Author Topic: Baldur's Gate NPCs Guide  (Read 15273 times)

Offline Raven

• Miriam's sane half
  • Administrator
  • Level 5
  • Like Awesome!
    • View Profile
    • Vampire Tales
Re: Baldur's Gate NPCs Guide
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2007, 05:22:47 PM »
Name: Minsc

Race: Human
Class: Ranger
Alignment: Neutral Good

Stats: STR 18/93, DEX 15, CON 15, INT 8, WIS 6, CHA 9

Found in the south central part of Nashkel. He wants you to go west to the Gnoll Fortress and rescue Dynaheir.

History:
Minsc proudly announces that he is a berserker warrior from the nation of Rasheman in the utter east. He is currently undertaking his dejemma, a ritual journey to manhood, and is seeking adventure and glory in battle. It is also his honor to be the bodyguard of a young Wychalarn of Rasheman named Dynaheir, and if anyone tries to harm her, he will beat sense into their heads until they reconsider. He is unsure as to why she has led them to the Sword Coast, but his loyalty is unquestioning. If he serves her well and distinguishes himself in battle, he hopes to be accepted into the Ice Dragon berserker lodge upon return to their homeland.

So far, Minsc considers his most notable experience in the world abroad to be the acquisition of his animal companion 'Boo,' a creature that he claims is a miniature giant space hamster. Apparently such things do exist in the Realms, but Minsc has surely taken too many blows to the head. He seems a good-natured fellow, but is all too willing to indulge his berserker nature.
Per me si va nella citta dolente.
Per me si va nell eterno dolore.
Per me si va tra la perduta gente...
Lasciate ogni speranza perduta che'entrate!

Offline Raven

• Miriam's sane half
  • Administrator
  • Level 5
  • Like Awesome!
    • View Profile
    • Vampire Tales
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2007, 05:23:50 PM »
Name: Montaron

Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter/Thief
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Stats: STR 16, DEX 17, CON 15, INT 12, WIS 13, CHA 9

Found on the southeast part of the map just east of Candlekeep. (Same screen as Imoen).

History:
When asked about his past, Montaron openly threatens you with bodily harm. He seems quite dangerous, and more than willing to engage in gratuitous violence. It would appear that he cares little for life, including his own. He works grudgingly with Xzar, even though he obviously despises the man. Whoever their employers are, they must be powerful indeed. These two would likely kill each other without a presence over their heads preventing it.

Montaron might be willing to discuss the whole matter with you, but you get the feeling that you probably would not wake up the next morning.

Offline Raven

• Miriam's sane half
  • Administrator
  • Level 5
  • Like Awesome!
    • View Profile
    • Vampire Tales
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2007, 05:25:37 PM »
Name: Quayle

Race: Gnome
Class: Cleric/Illusionist
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Stats: STR 8, DEX 15, CON 11, INT 17, WIS 10, CHA 6

Found on the Baldur's Gate drawbridge map, in the northwest part of the area at the entrance to Baldur's Gate. You can't get him until the Cloakwood mines are clear.

History:
Quayle talks for a good hour about his worship of Baravar Cloakshadow, how he is well on his way to mastering sorcery, and just generally how incredibly smart he is compared to everyone else in the party. He was apparently encouraged to strike out on his own as soon as he came of age because, as he claims, he was simply too gifted to remain in that stifling environment. You get the feeling, however, that no one was terribly broken up over his leaving. He says that he apprenticed in the arts of magic and the worship of Baravar under a gnome named Gifos, though it was not long before this teacher also sent him on his way.

Since then, Quayle has wandered the Sword Coast looking for people who were willing to accept his "his wisdom and instruction." It has likely been a long walk.

Offline Raven

• Miriam's sane half
  • Administrator
  • Level 5
  • Like Awesome!
    • View Profile
    • Vampire Tales
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2007, 05:26:30 PM »
Name: Safana

Class: Thief
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Stats: STR 13, DEX 17, CON 10, INT 16, WIS 9, CHA 17

Found on the map just northwest of Nashkel, east of the lighthouse. She joins your group if you agree to help her with a quest. She wants you to travel to Treasure Cove with her and retrieve an item from the talons of some creature.

