Author Topic: Great Big Spoilers with huge bells and knobs on...  (Read 28334 times)

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • http://mistresselysia.deviantart.com/
Great Big Spoilers with huge bells and knobs on...
« on: December 21, 2006, 02:57:16 PM »
Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:00 am

I'm going to stick things in here that could be considered bigger spoilers than others, e.g.
Quest Info
Specific Lovetalks
Conflict Banters
Shadow Thief Stuff

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
Great Big Spo
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 02:57:17 PM »
Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:01 am    

Being cruel to Aerie Conflict Banter…(snigger...I was sooo bored at work today...) If the PC is male (obviously icon_wink.gif ).

Aerie: *smiles sweetly* , do you have a minute? I wish to …speak with you.

Fade: *grins* Oh, here we go again. I just love the ‘innocent elf maiden’ act, it’s just entertainment in itself…

Aerie: *haughtily* I wasn’t talking to you, Fade, I was talking to .

Fade: *still grinning* Oh yes, I’m sorry. *puts on a false falsetto voice* Oh, , are my eyes big and blue enough? Is my hair soft and golden enough? Are my cute little elven breasts perky enough? *sniggers*

Aerie: *shocked* F..Fade! Just…just s..shut up!

Fade: *feigns innocence * Oh, I’m sorry, did I hit a nerve there? *winks at you*

PC:
1a) Fade….lay off. There was no need for that. Aerie just wants to talk to me, that’s all. (see 2a)
1b) *trying to stifle a snigger* Fade…pack it in…(see 2b)
1c) Oh, come on Aerie, she was just having a bit of fun…(see 2c)
1d) Fade! How dare you say such things about Aerie! Apologise to her immediately! (see 2d)

Fade:
2a) *sighs and shrugs* Some people, just can’t take a joke…and see what’s being lain so obviously at their feet. (see 3a)
2b) *grins* Oh, all right. You’re no fun, you know that…(see 3b)
2c) *slightly cruel smile* Oh, sweet jewel, how ever will I be able to convince you to forgive me? *curtseys before Aerie, her tone decidedly impudent* (see 3c)
2d) *narrows her eyes, and then shrugs* Okay, I’m sorry. Really sorry. And I’m also really sorry that some people can’t take a joke. *she gives both you and Aerie a withering look and leaves – end PC now romancing Aerie*.

Aerie:
3a) *indignantly* And j..just what do you mean by that? (see 4a)
3b) I c..can’t believe you’re s..siding with her, ! (see 4b)
3c) *angrily* There’s no need to be rude! *she turns her back on Fade with a snort and storms off*. (see 4c)

Fade:
4a) Oh, come on, every time so much as looks in your direction, you simper and bat your eyelashes at him. It’s so obvious you want him it’s almost pathetic! (see 5a)
4b) *links arms with you* wit over doe-eyed beauty, my sweet jewel. *smiles slyly* That and the ability to put both my legs behind my head….(see 5b)
4c) *blows her a kiss and calls after her* Farewell! Parting is such sweet sorrow! *she looks to you and rolls her eyes* touchy, isn’t she? (see 6a/6b)
Aerie:
5a) S…Simper? Pathetic? And what a…about you? I see the looks you g…give him too! As if you’re w…weighing him up, like a piece of meat! (see 7a)
5b) *stiffly* W…well! I can see I’m not w…wanted here! *turns and storms off* (see 6c / 6d/ 6e)

PC:
6a) *glare at Fade * You just had to take it one step too far, didn’t you…* go after Aerie – PC now romancing Aerie and not Fade? End*
6b) *nod* You can say that again. *grin at her and put an arm around her shoulders* (see 7b)
6c) *grin* wit over beauty? Considering you have both, I’m not sure I understand your meaning….(see 7c)
6d) *shrug off Fades arm* Now see what you’ve done! *go after Aerie and ignore Fade – PC now romancing Aerie and not Fade? End*
6e) *slightly distracted* What do you mean, you can put both your legs behind your head?? (see 7d)

