Author Topic: ???????  (Read 5084 times)

Offline Thorn

• View Profile
???????
« on: July 19, 2006, 04:19:27 PM »
recently downloaded DSoTC and the latest patch, but while trying to install them, I get an error message that says that ToSC is not installed. When I tried to run ToSC, I got the following error message

"An Assertation failed in D\Dev\Baldur\UIControlButtons.cpp at line number 302"

Any ideas what might have caused this?

yeah, I know the games are older than dirt, but dammit they're still a ton and a half of fun!!!
Embrace the wild ways and do not fear them, for the wild ways are the good ways.

Offline Solaufein

• Lord of the Realms
  • Administrator
  • Level 5
  • The night is dark and full of terrors...
    • ICQ Messenger - 251194643
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - gscott7833
    • View Profile
    • http://teambg.net
???????
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 05:13:03 AM »
You may have a bad install of Tales of the Darkside. Darkside has a check on the installer to see if you have Tales installed and it saying that you do not, so my guess is a bad install of Tales. You will probably have to reinstall TotS.
My mods:
Dark Horizons
The Undying
Nikita
IWD2 store

Co-contributor:
Dark Side of the Sword Coast BG1 Weidu
Aurils Bane
Encounters
Saerileth
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Offline Thorn

• View Profile
???????
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 06:48:16 AM »
I reinstalled TotSC, twice, but the Darkside installer is still telling me that it's not installed.  :confused:
Embrace the wild ways and do not fear them, for the wild ways are the good ways.

Offline Red Carnelian

• Global Moderator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • The Stone of Askavar
???????
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 10:28:56 AM »
What version of DS do you have?

Also are you running the 6 disc set of TotSC?
Little is known of Nirel, a powerful cleric who could resist the spells of his enemies. However, history does record that he was a vile zealot whose hatred for followers of other faiths knew almost no bounds. It is said that he kept the heads of his victims as trophies and was personally responsible for defiling over one hundred temples of other faiths. In the centuries since, his mace has appeared in the hands of evil clerics across the Realms.

Offline Thorn

• View Profile
???????
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 12:09:16 PM »
yes, I have the 6 disc version of TotSC

and the version I have of DSotSC is 1.02, with the 2.5 patch

Offline Red Carnelian

• Global Moderator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • The Stone of Askavar
???????
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 12:41:07 PM »
Did you patch TotSC to v1.3.5512?
Little is known of Nirel, a powerful cleric who could resist the spells of his enemies. However, history does record that he was a vile zealot whose hatred for followers of other faiths knew almost no bounds. It is said that he kept the heads of his victims as trophies and was personally responsible for defiling over one hundred temples of other faiths. In the centuries since, his mace has appeared in the hands of evil clerics across the Realms.

Offline Thorn

• View Profile
???????
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 12:46:13 PM »
no, I don't think so. I downloaded the BG Fixpack from Baldurdash, but to be honest, have no clue where I could find v1.3.5512.

actually, amend that. I had forgotten that Google is my friend.

Offline Red Carnelian

• Global Moderator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • The Stone of Askavar
???????
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 01:31:22 PM »
The TotSC patch is on the TotSC disc. Once you have the patch installed try installing DS again. Don't bother with the baldudash fixes as they are untested with DS. DS corrects a lot of things anyhow.