History:

Safana spins tale upon tale involving fantastic liaisons with pirate captains, nobles, and royalty of all shapes and sizes. The consistent details seem to be that she grew up in the city of Calimport, surrounded by luxury. Her father was a very influential noble, and though she could have had anything, she apparently found herself too confined by her father's protective arm. She ran away in her early teens with the help of the first mate of the pirate ship "Exzesus," and remained with the crew for several years as they raided up and down the Sword Coast.

Eventually, she tried to manipulate the captain and found herself in a lot of trouble, escaping when the ship was at port in Baldur's Gate. She has many stories of her escapades after that, but if there is a grain of truth in them, you certainly cannot find it.

Offline Raven

• Miriam's sane half
  • Administrator
  • Level 5
  • Like Awesome!
    • View Profile
    • Vampire Tales
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2007, 05:27:23 PM »
Name: Shar-Teel

Class: Fighter
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Stats: STR 18/58, DEX 17, CON 9, INT 14, WIS 7, CHA 11

Found on the map containing basilisks, to the east of Beregost Temple district. When you first meet up with Shar-Teel she challenges your best male fighter to a duel. If you don't have a male in your party, you can't get her. If you turn her down, she leaves forever.

History:
When asked about her past, Shar Teel has very little to say. From the little she speaks of, it can be gleaned that she is an orphan. She also seems to harbor an intense dislike for Flaming Fist mercenaries, as well as, an obvious disrespect for men in general. She seems to have something to prove and likely her childhood was not of storybook quality.

Offline Raven

• Miriam's sane half
  • Administrator
  • Level 5
  • Like Awesome!
    • View Profile
    • Vampire Tales
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2007, 05:28:11 PM »
Name: Skie

Class: Thief
Alignment: True Neutral

Stats: STR 11, DEX 18, CON 15, INT 15, WIS 8, CHA 13

Skie is the daughter to Duke Entar Silvershield, and is inseparable from Eldorth Kron. She is found on the second floor of the Entar Silvershield estate. If Eldorth Kron is with the group she will join. If Eldorth Kron is not with the group she will scream and the characters may have to leave.

History:
Skie bubbles that she is the daughter of Entar Silvershield, one of the Grand Dukes of Baldur's Gate. Her admittedly sheltered life has consisted mostly of learning ballet, history, and languages.
Being exceptionally agile, she has become a very proficient dancer, though this natural dexterity has mainly allowed her to better sneak off on sojourns away from the estate. She says she finds the nastier areas of Baldur's Gate exciting, though she seems naive about the dangers.

On one of her escapades, she met up with the debonair Eldoth, and thinks that he can help her live the life of adventure that she craves. She trusts him implicitly, perhaps too much so.

Offline Raven

• Miriam's sane half
  • Administrator
  • Level 5
  • Like Awesome!
    • View Profile
    • Vampire Tales
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2007, 05:29:24 PM »
Name: Tiax

Race: Gnome
Class: Cleric/Thief

Stats: STR 9, DEX 16, CON 16, INT 10, WIS 13, CHA 9

Found just in front of the Flaming Fist headquarters in southwest of Baldur's Gate.

History:
When asked about his past, Tiax ignores you entirely, preferring instead to loudly proclaim what is in store for his future. He obviously worships Cyric, but also seems to share a touch of his madness. Tiax unquestioningly believes that he is destined to rule the world, and his fervor makes him blind to the ridiculous nature of the goal. He seems harmless enough for now.

Offline Raven

• Miriam's sane half
  • Administrator
  • Level 5
  • Like Awesome!
    • View Profile
    • Vampire Tales
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2007, 05:30:14 PM »
Name: Viconia

Race: Drow Elf
Class: Cleric
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Stats: STR 10, DEX 19, CON 8, INT 16, WIS 15, CHA 14

Found in the northwest of Peldvale. To get Viconia, you must agree to protect her from the Flaming Fist mercenaries. Next, you must kill the one chasing her. And then when you talk to her, accept her into your party. You will loose 2 reputation points for this.

