalfd.cre, wtsnotro.cre, wtyeti.cre, yetitund.cre, yuaewax.cre, yuaewbl.cre, yuaewbo.cre, yuaewsw.cre, yuanti.cre, yuantie.cre, yuantip.cre, yuanwax.cre, yuanwbi.cre, yuanwsw.cre, yuaxdin.cre, yubldin.cre, yuchamp.cre, yuswdin.cre, zombie.cre, zombie2.cre, zombiej.cre, zombiel.cre, zombiep.cre
HoW files altered: baldemad.cre, baldemar.cre, bearpold.cre, bergclaw.cre, dlbnegrd.cre, dlbonec.cre, dlcldaxe.cre, dlcldhnd.cre, dlcldmce.cre, dlcldswd.cre, dlfznbne.cre, dlgolem.cre, dliceaxe.cre, dlicehnd.cre, dliceswd.cre, dlicetr.cre, dlscrag.cre, dlsgem.cre, dlsnotr.cre, dlyeti.cre, druidbb.cre, druidpb.cre, frostsal.cre, mercthf.cre, mercthfd.cre, mercwar1.cre, mercwr1d.cre, remorha.cre, remorhas.cre, remorhh.cre, rndfsal.cre, rndremor.cre, rndstrol.cre, rndwwolf.cre, sahuagin.cre, saumber.cre, saumber2.cre, vsyetii.cre, werewlf.cre, wspir.cre
TotL files altered: beholder.cre, beholdh.cre, ckspgrd.cre, ckspgrdh.cre, cyanimp1.cre, cyanimp2.cre, cyanimp3.cre, cybeetr.cre, cyspidph.cre, cyspidsw.cre, hobartf.cre, keanimph.cre, lordm.cre, mincat.cre, minfle.cre, minlrd.cre, murdaugh.cre, rakshasa.cre, rakshinv.cre, rndbomb.cre, rndghos.cre, rndpspd.cre, rndspg.cre, rndwyv.cre, skelwar.cre, spcook.cre, spcourtf.cre, spcourtm.cre, spguardh.cre, wyvern.cre, wyvmat.cre

Gender corrections.

Files altered: animpla2.cre, animpla3.cre, animplat.cre, as2dire.cre, as3wint.cre, belhif.cre, bknight.cre, eele8013.cre, elemeart.cre, elemfire.cre, elemwat.cre, es12erth.cre, es12fire.cre, es12watr.cre, es16erth.cre, es16fire.cre, es16watr.cre, es20erth.cre, es20fire.cre, es20watr.cre, es24erth.cre, es24fire.cre, es24watr.cre, es8erth.cre, es8fire.cre, es8watr.cre, esmerth.cre, golemiro.cre, histach.cre, idol.cre, kaylessa.cre, kfarm.cre, kontik.cre, mani.cre, mummyhis.cre, myc8013.cre, myconidb.cre, myconidr.cre, rldmycr.cre, talodead.cre, tarnsen.cre, trapguy.cre, wolfwint.cre
HoW files altered: chalima.cre, copspir.cre, cornugo.cre, dlwater.cre, druidee.cre, druidfe.cre, druidwe.cre, druidww.cre, golemic.cre, invstlk.cre, psentry.cre, rndigolm.cre, sagolem.cre, sshamb.cre, vexing.cre, vexing2.cre, vexing3.cre, vexing4.cre
TotL files altered: ckinvst.cre, corcat.cre, cyearthe.cre, cyfiree.cre, cyhelm.cre, cyiceg.cre, cyirong.cre, cymycon.cre, cywatere.cre, glbcat.cre, grnslime.cre, jklsum.cre, mouth.cre, musjelly.cre, ochjelly.cre, olvslime.cre, rndoslm.cre, spcourtf.cre, stnnui.cre, wyvmat.cre

Sex fixes.

Files altered: bandoth.cre
HoW files altered: wightimb.cre

Some spells listed in the file had the wrong level set.

