Author Topic: DSotSC Dreaded Bug Thread  (Read 19990 times)

Offline Red Carnelian

• Global Moderator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • The Stone of Askavar
Re: DSotSC Dreaded Bug Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2008, 02:59:18 AM »
What did the runtime error say?
Little is known of Nirel, a powerful cleric who could resist the spells of his enemies. However, history does record that he was a vile zealot whose hatred for followers of other faiths knew almost no bounds. It is said that he kept the heads of his victims as trophies and was personally responsible for defiling over one hundred temples of other faiths. In the centuries since, his mace has appeared in the hands of evil clerics across the Realms.

Offline Thelastros

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - l_hasher@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2008, 10:57:07 AM »
AppHangB1 in BGMain2.exe

Offline Tervadh

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2008, 12:19:23 PM »
AppHangB1 in BGMain2.exe
I have never heard of that error.  Seems to be a Vista thing that can happen with any number of applications.  I also can't think of anything specific DSotSC adds to Cloakwood that would trigger it.

You might want to try the usual checks - empty out your cache, temp and tempsave folders.  Disable any virus scanners, firewalls or other memory-resident software while running the game.  Then make sure your installation media are clean and unscratched.  If not, then run the disks through a cleaner/descratcher and reinstall.
"One should choose one's bedfellows while it is daylight." -Swedish proverb

Offline Thelastros

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - l_hasher@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2008, 12:43:04 AM »
thanks for the advice. like i said it was working fine before the DSOTSC install. waht is the likelihood that vista is a major problem for mods for IE games?

Offline Raven

• Miriam's sane half
  • Administrator
  • Level 5
  • Like Awesome!
    • View Profile
    • Vampire Tales
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2008, 04:56:09 AM »
I've heard of problems with Vista with older games so perhaps this is an issue.
Per me si va nella citta dolente.
Per me si va nell eterno dolore.
Per me si va tra la perduta gente...
Lasciate ogni speranza perduta che'entrate!

Offline jam

• View Profile
    • Email
The Citadel quest won't start
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2008, 08:54:36 AM »

Ok, so here's my problem: I have completed the dragon quest and when I return to Nashkel I get my two points of reputation but there is no lady outside of Nashkel inn or anywhere else and as a matter of fact there is no little girl either. I have already upgraded the mace but still I can't get the quest running. Any suggestions?

Offline swak62

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2009, 12:44:40 AM »
I am encountering a similar problem that billymas posted January 18, 2008 (Repy #19).  Finished Jet'Laya quest and was told to meet a priest at the Burning Wizard (Jarent).  Go to the Burning Wizard and No Priest.
A response seems to direct everyone to SHS for their BGT DSotSC mod.  However, I am using CoM's DSotSC v1.03B, and from what I've been able to find out, the problem is a compatibility issue with BGAdventures.  It appears that BGAdventures overwrites the AR3307.bcs file, and so does the DSotSC mod.  Was wondering if there's a work-around for this problem.

If needed, here's my WeiDU.log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-BG1ADVENTUREDS.TP2~ #0 #0 // bg1adventureds
~SETUP-BG1ADVENTUREDS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Harder Enemies
~SETUP-BG1ADPATCH.TP2~ #0 #0 // bg1adPatch
~AJANTISBG1/SETUP-AJANTISBG1.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installs Ajantis BG1 Expansion Modification: 2.1
~SETUP-BG1-EASE-V2.1.TP2~ #0 #0 // Higher (500 items) stacks for gems/missiles/potions/scrolls
~SETUP-BG1-EASE-V2.1.TP2~ #0 #1 // Bag of holding and improved Erdane store
~SETUP-BG1-EASE-V2.1.TP2~ #0 #2 // Higher stacks for normal missiles in stores
~SETUP-BG1-EASE-V2.1.TP2~ #0 #3 // Maximum of hit points per level
~SETUP-BG1-EASE-V2.1.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved spell learning for bards and mages
~SETUP-BG1-EASE-V2.1.TP2~ #0 #5 // Happy mode (no annoyed or angry NPC)
~SETUP-BG1-EASE-V2.1.TP2~ #0 #10 // Xp level cap remover
~SETUP-BG1TWEAKSPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // ?????? -> : ???
~SETUP-BG1-EASE-V2.1.TP2~ #0 #10 // Xp level cap remover
~SETUP-BG1ADVENTUREDS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Harder Enemies
~SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG1 Teak Pack (Requires Tales of the Sword Coast)
~SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Alternate Portraits
~SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Tweaked Drizzt
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ice Island Level Two Restoration: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Mysterious Vial: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Additional Elminster Encounter: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // Angelo Notices Shar-teel: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Finishable Kagain Caravan Quest: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // Coran and the Wyverns: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Kivan and Tazok: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Branwen and Tranzig: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Safana the Flirt: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Appropriate Albert and Rufie Reward: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Place Entar Silvershield in His Home: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Quoningar, the Cleric: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edie, the Merchant League Applicant: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // Flaming Fist Mercenary Reinforcements: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Minor Dialogue Restorations: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Audio Restorations: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #23 // Area Corrections and Restorations: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Permanent Corpses: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #25 // Elven Charm and Sleep Racial Resistance: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #26 // The Original Saga Music Playlist Corrections: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #27 // Sarevok's Diary Corrections: 7
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Mini-Quests and Encounters Mod: 4.1
~BW_HERBS/SETUP-BW_HERBS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Herbs and Potions Add-in (BG1 / BG1Tutu / BGT) by Baronius: v1.0.2
~SETUP-COMFORGE.TP2~ #0 #0 // CoM Forge
~DRIZZTSAGA/DRIZZTSAGA.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Drizzt Saga for BG1 v1.0
~SETUP-TGC1E.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Grey Clan Episode One: In Candlelight, BG edition v1.9 -> Normal edition
~SOA/SETUP-SOA.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Stone of Askavar: 1.5
~XANBG1FRIEND/SETUP-XANBG1FRIEND.TP2~ #0 #0 // Xan's friendship path for BG1, v5
~SETUP-BG1ADVENTUREDS.TP2~ #0 #0 // bg1adventureds
~SETUP-BG1-EASE-V2.1.TP2~ #0 #0 // Higher (500 items) stacks for gems/missiles/potions/scrolls
~SETUP-BG1-EASE-V2.1.TP2~ #0 #1 // Bag of holding and improved Erdane store
~SETUP-BG1-EASE-V2.1.TP2~ #0 #2 // Higher stacks for normal missiles in stores
~SETUP-BG1-EASE-V2.1.TP2~ #0 #3 // Maximum of hit points per level
~SETUP-BG1-EASE-V2.1.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved spell learning for bards and mages
~SETUP-BG1-EASE-V2.1.TP2~ #0 #5 // Happy mode (no annoyed or angry NPC)

Thank you.

Offline Red Carnelian

• Global Moderator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • The Stone of Askavar
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2009, 06:09:51 AM »
No sorry swak62. There once was a work around but BG adventures is now part of the Dark Horizons Mod. Also the 1.03B is the really old version of DS. I advise you to use the most up to date weidu version from COM if you are running a BG vanilla game.
Little is known of Nirel, a powerful cleric who could resist the spells of his enemies. However, history does record that he was a vile zealot whose hatred for followers of other faiths knew almost no bounds. It is said that he kept the heads of his victims as trophies and was personally responsible for defiling over one hundred temples of other faiths. In the centuries since, his mace has appeared in the hands of evil clerics across the Realms.

Offline Maedhros

• MSN Messenger - matheus_guareschi@rock.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2010, 01:17:59 PM »
Hey,

First of all, sorry for posting, but I think it's the right place.

I'm having some trouble starting Jet'Laya's sister quest.
I've picked her and dumped her right away after Cloakwood Mines. Some time later, I went back to FAI and decided to let her join so I could do her quest. But the DsotSC Intro doesn't run after this! It didn't when I've picked her before as well as the second (and last) time. There are no map updates and there's only a journal entry saying I've agreed to help her.

So, I'd like to know if this is a known bug or if I've just screwed thing up when I picked her and dumped her right away.

I could post my WeiDU Log but I just don't know how. If someone could please help me with this, if it could be necessary for solving this question, I'd be glad.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Tervadh

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2010, 02:44:11 AM »
I could post my WeiDU Log but I just don't know how. If someone could please help me with this, if it could be necessary for solving this question, I'd be glad.
Open your WeiDU.log file in a text editor (like Notepad) and paste the contents here. Though I think this may be a known issue... perhaps you can't complete DS quests after a certain point.
"One should choose one's bedfellows while it is daylight." -Swedish proverb

Offline Solaufein

• Lord of the Realms
  • Administrator
  • Level 5
  • The night is dark and full of terrors...
    • ICQ Messenger - 251194643
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - gscott7833
    • View Profile
    • http://teambg.net
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2010, 04:25:02 PM »
Version 1.04 only from this point forward.
My mods:
Dark Horizons
The Undying
Nikita
IWD2 store

Co-contributor:
Dark Side of the Sword Coast BG1 Weidu
Aurils Bane
Encounters
Saerileth
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Offline KittenIgnition

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2010, 05:04:44 AM »
:o

yeah so i installed DSotSC a couple days ago and started playing... I got to ch. 5 pretty fast and started all the missions and stuff, and it was good.

i did the first mission with that chick's sister (i didnt let jet-person join my party though), and got her necklace, killed the Dark One, released the phantom dudes (took me a while to realize i had to pick up the potions, and for some reason i couldnt move near them cuz of some random map-glitch-barrier thing), and it was good.

