Author Topic: Fade Progress Report 2  (Read 30507 times)

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • http://mistresselysia.deviantart.com/
Fade Progress Report 2
« on: October 23, 2006, 02:31:51 AM »
The other thread was getting a bit big and hard to navigate, so I'm opening this new one with a completely updated 'Done' and 'To Do' list.

At the moment, I'm sticking to ToB material - as soon as Sil has got through her exams, I'll see if we can sit down and make a list of all the things that have been done / need doing for SoA too.

Offshoot dialogues = dialogues the PC has about events regarding Fade, but Fade is either not there to comment OR small, reactionary dialogues to triggered events (such as being resurrected).

TOB PROGRESS

COMPLETED AS OF 23/10/06

- Saradush: First LT, incident, Destruction of Saradush.
- Master Wraith Encounter +2 LT's.
- Small optional path - completely finished (1 LT, up to 3 offshoot dialogues).
- Larger optional path - 6 LT's complete, 1 offshoot dialogue complete
- Solar choice and 5 Epilogues (1 general and 4 romance).
- Oasis fight dialogue
- 3 'fluffy' LT's
- 2 additional 'prophecy' LT's (in addition to the 2 Saradush ones, the 2 Master Wraith ones, the Oasis fight one and the Solar ones - 8 'serious' LT's in total at the moment).
- First encounter with Pasha's guards (prelude to Pasha's Palace mini quest)

'TO DO' LIST AS OF 23/10/06

- Area interjections / reactions for Saradush.
- Finish 1 half finished LT for large optional path (will have 7 LT's in total) + 2 'offshoot' dialogues.
- 2 'prophecy' LT's (bring total up to 10 'serious' LT's)
- Area Interjections / reactions in Amkethran.
- Pasha's Palace mini quest (there is a good chance this may not be in the - first release as it is time consuming and needs a lot of work).
- NPC dialogues
- New flirts (these may remain the same as global 2 SoA flirts initially - more will be added over time).
- A couple of LT's if the PC did not sleep with Fade in SoA (haven't decided how many, but they will probably mainly be SoA re-hashes for continuity's sake)
- Fade's arrival at the pocketplane (if she has not been travelling with the PC and is summoned)

If I've forgotten anything, I'll add it in later.

I was actually surprised by how much has actually been written - the main bulk of the work has been done, and I am now mainly finishing up a few LT's and adding area interjections, NPC dialogues and 'connection' talks (very short comments and dialogues that connect certain events / LT's) as well as correcting some grammar and re-phrasing a few lines.

Offline K'aeloree

• Level 1
    • MSN Messenger - liamlala@nornrock.com
    • View Profile
    • http://emptyminds.net/phorum/
    • Email
Fade Progress Report 2
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 04:04:24 PM »
Awesome! :D I can't wait for Fade ToB - finally, the ability to take one of my very favourite NPCs through both games... :)

Offline Calemyr

• View Profile
Fade Progress Report 2
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 04:08:38 PM »
All right! I have been waiting with baited breath for this mod. Your character is quite interesting. Fortunately, I'll soon have Neverwinter Nights 2 to keep me distracted until it's released.

Actually... one question. Is there anything that your first ToB release will have regarding the SoA segment of the game that the current release does not?
"Think yourself brave enough to face me? Perhaps bravery is not enough!" - Lassal

"Bravery... stupidity... whatever gets the job done." - Calemyr

(Now *that's* my kind of hero!)

"If your opponent is of a choleric nature, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

"If yer fighting a hothead, piss 'em off. Trust me, they'll screw up." - Elinbo Monde

Offline tempest4

• View Profile
Fade Progress Report 2
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 06:36:42 PM »
Glad to see this is still going-the era of BG2 mods seems to have largely passed, but I'm happy to see that you're still going strong!
"Insanity: A perfectly sane response to an insane universe."

Offline theacefes

• Global Moderator
  • Level 3
  • XTREME METAL ROCKER PUNK CHICK WITH ULTRA SURFBOARD
    • MSN Messenger - bohdi2185@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - bohdi2185
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - theacefes@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
    • Email
Fade Progress Report 2
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 10:13:04 PM »
Dunno about that, modding communities seems to be releasing a mod once every few weeks.  :?
-Ace
NPC Creation Guide - Latest Version
My Music Reels (mod-related and others)

Magical Unicorns - Because ponies are so last year.

theacefes: People probably look at our pictures and think "hmm one admin looks psychotic and the other looks like Captain Picard..."
grimsqueaker: TOGETHER THEY FIGHT CRIME

Offline darkestrain86

• AOL Instant Messenger - darkestrain86
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - darkestrain86
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/renegadewarrior
    • Email
Fade Progress Report 2
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 10:14:54 PM »
tThis is wonderful news i cant wait for the finished progress im so excited. This NPC is on of my favorites of all time and the effort  and work that has gone into her is MUCH appreciated!
Robbie aka Dark Lord Malaki

Offline Redrake

• God of Frustration
  • Modders
  • Level 4
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - remildragos
    • View Profile
    • A lawyerish website
    • Email
Fade Progress Report 2
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 01:09:29 AM »
Quote from: "theacefes"
Dunno about that, modding communities seems to be releasing a mod once every few weeks.  :?

This isn't just a product of a modding community. :x  
This is Fade. :P

Surrender or be squished!