Files altered: drowsor.cre, drowspe.cre, oswald.cre, presio.cre, udsorc.cre, udspell.cre

Some arcane spells were flagged as divine, and vice-versa.

Files altered: orrick.cre
HoW files altered: alpheus.cre, alpheusd.cre, presapp.cre, saeguard.cre, sagrdm.cre, sarguard.cre, vaarglan.cre, vaarglnd.cre, xactile.cre

Had armor in the wrong slot.

Files altered: malavon.cre
HoW files altered: alpheusd.cre, disgem.cre
TotL files altered: deddog.cre, hrpfnd.cre, rpinf.cre, hrpmat.cre, jkldog.cre, jklgtr.cre, jklldr.cre, jklwar.cre, rikasha.cre

Had ring in the wrong slot.

Files altered: bearcav.cre, kubear.cre
HoW files altered: murdaugh.cre, sawar.cre, xactile.cre

Weapon not equipped and/or assigned. 

Files altered: histach.cre, shadowb.cre, shikata.cre, tanarri.cre

Had items in creature file but not actually assigned or used.

Files altered: aldeth.itm, ax1h04.itm, ax1h05.itm, ax1h06.itm, axlizman.itm, axyuanti.itm, blun01.itm, blun04.itm, blun06.itm, blyuanti.itm, bow02.itm, bow05.itm, bow06.itm, bow08.itm, bow09.itm, bow99.itm, bownon.itm, cattac1.itm, clown.itm, dagg04.itm, dagg05.itm, daggshit.itm, dazer.itm, gsleep.itm, halb01.itm, halbrd01.itm, hamm01.itm, helm03.itm, helm04.itm, helm07.itm, hq2hswd.itm, hqhalb.itm, hqhxbow.itm, hqmace.itm, hqmstar.itm, hqsbow.itm, iax1h01.itm, iblun04.itm, ibow03.itm, ihamm01.itm, immagmsl.itm, kresssw.itm, lalizman.itm, maul.itm, mslizman.itm, nalizman.itm, peaceke.itm, polizman.itm, ring95.itm, shcomlb2.itm, stupid.itm, sw1h08.itm, sw1h14.itm, sw1h99.itm, sw2h01.itm, sw2h01b.itm, sw2h02.itm, sw2h05.itm, swyuanti.itm, telizman.itm, u2ham2a.itm, u2ham3a.itm, u2ham4a.itm, u2ham4b.itm, u2ham5a.itm, ubswd5b.itm, uhxbw2a.itm, usswd2a.itm, usswd2b.itm, usswd3a.itm, usswd3b.itm, usswd3c.itm, usswd4a.itm, usswd4b.itm, usswd5a.itm, usswd5b.itm, utswd1a.itm, utswd2a.itm, utswd2b.itm, utswd2c.itm, utswd3a.itm, utswd3b.itm, utswd4a.itm, utswd4b.itm, utswd5a.itm, utswd5b.itm, xbow01.itm, xbow02.itm, xbow03.itm
HoW files altered: bess.itm, bloodgf.itm, corny.itm, debian.itm, fayr.itm, fistgf.itm, gasp.itm, handgf.itm, lucky.itm, pikeman.itm, ranclub.itm, ring05.itm, ring09.itm, ring91.itm, wclub.itm, wolfwi2.itm, zzs6sc.itm
TotL files altered: ciigen.itm, sbowebu.itm, xclub.itm, xu2ham3.itm, xusswd3.itm

These items had global effects that were not being applied due to bad timing modes. For the most part these are cosmetic effects (color)  but some were failing to provide more important benefits (i.e. ring95 was not actually protecting against petrification).

Files altered: behwep.itm

Belhifet's weapon not doing poison effect due to bad timing.

Files altered: bolt03.itm

A typo was preventing Bolts of Lightning from properly playing their sound when used.

Files altered: bow08.itm

This item had extraneous ApR bonuses in its attack ability (they're already present and working in the global effects).

