Author Topic: Haz not present in tombs  (Read 7087 times)

Offline Eric Xanthus

• View Profile
Re: Haz not present in tombs
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2010, 06:29:08 PM »
Yes, I have the game in Program Files.  Good to know there's a potential problem with that.  Can I just move to a different directory or will I have to reinstall to a new target?

Offline Solaufein

• Lord of the Realms
  • Administrator
  • Level 5
  • Man against the Machine
    • ICQ Messenger - 251194643
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - gscott7833
    • View Profile
    • http://teambg.net
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 02:20:45 PM »
I tried to do that with Fallout 3 and failed. Once a game is installed its put into the Windows registry on where its location lies. You could try making a copy of the game and put it outside of Program Files and edit the Baldur.ini and where the game (that you just moved) is currently located at.

If anyone else has ideas about Windows 7 UAC and this problem you can chime in.
My mods:
Dark Horizons
The Undying
Nikita
IWD2 store

Co-contributor:
Dark Side of the Sword Coast BG1 Weidu
Aurils Bane
Encounters
Saerileth
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Offline Eric Xanthus

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 04:18:43 PM »
I predict I'm going to run into this again when Bodhi abducts Saerileth in chapter 6.  If that event fails to happen, I'll reinstall to a new directory.  Ironically I have an "Oldies" directory but that's got games 10+ years older than BG2.  Didn't occur to me to install BG2 there.

Offline Eric Xanthus

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2010, 09:28:13 AM »
Update: I've run through Kesevar, Gunshain, and the abduction/restoration scenes, all without a hitch.  All the other NSARxxxx scripts have run perfectly.  I guess it's still possible that the problem is related to Win 7 and my program location, but I'm skeptical.  I think there's something wrong with the way NSAR0801 "gets in between" the Aran Linvail/Bodhi decision that the original game sets up.

My solution was to abuse the potion/gem bug to get gobs of instant gold, pay the shadow thieves, do the jobs all the way up through Haz opening the vampire lair, THEN pick up Saerileth, quest around, wipe out the vampires, and depart on the boat.  That way there was very little content that I missed with Saerileth.  The only casualty that way is killing the Purple Dragon and getting the Cloak of Balduran.

If I run into any more problems down the road (starting ToB for example) I'll try a reinstall outside of Program Files and post an update here.  Otherwise I'm satisfied.  Too bad, too...the third option for getting to Brynnlaw was a great idea.  I think it's just messing with something too delicate in the original programming.