Author Topic: Assertion error in Naskel mines  (Read 3179 times)

Offline PaleJenova

• View Profile
    • Email
Assertion error in Naskel mines
« on: August 27, 2006, 07:52:22 PM »
I just downloaded the DS mod for my son; I installed over a fresh Baldur's Gate (6 disc) game, and have no other mods installed.

When he tries to enter the third level of the Naskel mines, the following message comes up (and the game crashes):

An Assertion failed in d:\dev\baldur\objcreature.cpp at line number 10806

I have played Baldur's Gate (without the mod) all the way through myself, so . . . any ideas on what is causing this?

Offline Red Carnelian

• Global Moderator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • The Stone of Askavar
Assertion error in Naskel mines
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 04:07:39 AM »
Did you patch BG/TotSC to version 5512? the patch is on disc 6 if you didn't.

Also there is a patch for DS in the fixes thread have you tried that as it fixes a crash in the Nashkel mines. All you have to do is copy all the files in the patch folder into the overide folder of your Baldurs Gate directory.
Little is known of Nirel, a powerful cleric who could resist the spells of his enemies. However, history does record that he was a vile zealot whose hatred for followers of other faiths knew almost no bounds. It is said that he kept the heads of his victims as trophies and was personally responsible for defiling over one hundred temples of other faiths. In the centuries since, his mace has appeared in the hands of evil clerics across the Realms.