Files altered: bow09.itm, bownon.itm, idart01.itm, kresssw.itm

These items have extraneous ApR bonuses in their attack ability, but are missing the proper bonuses in the global effects. In this case, the ApR bonuses are moved to the global effects.

Files altered: fele1-8.itm
HoW files altered: msword.itm

These items should be flagged as magical.

Files altered: ghoul1.itm

The sound that plays when the paralyzation wears off was not occurring at the correct time.

Files altered: labelt.itm, shadows.itm, tongue.itm

These items have global effects which could be dispelled.

Files altered: potn45.itm

The portrait icon for the Potion of Freedom expires early.

Files altered: scrl3g.itm

Due to errors in its item file, the Vocalize spell could not be learned from its scroll.

Files altered: sppr304.spl, spwi211.spl, spwi214.spl

These spells were not making sounds when cast due to typos in the sound file reference.

Files altered: ehinn.sto, kuinn1.sto, kuinn2.sto, kuinn3.sto

These stores had infinite copies of the book History of the Fateful Coin for sale, a leftover from BG.

Files altered: kusmith.sto

Conlan no longer sells infinite copies of the unique item The Lucky Scimitar.

HoW files altered: efatksa.bcs, lwalpw1.bcs, lwalpw2.bcs, lwalpw3.bcs, lwalpwg.bcs

These scripts were trying to use ChangeScript commands, but the targeted script does not exist.

HoW files altered: lddgnom4.bcs, ldilair.bcs, lwpurv6.bcs

These scripts were referencing the wrong variable (with an illegal scope to boot), apparently due to bad script compilation. 

HoW files altered: angaar.cre, beornen.cre

These had a shield in their armor slot, and the actual armor listed in their file was not assigned.

HoW files altered: jhoswd3.itm

Singing sword was not actually singing.

HoW files altered: talongf.itm

Talon of the Gloomfrost was not actually providing the indicated fire and cold resistance.

TotL files altered: braceip.itm

The ADHW ability on the bracers of Icelandic Pearl was not recharging.

TotL files altered: mhorn.itm

The Merry Shorthorn was not playing its sound when used.

Files altered: dialog.tlk

The Incinerator's description did not mention its fire resistance.

Files altered: daccalia.dlg, dbandoth.dlg, dcallian.dlg, dcapkid2.dlg, dcapvil2.dlg, dckquest.dlg, dcusthan.dlg, ddenaini.dlg, ddirtyll.dlg, dfengla.dlg, dfgg.dlg, dfrostbi.dlg, dgareth.dlg, dgina2.dlg, dginafae.dlg, dgntgrd.dlg, dgoblinc.dlg, dgorg.dlg, djoril.dlg, djorilbg.dlg, dkayless.dlg, dlehland.dlg, dlethias.dlg, dmarch.dlg, dmirek.dlg, dorcchie.dlg, dorogchi.dlg, dorrick.dlg, dosentry.dlg, dperdiem.dlg, dsaablic.dlg, dserrhya.dlg, dseth.dlg, dsoth.dlg, dtarnelm.dlg, dtealnis.dlg, dvalesti.dlg, dvalesti.dlg, dvera.dlg, dwinona.dlg
HoW files altered: dedion.dlg, dicasa.dlg, dwylf.dlg
TotL files altered: drikasha.dlg

Basic syntax error fixes.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 07:36:08 AM by CamDawg »

Offline Redrake

• God of Frustration
  • Level 4
    • View Profile
    • A lawyerish website
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 12:41:53 AM »
Some of them are indeed obsolete with HoW and TotL installed. Other were fixed by Grog. I have yet to check them all, but some of them I find downright pointless towards gameplay, like squirrel script or gender corrections (how can you determine the gender of a bladed skeleton?  ;D )

Offline grogerson

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 06:01:23 AM »
Some of the fixes are taken care of in HoW/TotL, but are still needed for vanilla IWD (and there are still players out there with only IWD). Some of the other items are to clean up errors he found. The scripts may or may not impact some magical effects. He's given them to you, but it's your call to include them or not.