Fade:
7a) *icily* I do not care for your implication, Aerie….(see 8a / 8b /8c /8d)
7b) *draws away from you slightly, with a smiles at you with one eyebrow raised. Then she shakes her head and laughs* I think you’ve made your point. Come on, enough of this nonsense *she shrugs off your arm and walks away, but does give you a lingering look as she leaves – end. (Aerie put off, on the road to romancing Fade).*
7c) *seems to be caught of guard, and blushes slightly* W…what? Stop mucking about, . *she looks away from you, and seems to be trying to compose herself* Come on, we’d better catch up with the others *she turns and walks away, but does give you a lingering look as she leaves – end. (Aerie put off, on the road to romancing Fade).*
7d) *laughs and swats you playfully on the arm* Curious? Maybe I’ll show you sometime…*she grins impishly again, turns and walks away, but does give you a lingering look as she leaves – end. (Aerie put off, on the road to romancing Fade).*

PC:
8a) Ladies! Please, that’s enough. There’s enough of me for both of you…*grin* (see Fade9a / Aerie9a)
8b) Fade, that’s enough now, leave Aerie alone. (see Fade9b)
8c) Aerie, Fade was just teasing you…lay off her. (see Aerie9c)
8d) That’s it! I’ve had enough of both of you! Stop this stupid bickering now! *throw hands up in the air and leave – end (both will continue to flirt – up to PC who to chose now)*

BOTH:
Fade 9a) *looks over at you, and grins* Yeah, in your dreams, boy…(End. Aerie is put off by this response – on the road to romancing Fade.)
Aerie 9a) *looks over at you, a little shocked* ….how could you say such a thing? I…I really don’t think this is going to work…*she shakes her head and leaves – end (Aerie is put off by this response – on the road to romancing Fade.)
Fade 9b) *snaps* Fine *she turns and stalks away – End. (PC now romancing Aerie and not Fade?)*
Aerie 9c) *looks a little shocked* W…what? *Snaps* Fine. As long as I know where I stand. *she turns and walks away – End (Aerie put off, on the road to romancing Fade).*

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 02:57:18 PM »
Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:09 am    

Okay, spoiler thoughts here. Would it really irritate people if Fade went awol twice? It hit me this morning that I am intending Fade to be kidnapped by her former master (very important for romance progression!) but then shall she also be Bohdi-napped? I do like the idea of her being Bohdi-napped, because she will become the vessel for an infernal spirit (something that Bohdi wasn't expecting, I can tell you! - I haven't decided whether Fade will be concious and fight, or whether she'll be in a 'coma' state) and the vamps black heart won't be the only thing you need to get her back (I'm fully intending to expand this, as it's not only the vampirism you'll have to get rid of. The infernal spirit will have to be banished as well...)

Basically, if she's in a 'coma' state (almost like shes incubating the spirit), the PC will have to dispel the vampirism the usual way, only to have the spirit awaken. The party would then have to fight Fade in her 'infernal' state, and when defeated a cure would have to be found for that (I thought finding a willing priest to perform an exorcism, for which artefacts would have to be found. Either that, or the willing priest has to be found to banish her - but this would be for good, do not pass go, do not collect £200, Fade doesn't come back).

Problem is, depending on how quickly you reach Spell Hold would depend on when Fade is kidnapped. If you're like me and do as much as you possibly can before getting Imoen, the kidnapping will occur before you go to Brynnlaw. Otherwise it would be as soon as you get to Athkatla after Underdark....but that might mean a 'Oh no! Shes been kidnapped!....OK, got her back....right, off to fight foul vamp! What? Again?!?!?! Whats wrong with the wench??' situation, which some people may find a little tiresome. (Basically, her kidnapping will take place before Bohdi-napping, no matter what, otherwise it screws everything up!....arrgghh! Head is spinning now...why do I let things get this complicated??). Basically, the first rescue will intensify her feelings towards the PC, which is needed, really, for Bohdi to want to vamp-nap her (and the ensuing LTs I have planned for afterwards... icon_biggrin.gif )

