Author Topic: The Darkest Day EXTRA QUEST in production  (Read 51228 times)

Offline Magi

• Only the Magi shall rule!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Darkest Day EXTRA QUEST in production...
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2012, 06:36:48 AM »
December 19th, 2001, 3:04pm

By the way Ajoc, do you know approximately when you MOD will come out? Oh, and do you know if it will be released as a patch to tDD, or if one would get it elsewhere?
"If life hands you lemons, throw them in life's face and shout, 'Just what the hell am I supposed to do with a bunch of damn lemons?!'" - some guy

Offline Ajoc

• ICQ Messenger - 647884164
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2012, 06:36:49 AM »
December 19th, 2001, 3:38pm

well expect it maybe mid january/late january

i am working on the final area no,w but it's a big one and there isthe final battle, cutscene, stupid ammount of treasure, and so forth....

+ RAM problems not helping...

thanks for the ideas, demon belt looks better i'll do it but without the solar...

as to  deimos....why not make original stuff instead of robbing TOB and FR (good you removed that btw)

Edit

i think it may be fr download on this site, but external is a possibility. It will install by simply duble clicking on the file, which uses IAP SFX technology (heheheh, see teambg.com)

Offline SS-Deimos909

• I am the Lord of Murder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2012, 06:36:51 AM »
December 19th, 2001, 6:07pm

Ajoc, a good portion of the items adn spells in my mod were created by me, but since we can't install ToB while TDD in installed I thought that while we wait for the compatibility patch that I would add the ToB items and spells and also add a few Icewind Dale items that Max and Minto either missed or purposely left them out.
The circle of life has no beginning or end, choose your fate, and write your own destiny

Offline Ajoc

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2012, 06:36:53 AM »
December 20th, 2001, 3:50am

well lets each make our own mods and see what comes of it...

Offline Magi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2012, 06:36:54 AM »
December 20th, 2001, 8:01am

How about a few specific-class-specific items? Ones that improve upon the class' specific abilities. Take for instance Conjurors. You could make an item that gives bonuses to summoned  monsters and familiars, but the item only works for Conjurors. Certainly don't make items for all kits, but items for some (maybe some tDD kits?) would be cool. Hey, maybe some gender specific items, too (Amazon?).
"If life hands you lemons, throw them in life's face and shout, 'Just what the hell am I supposed to do with a bunch of damn lemons?!'" - some guy

Offline Ajoc

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2012, 06:36:58 AM »
December 20th, 2001, 9:57am

i dont want t get too specific, cos then i get accused of screwing classes over

but i agree, maybe something like that would be cool...

Offline Lok

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2012, 06:36:59 AM »
December 20th, 2001, 6:17pm

Well I was thinkin (just thinking into the blue, about a few random objects you could put into your patch)
Well we all know of the staff mace or staff spear, what about the staff sword, or staff bow. (Just thinkin)
Or maybe a special sword for assassins (I know the backstabbing sword) but a sword that is like +6 and can do shadow door twice a day. Disadventges maybe like you have to be evil, or certin number of skills in hde in shadows.
And last weapon for today is a weapon that is real powerful (like can do Finger of Death twice a day, Shadow Door Four times, Visisons of Pain (if TDD) twice a day, and on top of that it is a +9) disadvantges get 1 charisma when held, and lose hit points when you hit, and only usable by evil(wonder why). Call it Ugly Death

Offline Ajoc

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2012, 06:37:00 AM »
December 21st, 2001, 1:44am

+9?  You do realise not even the OTT throne of bhaal gets to +9
< br>Staff bow could be fun, very simple to make. just give a bow a staff icon and make it usable by mages!  Well Ithink anyway,

Offline SS-Deimos909

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2012, 06:37:03 AM »
December 21st, 2001, 4:59pm

In Throne of Bhaal the most powerful item enchantment is +6.
Ajoc I think you should make a few class specific items (there are quite a few in ToB) as long as you make it fair (like one class specific item per class).
The circle of life has no beginning or end, choose your fate, and write your own destiny

Offline Magi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2012, 06:37:04 AM »
December 23rd, 2001, 1:22pm

Ya, thats a good idea SSDeimos777 (seeing as it's mine!)! I knew you were a thief Deimos, I just didn't think you'd resort to stealing other people's crappy ideas!  >:  (Anyway, I have another idea. Make an item that has +50% resistance to fire, and -50% resistance to ice. Or vice versa.

Offline Magi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2012, 06:37:05 AM »
December 24th, 2001, 12:23pm

Sorry Deimos, just got a little carried away there! Oh, Ajoc, will your MOD be compatible with ToB or other people's MOD's (like Deimos' and/or Xzan's)?

Offline Ajoc

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2012, 06:37:09 AM »
December 25th, 2001, 9:42am

Sorry I am in france, hard to get online to reply

It will be copatible with any BG2 Shadows Of Amn, which has the darkest day installed. It will be compatible with other minimods aslong as they dont change the following in the darkest day:

The World Map
The Gate District area SCRIPT
The GOvernment District area SCRIPT
AR0042.ARE and AR0042.BSC should not be chqnged for compatibility
SPELL.IDS

All the rest is purely qdded, so there is no chance ofoverwriting eachother UNLESS they use the same file name as me.  I always put AG****** as a naming code

Otherwise, if this is enjoyed it will most certainly do a few modifications for it to zork zith the ToB version of TDD.

does that answer questions?

Offline Riverwind

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2012, 06:37:11 AM »
December 26th, 2001, 5:27pm

Items?

How about a "fireshield" shield?  Or an "icelance" icelance?  Some missile weapons other than shortbows with unlimited arrows?  Sammy Sosa's Slugger, a bat which gives you 3 swings per round?

How about some of the items from the Lord of the Rings, such as Gandalf's Staff, Frodo's Sting or Mithril Armor, the 3 elven rings, the RING itself, etc.?

How about an 'eye' item which you throw at your opponent, and, BEHOLD, a BEHOLDER!  And remember the pocket dragon in the Dragonlance Chronicles?

How about boots of backstabbing where every attack is a backstab?  Okay, that would be too powerful.

Let's see, how about some more items specific to the new TDD
kits?

Anyway, this is what I have off the top of my head....

--Riverwind

Offline SS-Deimos909

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2012, 06:37:14 AM »
December 26th, 2001, 6:56pm

There is a arrow that you can download at a bg2 customization site (several actually) that spawns a goblin (friendly?) right next to the creature you hit. Its quite interesting.

Offline OzZiggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2012, 06:37:15 AM »
December 27th, 2001, 5:46pm

They had those arrows in Heart of Winter as well (the expansion for Icewind Dale)...Goblin Arrows...when they hit they summoned a goblin right next to whoever u hit (and yes he was friendly.same deal as a summon spell)...not sure if there was a time limit on them as HOW was rather high level and dropping a goblin next to a Frost giant resulted in a dead goblin the next round