Since CamDawg has given you the fixes he made for your fix pack, instead of including them as a component to the tweak pack, I went back over the tweak pack thread and noted some tweak items. Some Cam and I disagreed on resolution, others I don't know if he's resolved.
--------------
RNDTRES.2DA - In the HoW table, the RND9### lines have SW2H10 in them, a non-existant item like S1-10 was before. Wouldn't it be better to just remove these non-existant codes? (Note: CamDawg replaced these codes with SW2H01, but this is inconsistance with the enemies.) Also, on the SH_SSWD line, can you add SHSSWRD which was removed? (Note: This is the only random item in the Severed Hand to be changed, Cam and I disagree over why it was removed, so I'm asking you to restore it to HoW/TotL.)
--------------
ZZC8HB - Hell's Bane Broad Sword (TotL)
This fine broad sword is of unusual construction. The blade is crafted from an unknown dull black metal, but the edge appears to be of the finest silver. Fiery, red runes have been etched the entire length of the blade. When examined closely, the runes writhe with a life of their own. The hilt and guard of the sword have been carved from solid ruby.
This weapon is the bane of certain lower planes creatures. Against Baatezu and Tanar'ri the sword inflicts double damage and the user gains a +4 to both hit and damage. While held, the sword also grants some protection against fire.
STATISTICS:
Damage: 1D8 (2D8 +4 vs. Baatezu and Tanar'ri)
THAC0: 0 (+4 vs. Baatezu and Tanar'ri)
Damage Type: Slashing
Resistance Bonus:
+20% Fire Resistance
Weight: 5
Speed Factor: 5
Proficiency Type: Large Swords
Type: 1-handed
Not Usable By:
Druid
Cleric
Mage
Thief

Thieves can used broad swords and the sword does 2d4 damage. Long swords do 1d8. Nothing in the item description indicates thieves are restricted, except in the unusability section. My check of the unusability field in NI showed thieves can use it. (Note: Cam may or may not have fixed this, but a fix would certainly be nice if he hasn't.)
-----------------
The caretaker of the Arboretum of the Severed Hand (AR5304) does not disappear after getting everything he needs to restore it. This only happens in a basic installation, and has been fixed by HoW. Is it possible to fix basic IWD so that he does depart? (Note: Cam has just stated the code for this fix at the G3 Tweak Pack forum, he may have given it to you already, but just to be sure...)
--------------
I looked at the dialog of both Damien (the son) and Gaspar (the father) in NI (AR1005). There's things there I've never seen before, probably because my paladin does most of the talking. As for the letter from Ilmus Gallaway, is the proper response about re-negotiating the contract since the first caravan didn't make it? I've never seen this in play, and only just saw it in NI...
I took a closer look at DGASPAR.DLG in NI, after starting a new game. I see what you mean. Asked if Gaspar had any new information, the conversation jumps to the caravan contract. The dialog appears to jump states 2, 4 and 6, each of which has a response asking if he knows Ilmus Gallaway. Thanks for noticing this, plainab. (Note: Another fix Cam has just corrected, and listed, at the G3 Tweak Pack forum...)
------------
(From plainab, I've not verified this. Maybe I should check this in Infinity Explorer...)
...In the valley of the tombs (east of Kuldahar, I believe) in one of the northern tombs just inside the door there is a room to the right in that room are some skeletons (not all come and attack as soon as you enter the tomb). After clearing that room, my fighters started attacking the wall (at bottom of screen). There were no enemy there, there was nothing there, but yet they fought. Turn off the AI and they stoped. Turn on the AI and they started again.
I looked at that area in Infinity Explorer (that one lets you see where the characters are placed on the map). There were at least two skeletons being spawned inside that lower wall. I did take the effort to move them out of the wall with a weidu patch and I had no more issues there. But alas, I have it no more since I needed drive space for EasyTutu.
-----------------
I hope this helps and that I'm not being too much of a nuisance... :whistle:

Offline CamDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 07:25:18 AM »
I have yet to check them all, but some of them I find downright pointless towards gameplay, like squirrel script or gender corrections (how can you determine the gender of a bladed skeleton?  ;D )
All of the gender/sex fixes are from mismatches between the two in the file. For example, the bladed skeleton had a gender of neither and a sex of male. Because, otherwise, I can't be arsed to look at every creature individually.