The other major Thought of the Day was how to approach a female romance. When it boils down to it, Fade would probably be a bit more comfortable pursuing a female romance, but due to the secret nature of her previous relationship with Ketta, she would do so on a subtle level (with the male romance, I would envision that the PC would have to do more legwork, as she's been treated very badly by men in the past). Now my idea is this....(please be honest in your thoughts about this, and how it might work!)
....Fade doesn't have any direct conflict with Anomen over the PC, and won't get offended if the PC is nice to Anomen (and basically encourages him). Because Anomen asks for nookie before he admits his undying love (umm, thats how I remember it! if I'm wrong....), if the PC accepts, Fade just, err, fades into the background, and it would be up to the PC to tell Anomen they have made a mistake and then pursue Fade. But if they turn Anomen down, Fade could find the PC in a bit of a shocked state, and ask her what's wrong....this could then trigger a talk that skirts around issues of sexuality etc (but not to declerations of love, they would come later on).

With a male romance, Fade will tease the other pursue-ies (although I think thats already obvious from above banter!), but won't 'fight for her man' because she doesn't want to admit to herself she's falling for him; she thinks she's being all cool n' collected n' funny by teasing the others, but is really unconciously laying her stake, which is something others will realise. Exactly how this will evolve, I shall have to see, because at the moment the LTs and banters are happening on an organic level based on these basic ideas (ie I make them up as I go along!!!) and details may change as I progress. But it's early days...so.... icon_biggrin.gif Please be patient!

On a lighter note, you'll be able to call her Honeykitten. For no other reason than the thought of giving a fiendling elf a cute nickname amuses me no end!

Offline Cybersquirt

• View Profile
    • Email
Spoiler
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 02:57:19 PM »
Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:08 am    

Mistress Elysia wrote:
....Fade doesn't have any direct conflict with Anomen over the PC, and won't get offended if the PC is nice to Anomen (and basically encourages him). Because Anomen asks for nookie before he admits his undying love (umm, thats how I remember it! if I'm wrong....), if the PC accepts, Fade just, err, fades into the background, and it would be up to the PC to tell Anomen they have made a mistake and then pursue Fade. But if they turn Anomen down, Fade could find the PC in a bit of a shocked state, and ask her what's wrong....this could then trigger a talk that skirts around issues of sexuality etc (but not to declerations of love, they would come later on).

I hope you want comments in here, sorry in advance if you don't. I think this is an excellent idea.. I hate the way the women bicker and pick at/on each other. Only problem I see with it is - will Fade not interact with the PC at all up to this point? I would think she'd be (at least) flirting with a female if she's more comfortable with a female.
Another thought - if she's a fiend, wouldn't she actually be more prone to jealousy? (visions of Annah)

Offline Cybersquirt

• View Profile
    • Email
Spoiler
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 02:57:20 PM »
Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:43 am    

Mistress Elysia wrote:
Would it really irritate people if Fade went awol twice?

It only bugs me when it's for long periods of time (more than 2 game days). It's also preferable if there's something to be done, on our part, to help kill that time. Of course, all of this is also affected by when it occurs and how attached we are to her at that point.

I hope I was a bit clearer than mud.

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 02:57:21 PM »
Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:41 am    

Thankyou for your response!

As for Fade disappearing...if you don't go after her quickly enough (when she's kidnapped by her former slave master) she'll be lost for good. so, basicaly, time will be of the essence if you want to get her back - and the quicker the better!!

As for the Anomen thing, this is my (very skeletal!) idea....

She would continue to flirt with the PC, and yes, she does get jealous, but because of her former relationship (with Ketta, another (female) slave) and how that was was used against her, she is incredibly wary of letting her feelings be known publicly. (The same goes for male PCs, but the reason for hiding her feelings then is because of her former treatment by men...she gets confused when she begins to fall for him!)

Sooo...
This is an age-old idea I had…just at the ‘thinking about it’ stage still... it’s done in my old banter style…as you can probably tell, I’ve been sitting on this one for some time now! I'm not sure how well it works, but it would avoid any bickering, especially as she almost stealth-flirts with female PCs… and Anomen wouldn’t realize anything was going on unless it was wrapped around a house brick and thrown at him!!!)

