Author Topic: More Yoshi  (Read 4994 times)

Offline Silver Shifter

• View Profile
More Yoshi
« on: April 05, 2006, 11:18:34 AM »
Not sure if this fits into what you were thinking of but the Yoshi mod seems to be dead.

How about bringing Yoshi back into ToB!

Did I ever mention that we were THIS close to bringing Yoshimo back to life (sort of) in ToB? Actually, he would have been undead, kinda...but Ilmater would have restored him to semi-life to repay his debt of guilt for betraying the PC (if that had happened...and, of course, if Yoshimo's heart had been surrendered to Ilmater). People would have gotten their full thief back (with some cool new abilities), and he would strike a tragic pose as someone who was waiting to die again...but wanted to die in peace.

I thought it was a cool story, anyway. But we just ended up deciding that our time was better spent elsewhere.

David Gaider

Design, Bioware corp.

So sound like something you could do?

Offline Tameon the Dragoon

• Level 1
    • View Profile
More Yoshi
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 12:22:48 PM »
I was really, really tempted to do something similar to this when I was on the IEP Team, but decided it cheapened Yoshimo's death a bit too much. Still, it'd be interesting to see.  :)
She has lived her life hunted and hated. Can you show Kari the compassion she deserves? The Kari the Kobold mod is now in Beta!

Offline Silk

• Level 1
    • MSN Messenger - a_rose_of_silk@yahoo.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - a_rose_of_silk
    • View Profile
    • Email
More Yoshi
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 12:40:33 PM »
Hell, I didn't want him to die in the first place.  I would happily have killed Aerie, though.

The only problem with bringing Yoshi back is that there would be no voicing for banters/interjections - only the standard voiceset (a voiceset I consider to be one of the best in the game).

If Bioware's time was better spent elsewhere, why didn't they flesh out Valygar or Cernd?

Sorry if that sounds a little rough, it's been a bad night and I'm absolutely exhausted.

~Eagles may soar but weasels do not get sucked into jet engines~

~Alpha and Beta tester for Beyond The Law~

~ Beta Tester for Reaver Kit~

~Some say that our destinies may be read in the stars, that the plans of the gods are revealed to those who but know where to look.  They speak it true but their location is false, for I have seen my destiny shining in your eyes~ (Anomen, from the PPG Flirt Pack)

~Portrait with permission from Rabain of The Black Wyrm Lair~

Offline theacefes

• Global Moderator
  • Level 3
  • XTREME METAL ROCKER PUNK CHICK WITH ULTRA SURFBOARD
    • MSN Messenger - bohdi2185@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - bohdi2185
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - theacefes@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
    • Email
More Yoshi
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 03:06:15 PM »
Bringing back Yoshimo would destroy an important part of what little story Bioware had left to give.
-Ace
NPC Creation Guide - Latest Version
My Music Reels (mod-related and others)

Magical Unicorns - Because ponies are so last year.

theacefes: People probably look at our pictures and think "hmm one admin looks psychotic and the other looks like Captain Picard..."
grimsqueaker: TOGETHER THEY FIGHT CRIME

Offline K'aeloree

• Level 1
    • MSN Messenger - liamlala@nornrock.com
    • View Profile
    • http://emptyminds.net/phorum/
    • Email
More Yoshi
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 11:37:02 PM »
We've discussed this in the private forum, and indeed, we came to the conclusion to leave sleeping Yoshimo's lie. :(

Sorry to all you Yoshimo fans, but this mod isn't 'Unfinished Business', but 'The NCP Interaction *Expansion* Pack'. We won't be adding in new NPCs, but improving and expanding the current ones.

Of course, we'd be happy to expand SoA Yoshimo, but no, we won't be altering his quest; there are mods that do this already. If you don't like those mods, I suggest you make your own, lol.

Sorry to be blunt, and big hugs to those Yoshimo fans who wanted him back, but no. :(

Offline AEnemia

• MSN Messenger - dungeon_master89@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
More Yoshi
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 07:17:27 AM »
Quote from: "Silk"

The only problem with bringing Yoshi back is that there would be no voicing for banters/interjections - only the standard voiceset (a voiceset I consider to be one of the best in the game).

Eh, that isn't that bad.  The Kivan mod has the same problem, but it's still an awesome mod despite the lack of voicing.  Of course, I probably wouldn't feel that way if the writing wasn't so good.

http://www.freeforum101.com/forum/index.php?mforum=zombieeurope&sid=5a51b6363286c09701c3dda02aecd644
ZEN: Organize before they rise!
"I'll give up all my life to be IN THE BOOK OF HEAVY METAL!"  http://tinyurl.com/gs69q

Offline Zyraen

• Level 2
    • MSN Messenger - zyraen@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
More Yoshi
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 01:46:23 AM »
Is this Mod even still being worked on?
SoAVer
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps and redistribution, and more.

Offline Riviera

• View Profile
More Yoshi
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 07:22:32 PM »
As long as I get more Yoshi in SOA, I'm happy.

He was one of my favorite characters, despite the later developments.

There just aren't enough cheerful folks.

He's ALWAYS in my group, and not just for plot reasons.  :-)

Offline Simon Darkshade

• MSN Messenger - sdarkshade@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
More Yoshi
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 01:42:52 PM »
There is definitely going to be a fair bit of Yoshi dialogue, interjections and some other little goodies coming. He is part of the list of soon to be covered npcs.
They'll say 'Here lies Druss the Legend, who was never mean, petty, nor needlessly cruel. Here was a man who never gave in, never compromised his ideals, never betrayed a friend, never despoiled a woman and never used his strength against the weak.' They'll say 'He had no sons, but many a woman asleep with her babes slept more soundly for knowing Druss stood with the Drenai.' They'll say many things, whitebeard. Through many generations they will say them, and men with no strength will find strength when they hear them."

"That would be pleasant," said the old man, smiling.