A couple more items since the last post:

// remove bad references from rndtreas.2da
COPY_EXISTING ~rndtres.2da~ ~override~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~\bZZZ3BC\b~  ~ZZZ6BC~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~\bshswd\b~   ~Shsswrd~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~\bLongCle\b~ ~LongClev~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~\bs1-10~     ~sw2h01~
Replace the patch in the tp2 above with this one instead. s1-10 was being replaced by the non-existent sw2h10 (instead of the intended sw2h01) because I can't type.

I had commented out the patches for bamebd.bcs, d4hisum.bcs, d5hibap.bcs, d5hitort.bcs, d5yxung.bcs, ktmytos.bcs, kuarundd.bcs, and vstherik.bcs in the Dead("YSELF)") patch in the attached tp2 above, but it's an error--these files need to be fixed as well, so uncomment these lines.

// fixes gaspar's non-sequitir
ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER DGASPAR 15 ~False()~ DO 2
EXTEND_BOTTOM DGASPAR 15
  IF ~PartyHasItem("Contract")~ THEN REPLY #446 GOTO 5
END
Add this to fixes.d to fix the random conversation flow in Gaspar's dialogue.

STRING_SET 11213 @107 // Nym's timer reduced to three days, but still says 10
@107 = ~A most excellent choice, honored customer.  Come back in three days and your shield will be ready.~tp2/tra code to fix Nym, to be installed on HoW or TotL games only. In HoW they altered Nym to only take three days to enchant the shield for the player, and updated all of her dialogue to say three days except for this one line.
// two new ending states
APPEND DVALESTI

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN CDDoSomeMore SAY @102
    IF ~~ THEN REPLY @103 EXIT
  END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN CDAllDone SAY @104
    IF ~~ THEN REPLY @105 DO ~DestroySelf()~ EXIT
  END

END

// false existing dialogue exits
ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER DVALESTI  9 ~False()~
ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER DVALESTI 11 ~False()~
ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER DVALESTI 13 ~False()~
ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER DVALESTI 15 ~False()~

// ..so that we can extend them with transitions to the two new ending states
EXTEND_BOTTOM DVALESTI 9
  IF ~!Global("Arbor_Total","GLOBAL",3)~ THEN REPLY @106 /* ~Think nothing of it.~ */ DO ~AddXpVar("Level_11_Average",8131)~ GOTO CDDoSomeMore
  IF ~Global("Arbor_Total","GLOBAL",3)~  THEN REPLY @106 /* ~Think nothing of it.~ */ DO ~AddXpVar("Level_11_Average",8131)~ GOTO CDAllDone
END

EXTEND_BOTTOM DVALESTI 11
  IF ~!Global("Arbor_Total","GLOBAL",3)~ THEN REPLY @106 /* ~Think nothing of it.~ */ DO ~AddXpVar("Level_10_Hard",8133)~ GOTO CDDoSomeMore
  IF ~Global("Arbor_Total","GLOBAL",3)~  THEN REPLY @106 /* ~Think nothing of it.~ */ DO ~AddXpVar("Level_10_Hard",8133)~ GOTO CDAllDone
END

EXTEND_BOTTOM DVALESTI 13
  IF ~!Global("Arbor_Total","GLOBAL",3)~ THEN REPLY @106 /* ~Think nothing of it.~ */ DO ~AddXpVar("Level_9_Hard",8134)~ GOTO CDDoSomeMore
  IF ~Global("Arbor_Total","GLOBAL",3)~  THEN REPLY @106 /* ~Think nothing of it.~ */ DO ~AddXpVar("Level_9_Hard",8134)~ GOTO CDAllDone
END