So, scenario. This is would happen almost straight away after Anomen makes his moves on you, and you turn him down. Feeling a little shocked, as you didn’t realise quite how deep Anomens attraction for you was, you leave him and go to your room / leave the group for some time to think. After a while you hear a soft tap on the door / someone cough nearby, obviously trying to get your attention…..

PC: …Please, I don’t want to hurt you, but….I need to be alone for a while. Sorry.

Fade: Err…you okay, ? You seemed a little distressed, and so I came to see if you were all right. I’ll go if you like…

PC: Oh, Fade! I thought you were…someone else. *smile*
1a) No, it’s okay, you can stay if you’d like. (see 2a)
1b) Thanks for the offer, but I really need some time to myself. (see 2b)

Fade:
2a) So….what’s troubling you?
2b) *smiles* Okay. You know where I am.

PC: *sighs* I’m…fine, Fade. I’ve just had a bit of a…shock, that’s all.

Fade: *nods* Do you want to talk about it?

PC:
3a) I don’t know…I…he…*sigh*
3b) Actually, no, I don’t. Sorry. .

Fade: *gently* I saw Anomen take you to one side. Has he said something to upset you? .

PC: No…not really…oh, it’s just that… He….he….he asked me to…stay with him tonight.

Fade: Really? *pauses* I see. I take it you said no.

PC: *nod*

Fade: Why?

PC:
4a) *angrily* what do you mean, why? I’m not some bloody harlot, you know, ready to accept any advance… (see 5a)
4b) *shocked* B…because I don’t love him, Fade! I couldn’t do …that…with someone I didn’t love. (see 5b)
4c) Because…I could never love him the way he wants me to…as a man…(see 5c)

Fade:
5a) *holds her hands up*I didn’t mean that, ! I am sorry if I offended you…maybe I should leave… (see 6a / 6b)
5b) *raises an eyebrow* You seem to …get along, though. I thought his feelings for you were pretty obvious. (see 6c)
5c) *looks thoughtful* I…see. So men aren’t…your thing, then? (see 6d)

PC:
6a) *curtly* Yes. Maybe you should.
6b) *sigh* No, it’s okay, I guess I’m just being over sensitive. I just…couldn’t. I value him as a friend, but I don’t love him. *smile* Big difference…. (see 5b)
6c) I didn’t mean to lead him on, you know. He’s had it so rough…I didn’t have the heart to be horrible to him. I really wanted to help him, with his sisters death and all. I guess he saw more into it than me. *sigh* But I suppose you are right. I did find some of the things he said to me a bit…odd, sometimes. I thought if I just ignored them, he would stop, but…. (see 7a)
6d) *shrug* Not really. I..I don’t know. I get so confused sometimes…(see 7b)

Fade:
7a) He didn’t? (see 8a)
7b) It’s OK to be confused, you know…I’m sure Anomen will understand… (see 6c)

PC:
8a) *chuckle* No, he didn’t. It felt really awful, you know, turning him down…he was so…earnest, like it meant the world to him. I just couldn’t tell him that I didn’t love him, that I lo…...

Fade: That you what?

PC: Err, no, it’s…nothing…just, you know….thinking out loud

Fade: *nods slowly*

PC: Anyway! It’s over now, I suppose we’ll just have to live with it. Thanks for listening and everything, Fade…

Fade: . . Any time.

See? It's a totally different kind of take on the whole 'got to chose' thing! But would it work…that’s the question…it would need some setting up, thats for sure! But can you see what I'm getting at?

Offline Sillara

• Retired Modder
  • Level 2
    • MSN Messenger - gilalion
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sk8pilmp
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - charisariel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gilalion.com
    • Email
Great Big Spoilers
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 02:57:22 PM »
Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:55 am    

Well, you know what I think about that part. icon_wink.gif I do like the difference in the choosing part, but upon further reflection, I agree with Cybersquirt. I think anyone with fiendish blood would be extremely prone to jealousy. Even if Fade did not tell the PC anything, she would certainly cut down Anomen. If you want any further ideas, just PM me. Don't want to put too many spoilers out!

