Author Topic: Adenydd FAQ  (Read 8089 times)

Offline Dellaster

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Adenydd FAQ
« on: April 18, 2005, 07:38:44 PM »
This FAQ will be edited with up-to-date changes if/when they're made.

Frequently Asked Questions
  • Q: Will this be a WeiDU mod?
    A: Of course!
  • Q: Who or what is Adenydd?
    A: Adenydd Rhan (A-den-ith) is a joinable NPC for BGII: SoA and ToB. She's a Neutral Good Half-Elven Empathic Archer. She's 27 and worships Mielikki. (Wow, a Half-Elven Ranger-type who worships Mielikki. How novel! ;-))
  • Q: What's an Empathic Archer? I've never heard of it.
    A: I don't think it has existed until now. I created the kit to fit the character. She's a Ranger Archer (minus Called Shot) with inborn empathic abilities. See the Overview for more details.
  • Q: Where is she found?
    A: Merella's cabin in the Umar Hills. Depending on your PC's experience, she can be either level 8, 9, 10, 11, or 12.
  • Q: Will Adenydd romance my PC?
    A: No. She's empathic and it's just not possible for her to get that close to a Bhaalspawn's Taint. She can, however, develop a close friendship with the PC.
  • Q: Will Adenydd romance another NPC?
    A: If Minsc is around, she'll have something of a romance with him. Don't look at me. Adenydd decided that one on her own while I was doing one of her Minsc banters. Sometimes characters have a mind of their own.
  • Q: Will she have a friendship track with the PC?
    A: Yes, regardless of gender, race, class or (non-evil) alignment. The mod will use a point-based influence system for friendship.
  • Q: It sounds like she's pretty picky about alignment.
    A: Yes, I'm afraid she's not tolerant at all of evil alignments. Because of her empathic ability, she can't just ignore evil characters or pretend they're not all that bad. She won't join your party if it contains an evil character (including the PC) and she'll leave after giving a one-day notice if any join later.
  • Q: Will she be voiced?
    A: If a volunteer comes forward with the right kind of voice, yes. My current plan is to get a voiceless downloadable/playable beta done. It's only fair that the potential voice actor experience -- and like -- the final product before offering her effort.
  • Q: Does she have any quests?
    A: I'm not planning on any at the moment, but if I get an idea that fits the character this may change.
  • Q: How about special items? Does she have any?
    A: She has an unremoveable diadem in the helm slot that helps her remain sane when surrounded by too many people (empathic overload). The mage who created it based it on the enchantment that protects against confusion. It still has that property as a beneficial side-effect.
  • Q: If she's primarily an Archer, why doesn't she have a special bow?
    A: There's a special bow for her that you're almost sure to come across.
  • Q: What else is in this mod?
    A: Perter the bowyer in Waukeen's Promenade has an special stock selection if Adenydd is in the party. He knew her in Silverymoon. The new store is via dialogue option and you can get his normal store to appear with another option.
  • Q: Who's working on this project?
    A: Just me.
  • Q: When will it be done?
    A: I honestly have no idea. It's my first NPC mod. Keep an eye on the progress sticky topic.
 Adenydd NPC - In Progress
"The face I have is the face the ladies love!  Boo loves Minsc's face, too.  Don't you Boo?" - Minsc (BioWare)

Offline nethrin

• Retired Modder
  • Level 3
    • MSN Messenger - gilalion@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gilalion.com
    • Email
Re: Adenydd FAQ
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 07:48:41 PM »
Quote from: "Dellaster"
Depending on your PC's experience, she can be either level 8, 9, 19, 11, or 12.

um, I assume you mean 10.

Offline Dellaster

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Adenydd FAQ
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 07:50:59 PM »
Fixed. Thank you.  :-D
"The face I have is the face the ladies love!  Boo loves Minsc's face, too.  Don't you Boo?" - Minsc (BioWare)

Offline Zyraen

• Level 2
    • MSN Messenger - zyraen@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Adenydd FAQ
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 07:53:09 PM »
Would like to be available to help if you need any coding questions, just pop me PMs via the MB :) Have fun on your first Mod. Oh and the abilities for the Kit look really cute and sweet ;)
SoAVer
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps and redistribution, and more.

Offline Dellaster

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Adenydd FAQ
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 07:55:07 PM »
Thank you Zyraen. I appreciate it.  Though I must admit I enjoy figuring out  the coding. ;-)

Offline Emperor Scott

• View Profile
Adenydd FAQ
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 08:34:49 AM »
Ack........ Only good harper is a dead harper, leave the meddling to we Wizards! (ye I KNOW shes not  harper....... )
My armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt my wings a hurricane and my breath death!

Offline Dellaster

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Adenydd FAQ
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 09:37:25 AM »
Quote from: "Emperor Scott"
Ack........ Only good harper is a dead harper, leave the meddling to we Wizards! (ye I KNOW shes not  harper....... )

That reminds me to give Jaheira a different interjection to Adenydd's joining dialogue if the Harpers are after her. She (and the others) would be a bit more wary of anyone connected with the Harpers during that time. Thanks!  :-D

Offline Sillara

• Retired Modder
  • Level 2
    • MSN Messenger - gilalion
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sk8pilmp
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - charisariel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gilalion.com
    • Email
Adenydd FAQ
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2005, 07:58:37 PM »
A romance for Minsc?  :eek:   This sounds promising!  I like archers, so I am looking forward to this mod.  If you have any coding (or other!) questions, please feel free to PM me.  

Sillara
Can you accept a necromancer? Can you trust a murderer? Can you love Tsujatha?
If you like Tsujatha, you should read his novels.
Natha ssin'urn lu' dwalc ilythiiri noamuth wund l' rivven: Yasraena zhah ghil!
Saerileth's bounty is as boundless as the sea; the more  she gives to you, the more she has, for her love is infinite.

Offline Dellaster

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Adenydd FAQ
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 09:46:44 PM »
I may end up really regretting the Minsc relationship addition. It's going to be tricky (but fun). ;-)

Thank you for permission to bug you with questions if needed, Sillara.  :-D

Offline Dellaster

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Adenydd FAQ
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2005, 08:46:45 AM »
FAQ updated slightly. A spoiler or two removed; store added.