EXTEND_BOTTOM DVALESTI 15
  IF ~!Global("Arbor_Total","GLOBAL",3)~ THEN REPLY @106 /* ~Think nothing of it.~ */ DO ~AddXpVar("Level_9_Hard",8137)~ GOTO CDDoSomeMore
  IF ~Global("Arbor_Total","GLOBAL",3)~  THEN REPLY @106 /* ~Think nothing of it.~ */ DO ~AddXpVar("Level_9_Hard",8137)~ GOTO CDAllDone
END

// add the transition actions to increment the tracking global for completion
ADD_TRANS_ACTION DVALESTI BEGIN 8 END BEGIN 2 3 4 5 END ~IncrementGlobal("Arbor_Total","GLOBAL",1)~
   @102 = ~Oh, and if you come across any other items that could help restore the Arboretum, I would be most grateful.  Farewell, my friends.~
   @103 = ~Farewell.~
   @104 = ~The Arboretum has been returned to its former glory, my friends.  I feel that my work here is done, that it is time to move on.  I thank you.  Farewell.~
   @105 = ~Farewell, Valestis.~
   @106 = ~Think nothing of it.~
To make Valesti have the quest closure in IWD that he has in HoW games, use this .d and tra code. Be sure to run this only for games without HoW.

Offline CamDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 07:42:16 AM »
And bonus, I had forgotten that I had done pseudo-documentation for the dialogue fixes:

• Dirty Llew had a typo that was preventing him from starting his store; also fixed his broken Charisma checks
  • Removed broken and unnecessary attack commands from 10 dialogues
  • Fixed variable checks in Accalia's dialogue
  • Fixed dialogues for about 13 creatures not properly tracking how many times they have spoken to the party
  • Fengla the slave girl had some broken variable checks
  • Various creatures not properly checking for clerics in the party (fire giant, Brother Perdiem, Soth, Edion Caradoc)
  • Tarnelm was checking for the wrong item in some triggers
  • Seth's charisma and intelligence checks were failing
  • Mirek was not properly tracking variables, namely where the party had visited
  • Custhantos was failing to give the party an item due to a broken action
  • Ginafae and Tarnelm were failing to take items from the party due to a broken actions
  • Marchon of Waterdeep's dialogue had some broken variable checks
  • Saablic Tan was checking for the wrong item
  • Valestis and Wylfdene were failing to set variables due to typos
  • An item check for Icasaracht was failing due to a typo
  • Rikasha had several typos in his variable handling that was preventing variable setting and checking
  • Sister Callian was not commenting on Mother Egenia being freed due to a bad trigger
  • The kids and villagers on the second level of Dragon's Eye were not realizing whether they were free or still prisoners due to bad triggers
  • The little girl on the first level of Dragon's Eye (the one who gives you experience for freeing them) could occassionally have 'no valid links or replies' errors if spoken to before the captives were free
  • Fixed broken triggers in other dialogues, even though they appear to be unused (dginafae.dlg, dwinona.dlg)

Offline Redrake

• God of Frustration
  • Level 4
    • View Profile
    • A lawyerish website
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2007, 03:23:55 PM »
Some of the fixes are taken care of in HoW/TotL, but are still needed for vanilla IWD (and there are still players out there with only IWD). Some of the other items are to clean up errors he found. The scripts may or may not impact some magical effects. He's given them to you, but it's your call to include them or not.
I doubt I'm going to include fixes that have already been included in HoW and TotL. As I've mentioned, my fixpack also requires Grog's fixes to be installed. Going back to vanilla IWD, would mean basically starting it from the beginning. So, I'm going to address only to the issues from the full game.

RNDTRES.2DA - In the HoW table, the RND9### lines have SW2H10 in them, a non-existant item like S1-10 was before. Wouldn't it be better to just remove these non-existant codes? (Note: CamDawg replaced these codes with SW2H01, but this is inconsistance with the enemies.) Also, on the SH_SSWD line, can you add SHSSWRD which was removed? (Note: This is the only random item in the Severed Hand to be changed, Cam and I disagree over why it was removed, so I'm asking you to restore it to HoW/TotL.)
As I understand, with HoW installed Short Sword of the Hand was removed from the random item drop. I can fix that. I was planning to re-add some items anyway and since this one doesn't seem too overpowering, it's fine by me.

