16 (61.5%)
Icewind Dale
3 (11.5%)
Icewind Dale 2
0 (0%)
Planescape Torment
2 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Favorite IE Game  (Read 16267 times)

Offline Ashara

• Dreamwalker
  • Level 2
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite IE Game
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2007, 09:41:23 AM »
Well, I'm concentrating on modding atm :) I'll try to beat it fair and square once I have all NPCs made and talking and all that.

Offline Redrake

• God of Frustration
  • Modders
  • Level 4
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - remildragos
    • View Profile
    • A lawyerish website
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2007, 04:43:13 PM »
With good party and tactic it's not so hard to beat IWD2 on Heart Of Fury :lilly
Yes, but you must remember to plan a party for HoF mode, while playing in normal. Dual classes are very important as taking only cleric kits that do good in HoF (no Ilmater, Lathander or Tempus).

Surrender or be squished!

Offline K. Lou of Combs

• Level 1
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - i_inhabit_earth@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nybcr/themarysuemod.htm
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2007, 06:36:56 PM »
I know this is completely off-topic... but is that a guinea pig in your portrait, Redrake?  I love guinea pigs! :lilly
"Without my glasses, I see the world as it really is: kinda blurry."

"I hate to tell you this, but... your IQ Test came back negative."

The stupidest, silliest mod in progress is right here:
The Mary Sue NPC Mod

Offline Redrake

• God of Frustration
  • Modders
  • Level 4
    • View Profile
    • A lawyerish website
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2007, 06:07:45 AM »
I know this is completely off-topic... but is that a guinea pig in your portrait, Redrake?  I love guinea pigs! :lilly
Yes and is called Sooty. It's part of funny story I've found on internet some time ago. Here it is:

Offline Undertaker

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • http://forums.chosenofmystra.net/index.php
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2007, 08:19:52 AM »
With good party and tactic it's not so hard to beat IWD2 on Heart Of Fury :lilly
Yes, but you must remember to plan a party for HoF mode, while playing in normal. Dual classes are very important as taking only cleric kits that do good in HoF (no Ilmater, Lathander or Tempus).

But my cleric was Lathander's ???
Evil hidden everywhere
Evil has a chilling stare
Null and void of any care
Is where the answer lies
It does no good to beg or cry
It does no good to question why
It does no good it never dies
Evil never dies

Offline Redrake

• God of Frustration
  • Modders
  • Level 4
    • View Profile
    • A lawyerish website
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2007, 10:13:30 AM »

But my cleric was Lathander's ???

Lathander are focused more on offensive spells which are very ineffective in HoF due to high HP's of the monsters. In HoF the best clerics are the ones who can cast defensive spells, like Helm (the best cleric for HoF) and Selune (for summoning spells). Bane is also good, due to bonus at enchantment spells, as well as Oghma (because of the nice necromancy spells like Wail of the Banshee).

Offline Solaufein

• Lord of the Realms
  • Administrator
  • Level 5
  • Man against the Machine
    • ICQ Messenger - 251194643
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - gscott7833
    • View Profile
    • http://teambg.net
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2009, 03:53:02 PM »
Resurrection for newbies who may have missed this.

Looks like IWD2 gets no love. I've noticed some regular posters who only post in BG1 mod forums or they post in BG2 only, as if that is the game of their choice.
My mods:
Dark Horizons
The Undying
Nikita
IWD2 store

Co-contributor:
Dark Side of the Sword Coast BG1 Weidu
Aurils Bane
Encounters
Saerileth
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Offline Redrake

• God of Frustration
  • Modders
  • Level 4
    • View Profile
    • A lawyerish website
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2009, 09:47:30 AM »
I love IWD2. Just not as much as IWD1. ;)

Offline Shemp

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2012, 06:05:08 AM »
Baldur's Gate 2 is the best of them.

Offline BR4ZIL

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2012, 08:23:01 PM »
Well, it was hard to pick one, so allow me a moment to explain.

Baldur's Gate 1: For me, the entire game has that classic PnP D&D feel to it, a party of adventurers go on around the land completing quests (and in my case, doing good deeds to the people) and then they find themselfs on a much more complex plot (the main quest) in which the overcome obstacles and vanquish the the villain. I find that the game starts very slow (i mean that in a positive way) and then it "picks up pace" as you progress. It was also the first IE game i played and it was also the game that got me interested (read: quite obssesed with  :razz) in D&D in the first place.

Icewind Dale 1 : I didint liked the lack of party character development that the game went for, it gave me a feeling that this game was meant for multiplayer, the story is very linear (except when you have to get the bosses badges, but its a very short sequence). As for the story itself, it is quite good, but what i find that IWD truly shines in is the enviroment, it has the most best kickass maps and sounds in all IE games that i played.

Baldur's Gate 2:What BG2 did for me was to expand on something that i really enjoy in any game, character development, at the time, i remember BG2 stand tall away from most games i played (ok, maybe very close to Fallout 1 & 2), it was the first game that i remember that gave me the (now) so famous romances, very innovative at the time. Regarding the story,  i find its plot much more complex & compelling than BG1's, i know many dislike Imoen, but moments like when you see her getting kidnapped made me urge to save her and at the end of ToB when the credits rolled, it was one of the only games that i remeber that made me emotionally invested in it. BG2 might have lost the whole "explore the wilderness" thing and some of that classic RPGing feel, but it makes up for it by giving us a alot more quests & character interaction (the whole Stronghold quests comes to mind). To this day it is the best game that i have ever played.

Icewind Dale 2: i have to admit i didint finished IWD2, but to put it bluntly, it is the same feel that i have with the first game.

Planescape Torment: Unfortunaly, i never touched PS T, so i cant comment much about it(i heard that the talking skull Morte is hilarious  :razz)

If we talk about modded games, BG1 & BG2 are almost equals, but i still find that ,by sheer amount of mods, BG2 still wins, that and because it has Viconia as LI in it  :P.

In short, its what Shemp said.

Baldur's Gate 2 is the best of them.

With all of that, i still love all this games and i hope to get PS:T sometime in the future.

Offline Sir_Carnifex

• Scourge of Kobolds
  • Modders
  • Level 1
  • Scourge of Kobolds
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2012, 09:25:08 PM »
I've only played the two BG games.  Out of them, BG2 barely places before BG1, and that's mainly because of character interaction.   I really like the low level, expansive areas, and extra characters in BG1.
In progress - Armin Kasun - a mercenary NPC for BG2

On hold - Halbo NPC for BG2, the evil halfling thief, food critic, and party troublemaker