History:
Viconia reveals that she is a dark elf from the Underdark city of Menzoberranzan. She says very little about her reasons for leaving that sunless realm, though separations of such nature are never gentle.
She does claim to no longer worship the spider goddess Lloth: a change that even you know is often fatal. Her new faith is in the night goddess Shar, an appropriate choice for a drow, though this is not a firm indication that she has given up the brutal ways of her people.

She finds the laws of the surface world quaint and more than a little strange, but this is simply because of her lack of experience. Likewise she seems a bit naive about how her race is viewed by surface dwellers. Many will not give her the chance she seems to expect, and even being seen with her may affect how people think of you. You know that as a drow, she has resistance to magic, both beneficial and harmful.

Offline Raven

• Miriam's sane half
  • Administrator
  • Level 5
  • Like Awesome!
    • View Profile
    • Vampire Tales
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2007, 05:31:30 PM »
Name: Xan

Race: Elf
Class: Enchanter
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Stats: STR 13, DEX 16, CON 7, INT 17, WIS 14, CHA 16

Found at bottom of Nashkel Mines in the chamber with Mulahey. He is the only person who can use the Moonblade found nearby.

History:
Xan wistfully speaks of his home in the elven stronghold of Evereska, and his role as a Greycloak. It was apparently decreed that he was to investigate the events of the iron shortage, determine who or what were the causes, and ascertain whether there was a greater threat to the region as a whole. This was definitely not a small task, and he accepted the responsibility with a great deal of dread. You get the feeling, however, that he approaches everything with a great deal of dread.

He has devoted his life to improving his mastery of magic and has become a skilled wizard, though this dedication has left him little time to make friends or acquire any other pastimes. He strikes you as very capable, though probably not the best influence on morale.

Offline Raven

• Miriam's sane half
  • Administrator
  • Level 5
  • Like Awesome!
    • View Profile
    • Vampire Tales
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2007, 05:32:22 PM »
Name: Xzar

Class: Necromancer

Stats: STR 14, DEX 16, CON 10, INT 17, WIS 16, CHA 10

Found on the southeast part of the map just east of Candlekeep. (Same screen as Imoen).

History:
When asked about his past Xzar has very few coherent things to say. His desire to determine the cause of the iron shortage seems benevolent enough, but his motives remain unclear. His ramblings seem disjointed, but his faculties are obviously in good enough order for him to be adept at magic. He mutters something about how he and his associate Montaron are in the employ of a powerful group, but when pressed for details he gets extremely agitated and does not speak for some time.

He is obviously at least partially insane, and the network that would hire him must be dark indeed.

Offline Raven

• Miriam's sane half
  • Administrator
  • Level 5
  • Like Awesome!
    • View Profile
    • Vampire Tales
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2007, 05:33:20 PM »
Name: Yeslick

Race: Dwarf
Class: Fighter/Cleric
Alignment: Lawful Good

Stats: STR 15, DEX 12, CON 17, INT 7, WIS 16, CHA 10

Found in the Cloakwood mines, level 2. After you help solve the whole situation, he will offer to join you.

History:
Yeslick quietly states that he was once a member of the dwarven clan Orothiar. For generations they used the iron mine in the center of Cloakwood as their home, but almost a century ago catastrophe struck.
As skilled as they are underground, dwarves occassionally make mistakes. Once such incident cost them dearly. They apparently breached an underground river and the resulting flood claimed nearly all of the clan.

Yeslick was one of the few survivors, and made his way to Sembia to start a new life. There he made the acquaintance of Rieltar, a member of the Iron Throne, and was hired as a personal smith. They became friends, and eventually Yeslick told of his past.

This proved to be his undoing as Rieltar used this information to formulate a plan to expand the Iron Throne power base in the Sword Coast. Rieltar betrayed his supposed friend and forced him to reveal the site to others. Now he wishes for nothing but the chance to right the wrongs that have been committed using his ancestral home.