Offline Hide and Seek

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Fade Progress Report 2
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 04:44:23 AM »
What I always have wondered, will the Guarded Compound be available for those who doesn't take Fade along with them and allows her kidnapping to take place?

Once, I heard that if you didn't have Fade in your party, the door to the compound would be open after Underdark. But that didn't seem to be the case, so I might have misunderstood the fact that Fade wouldn't be kidnapped, and the door unavailable until after Underdark.

Not that I need to run into the guarded compound every round, it would just be nice to be able to go in there without the aid of Fade. Good luck, by the way. I'm awaiting the arrival of Fade ToB with great anticipation.  :D
Future Sights and dreams:
The "Chosen" warrior - a tool of destiny.
The Bhaal - Hunters.
The Firesoul and the Icequeen.
The Favored of Cyric alternative?

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
Fade Progress Report 2
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 04:52:51 AM »
The current state of the GC is just a work around - it opens no matter what after Underdark. In all future versions, it will be open from the beginning of the game, as per the unmodded game, and so having Fade will have no bearing whatsoever on the state of that area anymore. I would be rather stupid not to do this, considering everything. The opening of this area was (and is) probably the most vital thing to be done. I was tempted to make another interim release with this opened, but it's swings and roundabouts - there are bound to be people annoyed that the ToB material hasn't been released. I'll talk to Sil - if she's done it (the coding for the GC), I'll chuck out an interim release.

EDIT: Okay, just emailed Sil.

EDIT 2: Just got a reply - Sil is going to try to sort it out ASAP. She reckons it shouldn't take more than a day for her to sort it out and play test, so hopefully that section of things will be forever fixed. I'll then have to send the files off to get hosted. I won't be announcing this as a release, though, because there won't be any ToB material included - there will just be a message here to say that the mod no longer has any affect whatsoever on the GC (apart from you having to go there and rescue Fade from there is you so wish to). It does also mean that if you clear it out earlier, the only opponent you face upon her rescue will be Mallon. ;)

Offline Redrake

• God of Frustration
  • Modders
  • Level 4
    • View Profile
    • A lawyerish website
    • Email
Fade Progress Report 2
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 09:04:57 AM »
Quote from: "Hide and Seek"
What I always have wondered, will the Guarded Compound be available for those who doesn't take Fade along with them and allows her kidnapping to take place?

When's the last time you checked Fade's updates? There is what Mistress E said, a work around, a patch that opens that area. You can get your flashy katana when you hit chapter 6 no matter what. :P

Offline Hide and Seek

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Fade Progress Report 2
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 12:45:10 PM »
Quote from: "Hide and Seek"
Once, I heard that if you didn't have Fade in your party, the door to the compound would be open after Underdark. But that didn't seem to be the case, so I might have misunderstood the fact that Fade wouldn't be kidnapped, and the door unavailable until after Underdark.

Quote from: "Redrake"

When's the last time you checked Fade's updates? There is what Mistress E said, a work around, a patch that opens that area. You can get your flashy katana when you hit chapter 6 no matter what. :P

That's the odd thing. It was not that long ago I tried that, and no Fade, no door. Then again, it might be a bad install, or some other problem. Seems I'll not get that mistake with the new Fade contents.
Future Sights and dreams:
The "Chosen" warrior - a tool of destiny.
The Bhaal - Hunters.
The Firesoul and the Icequeen.
The Favored of Cyric alternative?

Offline Redrake

• God of Frustration
  • Modders
  • Level 4
    • View Profile
    • A lawyerish website
    • Email
Fade Progress Report 2
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 01:21:04 PM »
You need to install Fade, add the patch and then re-install Fade. This is how it works.

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
Fade Progress Report 2
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006, 06:28:00 AM »
SO FAR SO GOOD...

Sil sent me the amended .baf for the Guarded Compound today.

I've dropped the file in (replacing the old one) and tested on a new game and a saved game - both worked fine - the GC is now open from scratch. However, I do need to test to see if things are fine for the actual encounter.

The new interim version will be called 'Fade SOA Version 3', simply because I can't keep saying this is a beta!! :D

I may also increase the frequency of the LT's slighty, since there is a lot of material and people are having to CLUA in later LT's to see them all.

Once I've finished testing, I shall be sending the file along to Sillara for hosting - expect to see a proper update in a day or so.

:)

Offline darkestrain86

• AOL Instant Messenger - darkestrain86
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - darkestrain86
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/renegadewarrior
    • Email
Fade Progress Report 2
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2006, 11:51:06 PM »
Sweet godess this is awsome cant wait to see it come out.
Robbie aka Dark Lord Malaki

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
Fade Progress Report 2
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2006, 02:46:52 PM »
:)

Sorry 'bout this - it's taken me a bit longer to sort stuff out. I thought I had come across a problem, so I have been playtesting with a new install - turns out that thankfully it was my crappy install and not the mod! Just played the entire kidnapping out with the new .baf - cleared out GC well before the event and the kidnapping played out fine. :D Just sent the files to Sillara, so as soon as they're up, I'll make sure you're all told.

(NB: just to say that this just opens the GC - the treatment talk is still a timed affair. Obviously, the goal is to integrate this into the standard LTs, but that will take time to adjust the coding).

I've also shortened the LT timer just a teeny bit so hopefully people won't have to CLUA so much in the future :)