Author Topic: help - spoiler request and a question  (Read 22985 times)

Offline johnbo

• MSN Messenger - johnbo@onvol.net
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - john74
    • View Profile
    • Email
help - spoiler request and a question
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2006, 09:37:28 AM »
Regarding Jermien, it worked ok for me.  Major spoiler ahead >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You first have to kill Rayic Gethras (the wizard in the docks). He has papers on him, linked to Jermien.  Hope this helps

Offline Scathach

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2006, 09:44:44 AM »
Um... somehow I had assumed that killing Rayic was automatically done by everyone before going to the Umar Hills, because it is something that one usually does as one of the very first things, especially if one knows that Renal's help will be needed... but of course it is perfectly possible *not* to kill Rayic first. Until now, that never even occurred to me. ;-)

But in this case... don't you *have* to have killed Rayic to get the piece of evidence concerning Dayven? If I remember correctly, Renal only agrees to help you after you have done the Mae'Var quest, and don't you *have* to kill Rayic to do that?
Dá fhada an oíche tagann an camhaoir
- However long the night, the dawn will come
[/i]

Offline Zyraen

• Level 2
    • MSN Messenger - zyraen@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2006, 09:56:12 AM »
Well maybe you guys killed Rayic but didn't pick up the note, ne?
SoAVer
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps and redistribution, and more.

Offline ZophielOne

• AOL Instant Messenger - CoyoteQuixotic
    • View Profile
Hurmm...would make sense...
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2006, 01:25:22 PM »
Well, I did kill Rayic...and after checking my inventory (against the goods I should have recieved from him after looting--I've sold nothing so far), it would appear that in some random resurgence of religious ethics (playing a paladin), I neglected to pilfer his corpse.

This is probably the missing trigger I mentioned earlier, as Jermien mentioned nothing about the crimes or Kova, and Kiyone brought nothing up about them.

I will try to reload a save prior to Rayic's death, in the hopes of finding this note.    Fortunately I didn't do many other quests (unless you count scouring the entire city map for evidence :-) ) since I wanted to gather the evidence first--and thusly avoid, or in some cases limit, the many nasty encounters with knights, thieves, and enforcers (although the thieves are a great source of potions  :D)

I hope this is simply a silly mistake on the player's part, as bugs are annoying to correct and negligence is usually reversible (except when it leads to death , :P)

Thanks again.  One day, when I am done or nearly complete with this mod, I will post a praise-laden review.

Offline Zyraen

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2006, 07:17:51 PM »
I have tested this portion myself even prior to the Beta release.

Things that do not matter according to my previous testing
1) Whether you get the Note from Rayic's body or after the Mae'Var is dead
2) Whether you've already completed the mimic quest

As long as you get the Note and Kiyone and Kova says a few words, you can head over to find Jermien. You don't have to take the note with you.

You may not need to reload to get the note, nor maybe even step into Rayic's home.
SoAVer

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps and redistribution, and more.

Offline Zyraen

• Level 2
    • View Profile
SoAVer

Offline kenzeitak

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2006, 04:51:13 PM »
*Jermien runs off without leaving evidence in Umar Hills.
*No notes dropped from cowled wizard Rayic Gethras.

Tried to clua both his entries and nothing on his inventory. Is it possible to clua the note he is supposed to drop?

I think i killed him and finished the Mae'var plot before i picked up Kova. This could be solved by adding the notes to one of his bookcases or the like using a script when Kova joins. Checking if the MAEVARWORK global is 6 which means the plot is done.

Any thoughts?

Offline kenzeitak

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2006, 06:14:03 AM »
Solved it!

I cluad the note that Rayic Gethras drops! Its CreateItem("RayNote"), after that there will be short banter and notes of contacting Jermien appears.
Now you can revisit his home in Umar Hills and he will be there =)

Hope this helps! Regards