Sillara

P.S. I hope this post shows up. I have been posting updates and making comments in various threads, but nothing has been marked "posted" for days on end! You can see the posts, but you will only find them if you happen to go to the thread and scroll to the end. Sigh.
Can you accept a necromancer? Can you trust a murderer? Can you love Tsujatha?
If you like Tsujatha, you should read his novels.
Natha ssin'urn lu' dwalc ilythiiri noamuth wund l' rivven: Yasraena zhah ghil!
Saerileth's bounty is as boundless as the sea; the more  she gives to you, the more she has, for her love is infinite.

Offline Sillara

• Retired Modder
  • Level 2
    • MSN Messenger - gilalion
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sk8pilmp
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - charisariel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gilalion.com
    • Email
Great Big Spoilers
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 02:57:23 PM »
Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:05 am    

Sorry about the double post. The button was stuck. But at least I showed up!!!! Hurrah!

SofT
Can you accept a necromancer? Can you trust a murderer? Can you love Tsujatha?
If you like Tsujatha, you should read his novels.
Natha ssin'urn lu' dwalc ilythiiri noamuth wund l' rivven: Yasraena zhah ghil!
Saerileth's bounty is as boundless as the sea; the more  she gives to you, the more she has, for her love is infinite.

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
Great Big Spoilers with huge bells and knobs on......
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2006, 02:57:24 PM »
Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:18 pm    

This is my dilemma! Same goes for her relationship with Viconia. I have written two COMPLETELY different scenarios for them! One is almost flirty, but doesn't read quite right. In the other, Viconia winds Fade up so much they fight (but not to the death), and depending on who the PC chastises for starting the fight will determine who he romances (it's not a 'weapons at the ready'- fight it's a girlie wrestle fist fight! icon_twisted.gif ) Since Fade does have an awful temper, I am leaning towards the fist fight at the moment...

As for Anomen...arrggh! Again, I have so many different paths I could go with him...originally, the above idea was an attempt at trying to add variety into the conflict dilemma. But add Fades temper and her generally fiery nature...it might work that she is jealous, and teases him, sometimes cruelly, to expunge this jealousy. However, because she is (initially) in denial about her own feelings, she won't confront him over his intentions. Hmmm....Maybe I can turn this situation around? Anomen catching Fade and the PC talking and being a little over-friendly?

Oh, when did this get so bloody complicated!! icon_lol.gif

Maybe she'll just punch Anomen and be done with it....

Thanks for all your feedback!

Elysia
xx

Offline Cybersquirt

• View Profile
    • Email
Spoiler
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2006, 02:57:25 PM »
Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:08 am    

Okay, if we must rush off to get Fade that should be cool. good beta testing ferets any timing problems.

Quote:
Maybe she'll just punch Anomen and be done with it....

ROFL! Yeah baby! Finally! icon_wink.gif

I've only played Anomen's romance once.. it didn't take me long to inadvertantly kill it (the romance, not Anomen) icon_rolleyes.gif

Without knowing how all the scenes play out (and being unsure just how much I really want to be spoiled) I'll leave it in your competent hands. I'd rather her humiliate Anomen as opposed to waiting ( icon_eek.gif ) for him to ask us to lay with him (or whatever it is he says) for Fade to approach us as that occurs several LT's into his romance doesn't it? The other way would be: instead of it triggering on that event, you could always just code it to AnomenRomance=3. But, again, you're writing it and I don't want to miss out on what you think is the best scenario - does that make sense?

Quote:
(it's not a 'weapons at the ready'- fight it's a girlie wrestle fist fight!)
icon_surprised.gif heh, I'm really curious how Fade would bring Viconia to that point, or is it the other way around? I'd love to see more of Viconia's sexuality being explored icon_twisted.gif ..but something tells me that might not end happily either.