I went to the beregost inn and gave the dude the necklace, and talked to the priest about the dragon, then went to get my weapon from the dwarf dude. i then went to nashkell and started all the stuff there. i talked to whoever i had to talk to, and went and killed the dragon, but couldnt find his hoard (i was tired and looked around for all of 10 seconds), then went back to down and got my +2 rep (at 20 its kinda useless), but didnt have the symbol so i couldnt return it to the priest. And I thought it was good...

Then i did the next part, and went to talk to mrs. ghastkill or w/e about her son or w/e, and i didnt get any info so i looked around and found the girl who lost her necklace. kinda obvious that thatll lead me to some other part of the story... so i went to the area north of nashkell and killed the orc dudes and talked to <insert annoying name here>, and didnt let him join my party but he still marked my map. so its all good right....?

I went over to the areas surrounding the tower and checked all 4 sides but couldnt find a way into the tower, so i gave up and did some research and realized that i had to get the mace all of its enchantments and stuff. so i went and got my mace, got elminster to enchant it, then searched nashkell, FAI and beregost for the priest guy but i couldnt find him. i went to the dragon place and found the hoard, got the symbol, sold all the useless crap, and started looking for the priest again. and he was nowhere to be found.

I read somewhere that you have to do everything in order or youre screwed, so i wanna know if im screwed or not, or if this is a bug (hence posting in the bug thread), or if i missed something or what. if i missed any info, excuse me because ive been up for ~50 hours.

also i installed the latest version after i gave up and started reading here, and checked everything again etc. etc. and its still all broken, but i can now get 2 jet's in my party... which is kinda weird. one is right at the gate of the FAI and one is right there when you arrive from the south.

i can haz help? assistance? guides? do i have to restart the game again? i have a lot of time and stuff invested in this playthrough and would hate to have to restart... ive already screwed it up a few times in the past (just TotSC), and had to restart, so i know how annoying it is, but ive also done most of the TotSC + DSotSC + BG1 quests up until ch. 5 so it would really, really suck.

Offline Solaufein

• Lord of the Realms
  • Administrator
  • Level 5
  • The night is dark and full of terrors...
    • ICQ Messenger - 251194643
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - gscott7833
    • View Profile
    • http://teambg.net
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2010, 01:42:28 PM »
The priest should be at the Temple of Lathander in Beregost or in that side building next to it.

This walk through should be valid for the newer versions of the mod.
My mods:
Dark Horizons
The Undying
Nikita
IWD2 store

Co-contributor:
Dark Side of the Sword Coast BG1 Weidu
Aurils Bane
Encounters
Saerileth
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Offline KittenIgnition

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2010, 02:14:34 AM »
The priest should be at the Temple of Lathander in Beregost or in that side building next to it.

This walk through should be valid for the newer versions of the mod.

yeah i looked everywhere, and double checked just now. hes not in the FAI, beregost, the temple of lathender-thing, the thing next to it, high hedge, the temple of helm in nashkel, anywhere in nashkel, anywhere in beregost or anywhere in the FAI. i think i did the missions in the wrong order/skipped things i shouldnt have and am kinda screwed. :(

Offline Meglith

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2010, 09:02:22 PM »
So, i found a bug that struck me as odd. A couple of times, i couldn't initiate dialogues with random NPCs. One was one of the children in Beregost, and the next one was Prism, the artist near the Nashkell Mines.

In Prism's case, since i wanted to do the quest, i used cheats to create a second Prism (after using Ctrl-Y on the first) and found i could initiate a conversation with the copy just fine. But then the Bounty Hunter appeared, threatened to attack, and then walked off the edge of the map in the middle of the battle - i could not fight him to conclusion, the NPC just left.

So i uninstalled Dark Side, and re-loaded my game, and went through the Prism-Greywolf encounter without problems, so it seems that yes, Dark Side was what was causing my problem. Any tips on what i might do to fix this problem?