Author Topic: Translation-related help  (Read 2566 times)

Offline Silmarien

• View Profile
    • Email
Translation-related help
« on: January 27, 2006, 11:58:18 PM »
I'm testing out the French translation for Fade, and weird stuff's been happening. During Fade's banters with Bioware NPCs (it's happened with Viconia, Yoshimo and Minsc so far), where the first line of the banter is supposed to be spoken by the other NPC, the dialogue screen pops up with the NPC's portrait but no text. But when I hit continue, the dialogue continues on to the end with no problems. Anyone know what could be going on?
Random Thoughts From My Ivory Tower

Offline Silmarien

• View Profile
    • Email
Translation-related help
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 06:49:39 AM »
Okay, now the same thing is happening even with the original English version. I'm hoping it's just a bad case of Uninstalling and Reinstalling Multiple Mods Multiple Times. Going to try a full uninstall-reinstall and see if it works.

Offline Stargazer

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Translation-related help
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 10:42:49 AM »
AFAIK, the problems with last week's release of the french version were:

- 2 .tra files not installing, though they were present in the archive
- a few "~" missing in various .tra files ( corrections have been made in the updated files Mistress E sent
you a few days ago )
- something wrong in the .tp2 file

A small provisional patch was made by a friend of mine on the french forum for those that had already started
a new game with the translated version. Seems it has all the problems fixed. The link will be deactivated
as soon as your corrected version is available, so if you want to have a look at it before it's off,
here's the link: http://akadis.free.fr/PublicBG2/

( "Patch pour la traduction franšaise du mod Fade" )

Offline Silmarien

• View Profile
    • Email
Translation-related help
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 04:40:22 AM »
Good that it seems to have all the problems fixed.    :-D   As long as people are playing and enjoying the mod, that's the most important thing.