I'll leave it all to your discretion. If it really gets that confusing, however, and you want a third/fourth.. opinion, let me know.

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2006, 02:57:26 PM »
Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:52 pm    

Thanks for your offer! (Oh you are sooo going to regret that!!).

With Viconia...I'll send you over what I've got so far. See what you think... icon_biggrin.gif It's....complicated, to say the least. Fade and Viconia actually come from very similar backgrounds, although Fades didn't have the religious indoctrination (and females aren't automaticaly seen as superior - Fade was a noble, however, and so commanded some measure of respect.) Her initial alignment was Chaotic Evil before her enslavement (her alignment change indicates her learning a different world view through her experiences, but there is no way she is 'good', and I have no intention of making her 'good'. I love CN, as it means you can act unpredictably, so ergo however you damn well please!)

The basic premise is that Viconia winds Fade up that Fade threatens to physically shut her up...obviously sensing that Fade isn't joking around (once the tail lashing and the growling starts, you know you're in trouble!) she begins to cast a spell, and Fade just cannons into her, knocking her to the ground. There's no finesse to it, it's just pure anger on Fades part. *shrugs* I don't know...(I don't seem to know much at the moment, do I?? Mod making isn't for those that want to sleep, I can tell you! icon_lol.gif )

icon_wink.gif
Elysia
xx

Offline Cybersquirt

• View Profile
    • Email
Great Big Spoilers with huge bells
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2006, 02:57:27 PM »
Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:27 am    

Mistress Elysia wrote:
(Oh you are sooo going to regret that!!).
promises, promises icon_razz.gif

Quote:
(her alignment change indicates her learning a different world view through her experiences, but there is no way she is 'good', and I have no intention of making her 'good'. I love CN, as it means you can act unpredictably, so ergo however you damn well please!)

good on ungood.. uh.. icon_confused.gif ..anyway, I'm sure you know what I mean. the only problem with CN is that they also tend to unreliable and untrustworty as well. (or maybe I'm making things too academic by reading into the whole alignment thing) ..obviously it'd be too much of a stretch to go from CE to TN, NE wouldn't be as such.. but you'd loose the chaotic aspect - which is essential as well. (hmm.. I think aloud too much, and that reads like babble, but that's what I was indecisively thinking)

Quote:
The basic premise is that Viconia winds Fade up that Fade threatens to physically shut her up...obviously sensing that Fade isn't joking around (once the tail lashing and the growling starts, you know you're in trouble!) she begins to cast a spell, and Fade just cannons into her, knocking her to the ground. There's no finesse to it, it's just pure anger on Fades part. *shrugs* I don't know

a very reasonable scenario. I was thinking more about the dialogues, so I'll wait patiently. icon_wink.gif

..and, not to confuse the issue, but you could include both wherein encouragement or discouragement, on your part, would lead to one scenario or the other. seems to me a discouraged Fade would be more likely to get angry, no?

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 02:57:28 PM »
Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:31 am    

Quote:
..and, not to confuse the issue, but you could include both wherein encouragement or discouragement, on your part, would lead to one scenario or the other. seems to me a discouraged Fade would be more likely to get angry, no?

This is where Fades past comes in. She used to get angry...very, very angry, to a point where she would attack slave masters, and physical punishments and torture didn't work. Then her slave masters found a perfect way to punish her - through Ketta. Through torturing Ketta, and forcing Fade to watch, they 'tamed' her. This is why she is so reticent about her feelings - they've been used against her before, as has her anger. She has an (irrational but understandable) fear that by losing it, she'll hurt the ones she loves...in this case, it's the PC. So even if she gets rejected, if you've saved her from the slavers (which you have to if you want her to stay in the party!), she'll always have a touch of the 'unrequiteds', and will behave herself to a point. So...if Viconia (or any other love rival) loses out to her, it's OK, she's got the PC and she'll be good. If she loses out to them, it'll upset the PC if she attacks them, or gets over-angry, so she keeps it in check.

I think that makes sense!
icon_wink.gif
Elysia
xx