Thieves can used broad swords and the sword does 2d4 damage. Long swords do 1d8. Nothing in the item description indicates thieves are restricted, except in the unusability section. My check of the unusability field in NI showed thieves can use it. (Note: Cam may or may not have fixed this, but a fix would certainly be nice if he hasn't.)
I checked this item with NI. It's not 2d4, but 1d8. Still, the thief and mage-thief should be able to use long swords, so I must assume it is a bug. Added on my list of fixes to do.

The caretaker of the Arboretum of the Severed Hand (AR5304) does not disappear after getting everything he needs to restore it. This only happens in a basic installation, and has been fixed by HoW. Is it possible to fix basic IWD so that he does depart? (Note: Cam has just stated the code for this fix at the G3 Tweak Pack forum, he may have given it to you already, but just to be sure...)
This was fixed in HoW, so I'm not going to add it.

I looked at the dialog of both Damien (the son) and Gaspar (the father) in NI (AR1005). There's things there I've never seen before, probably because my paladin does most of the talking. As for the letter from Ilmus Gallaway, is the proper response about re-negotiating the contract since the first caravan didn't make it? I've never seen this in play, and only just saw it in NI...
I took a closer look at DGASPAR.DLG in NI, after starting a new game. I see what you mean. Asked if Gaspar had any new information, the conversation jumps to the caravan contract. The dialog appears to jump states 2, 4 and 6, each of which has a response asking if he knows Ilmus Gallaway. Thanks for noticing this, plainab. (Note: Another fix Cam has just corrected, and listed, at the G3 Tweak Pack forum...)
I'll have to check on it, but I do believe that those states about re-negotiating the contract are in fact there in case you entered the cave saw the crates and then went back to Easthaven without getting th letter from the ogre.

...In the valley of the tombs (east of Kuldahar, I believe) in one of the northern tombs just inside the door there is a room to the right in that room are some skeletons (not all come and attack as soon as you enter the tomb). After clearing that room, my fighters started attacking the wall (at bottom of screen). There were no enemy there, there was nothing there, but yet they fought. Turn off the AI and they stoped. Turn on the AI and they started again.
I looked at that area in Infinity Explorer (that one lets you see where the characters are placed on the map). There were at least two skeletons being spawned inside that lower wall. I did take the effort to move them out of the wall with a weidu patch and I had no more issues there. But alas, I have it no more since I needed drive space for EasyTutu.
I remember that bug. I think it was fixed in TotL or maybe by Grog. It doesn't appear in my games any longer.

Offline grogerson

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2007, 06:58:27 PM »
plainab's skeleton problem is in AR3201. It exists in basic IWD, and was fixed with HoW. Took using both Infinity Explorer and Near Infinity to find where they're located. Since basic IWD isn't in the scope of your fix pack... Thanks for stating it. I wasn't aware of that.

As for Gaspar's dialog, CamDawg did find a problem with it, and has given the fix three posts above.

Edit: Gaspar's dialog may have been fixed with HoW. I just checked it out in a 1.41 install and it appears to be working properly...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 07:19:32 PM by grogerson »

Offline Redrake

• God of Frustration
  • Level 4
    • View Profile
    • A lawyerish website
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2007, 09:56:40 PM »
I finished reading the thread at G3 and I think I can add a few things to it.
The problem with Seth's thieves, to be more precise, the thieves in the northern part of the map appears even if you don't have the tweaks installed. I was thus far unable to fix it. I'm unable to understand how 2 thieves show up in the exact same spot (that's the reason they can't move). I checked it with NI and all of them have different spawning locations. Perhaps moving them might solve the problem, but short of removing some of them, I don't see any way out of this.

Possibly this week-end I'm going to start working on the weidu version.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 10:38:48 PM by Redrake »