Author Topic: Best Quests for a quick 15,000  (Read 12682 times)

Offline Lord Kain

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/12483/
    • Email
Best Quests for a quick 15,000
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2006, 07:25:33 PM »
the wand cost was a bug that I believe has been fixed in later versions.
"Who--who are you?"
"Who? Who is but the form following the function of what... and what I am is a man in a mask."
"I can see that"
"Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking on the paradox of asking a masked man who he is."

Offline Mahokenshi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2006, 03:38:03 PM »
Oh. Sorry.  :o

I downloaded that less than a month ago though ... .

Anyway, I did go right to the sewers and did the tough sewer fight right away with the five NPCs you can get by then (Minsc, Jaheria, Yoshimo, Aerie, Keldorn). My PC was a berserker. Aside from the Mail of the Dead and Kedorn's Orange Firecam Jammies, we all relied on Chateax Irenicus Splint Mail. It's a really rough fight but with divide and conquer (and every single oil of speed you've got by that point) it's doable. Even keeping the two full plate sets, I found I had juuuust about 15 000 when combined with the money from Irenicus's dongeon and the circus.

You could always do the Unseeing Eye quest the easy way, too. Talk to Gaal and get the key. Then beat up him and his buddies, and wax the Beholder. It's a BLIND beholder, so no eyeball rays; and I never have trouble with it at low levels. Go back to the helm temple for 7500 quick bucks, and use the key to go get the other goodies later. You miss a bit of quest experience this way I think, but not a whole lot. Or heck, just do the Unseeing Eye quest the HARD way. It CAN be done, even if it is ruddy annoying at low levels. :mad:

Raid every tomb in the Graveyard (insert Lara Croft joke here.  :D ) and sell all that junk. Magic weapon sales are a great source of cash, and you won't miss any NPC interactions (or need most of those weapons).
"Kono zankoku na mahokenshi me!"

"Hm. Ii hibiki da ze!"

Offline Redrake

• God of Frustration
  • Modders
  • Level 4
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - remildragos
    • View Profile
    • A lawyerish website
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2006, 03:56:06 PM »
Quote from: "Stargazer"

"Asa sārac ca anul āsta, ca anul trecut, si ca de când sunt, niciodatā n-am fost!"

( In John Lee Hooker's words, that'd be "No food on my table, and no shoes on my feet" )

Hey! That's in romanian. And the translation is wrong. It means: "I have never been so poor like in this year, the year before and all the other years since I was born."

Surrender or be squished!

Offline Stargazer

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2006, 04:00:56 PM »
Da, stiu bine. L-am citit pe Creanga.

Was not a translation, more of a simpler way to express the same idea: I'm starving!  :D

( and maybe also a way to... how did you say... oh yes, to "bull some people into learning romanian",
since bloody froggies won't learn to speak english  :P  )

Offline Kaelar

• MSN Messenger - fuzzbag_5@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2006, 03:39:32 AM »
Download the 'Beyond The Law' mod. Once you have Kova in you group, you get attacked so often that you make stacks.
*sigh*

Life is redundant, death is pointless.
If death is certain why do people fear it more than the ever changing scope that is life?

You are my trustee, My mentor, My therapist, My councillor, My sheild. My master, My servant, My knight and My philosopher. You are My stratigist, My rationalist. You teach me how to think, You teach me how to trust once more. In short, You are my friend.
It's an honour I don't deserve, A gift I can never repay and a curse I can never forgive.

Offline Dalis

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2006, 09:10:51 AM »
you can get 15,000 from  doing Irenicus' dungeon and killing off the adventurers in the tavern in the promenade (I forget what it's called, it's got an upstairs though)

just loot everything thats even remotly sellable in the dungeon, sell it all off, then do those guys (might be a bit tough, so save before you do)

the circus doesn't hurt either, but I've managed to get 15,000 without doing it, and without leaving the promenade. though you do not want to pay to get anything identifed, use scrolls to do that, it's cheaper, or just sell them without identifying either way, seemed to work for me

(yes I've played the game lots and lots)
If you're reading this you're more bored then I am

Seriously. if you're still reading, you should probably get some sort of help, or at least play Minesweep