Author Topic: Tried to put a background on one of the F portraits  (Read 3812 times)

Offline Ashara

• Dreamwalker
  • Level 2
    • View Profile
Tried to put a background on one of the F portraits
« on: January 07, 2006, 01:11:31 PM »
It still looks like a painting, since I have no idea what has to be done to truly "digitize", but from my experience brighter pics look better in BG than plaer ones, so I brightened and put on some cute background one of my favs. I hope that someone with a better skill comes along and makes the elven gal to look game-ready :)

Offline Dead_Ghost

• Level 3
    • MSN Messenger - dead_ghost_13@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 10:59:00 PM »
Hey, that's not bad at all! :thumbsup:
*nothing to see here. move along, move along*

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • http://mistresselysia.deviantart.com/
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 02:10:59 AM »
That background is beautiful - just the kind of thing I can't do! I knwo what you mean about having to over-saturate everything too - I was quite surprised at how 'washed out' regular pictures looked when you used them as a portrait (I've tried it many, many times...)

If I end up re-painting this one (which I invariably will - her nose is wonky!!), you'll have to do a background for that one for me too :-D .

(This is exactly what i wanted to happen - working together to produce lots of different interpretations. Yay! Elysia feels happy! :D )

Offline Ashara

• Dreamwalker
  • Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 09:27:11 AM »
Like I said - I am more than happy to do backgrounds/resize for you, but alas, I don't have enough skill to do the portrait "digitizing" appart from simple filters and touch-ups. I have no idea, for example, how Immortality made Fade's face more "smooth" and at the same time more "crisp". The sharpen/burn/blurr features I used certainly did not give me that same effect.  :cry: