Author Topic: Fade SoA Beta 2.2 / V0.5 (with French translation)  (Read 12264 times)

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • http://mistresselysia.deviantart.com/
Fade SoA Beta 2.2 / V0.5 (with French translation)
« on: January 23, 2006, 01:07:18 PM »
:D Fade beta 2.2 / V0.5 with french translation for SoA available for download here

(Depending on how you perceive it depends on the version... there's still no ToB content (yet!) so I didn't want to call it V1, but all the patch stuff has now been incorporated into the mod so the previous patch is obsolete with this new version).

Thanks to Stargazer for the translation! (He is a star indeed ;-) ).

PLEASE READ - IMPORTANT!!!!!! (Updated 6/3/06)

New version available now - the translation seems to be working fine without the patch now (I've tested it and it worked for me!). The Guarded Compund will also open no matter what in Chapter 6 (work around until ToB content coded - I'm writing the new material for an empty Guarded Compound now)

Elysia
xx

Offline Princeps

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/s_norr
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 01:24:22 PM »
:thumbsup:

Offline Lord Kain

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/12483/
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 01:28:10 PM »
As tempted as I am, i'm going to wait untill v1 is out as I find it quite a pain to uninstail and reinstail new versions of a mod. things go wrong very often for me.

Besides I want to be able to play with my honeykitten all the way to ToB next time.
"Who--who are you?"
"Who? Who is but the form following the function of what... and what I am is a man in a mask."
"I can see that"
"Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking on the paradox of asking a masked man who he is."

Offline Stargazer

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: Fade SoA Beta 2 / V0.5 (with French translation)
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 05:06:16 PM »
Quote from: "Mistress Elysia"

Thanks to Stargazer for the translation! (He is a star indeed ;-) ).

I'm the one who should thank you. Translating such good material, especially the LTs, is hard but
rewarding work. You're an incredibly talented writer and I just hope your style, your sense of humour
and the way you managed to input very realistic and heartbreaking emotions in Fade's banters
have made it to the french version.  :)

Offline Red Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 01:02:32 AM »
Just downloaded my first copy. Hey, what is *that*? Looks like the backup folder needs a bit of cleaning before I install it.  :D

I took a peep at the dialogs and it seems I'll spend a very pleasurable week-end, thanks to Fade.   :cool:

Offline Red Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 01:29:35 AM »
Since my TOB CD is broken, I'd thought I'd first check the install before the much anticipated week-end...

Well, something went astray.

TP2: EXTEND_BOTTOM ~ar0900.bcs~ ~Fade\Scripts\E3AR0900.baf~

I hope nothing important happens in this area because the file E3AR0900.baf is missing from the scripts folder.

And regrettably too, the French will have to wait a while longer before playing it and at least until the TP2 is sorted out.
COMPILE ~Fade\Dialogues\Fade.d~
USING ~Fade\English\Fade.tra~

COMPILE ~Fade\Dialogues\BE3Fade.d~
USING ~Fade\English\BE3Fade.tra~

Seems   ~Fade/%s/BE3Fade.tra~ was omitted.

Well, I wasn't going to play it in French, but the area thingy gets me slightly worried.

PS: If that's already been posted elsewhere, well nevermind.

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • http://mistresselysia.deviantart.com/
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 01:48:12 AM »
Yeah - both things have been mentioned in the dreaded bugs thread ;-) . Sil has removed a script from the Temple District and it seems like it's having a sulk about it - you would have thought that ADDING the script would cause the bugs, not restoring it back to its original state!

We'll sort 'em out! (Well, Sil will. I'll just stand there looking useless for a while, chipping in with the occasional useless comment just for good measure ;-) )

Offline Red Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 04:15:14 AM »
Quote from: "Mistress Elysia"
We'll sort 'em out! (Well, Sil will. ....)

Me too! My SoA conversions of released NPCs for TOB without any TOB content is fortunately getting much faster these days. I already completed Fade's TOB-is-required conversion to SoA-only-will-suit-me-much-better-thank-you.  :)
Unfortunately and when I find a bug in the game, I usually don't know whether it stems from my lack of TOB or if I stumbled upon a genuine bug (some just keep crawling forth). That's how I usually end up with my very own coded version of the NPC.
Hey, if the dialogs are great then it's certainly worth the effort. :cool: