Author Topic: Traditional (Colour) Portraits - FEMALE  (Read 11254 times)

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • http://mistresselysia.deviantart.com/
Traditional (Colour) Portraits - FEMALE
« on: January 06, 2006, 12:15:00 PM »
These are all coloured using traditional media - usually coloured pencils and pastels. The probelm with coloured pencils and pastels is that in small resolution, they have a 'fuzzy' quality to them - a digital over-paint / touch up will probably be needed to make them suitable Baldur's Gate portraits.

Elf of ambiguous sexuality! Drawn initially as a female, but could be used as a very pretty male too. (coloured pencils)

Female elf - drawn initially as a gift for Sillara to congratulate her on the release of Tsujatha. (Pastels)

Female elf - any class. This is actually one of my Shadowrun characters, but since you can't see the guns, I thought she could still be used here. (coloured pencils)

Female halfling - affectionately called my 'bubblegum halfling'. Shirt is unfinished. (coloured pencils)

Drow female - any class. Lolth spider could be eliminated if necessary. (Pastels)

Originally an alternative Fade portrait, but proved not quite as popular as her default one. (Coloured pencils)

Female elf / half-elf mage / sorceress. Needs definite defining. (Coloured pencils on red paper)

Female human (intended as a sorceress / mage, but could be any class). Also needs some serious defining. (coloured pencils)

Same as above, but with more of her body included. The original character was a kind of dragon disciple - wings could be faded out and replaced with a background. (Coloured pencils)

Female elf - intended as a druid / ranger. This is an old one, and needs some SERIOUS attention!! (Pastels)

Female demon / half dragon. Fuzzy!! (Pastels)

Female mermaid / aquatic elf. Again, it;s fuzzy due to meduim used (pastels).

Offline K'aeloree

• Level 1
    • MSN Messenger - liamlala@nornrock.com
    • View Profile
    • http://emptyminds.net/phorum/
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 05:45:43 PM »
Gorgeous, love, absolutely gorgeous. I specially love the elf of ambiguous sexuality and the alternate Fade portrait, just brill :D

Offline Xenshail

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 07:43:09 PM »
Didn't you have a topic somewhere where you posted your pictures. I remember your shadowrun character(Angel?) was digitised and it would have been almost perfect for a BG2 portrait. I could e remembering improperly though.
Many Many pretties... piled high beyond the sky. (Sigh)

You! Do I know you? No, I don't know anyone! Back! Bad Dog! Play Dead!

Ooh this face is boring, now I'm...

Shut up! No more questions! Make an appointment! The Coordinater speaks to no one! No one... speaks the Coordinator...

When Tiax rules, britches will not ride up so wedge-like.

Never alone, even when alone. You just cannot see!

You go do that, and try to relax. The warden will be by soon enough. Then cookies.

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 02:47:31 AM »
Thank you! *huggles*

I had a thread on the old board where I just posted up random pictures - someone (I can't remember who!) did a basic touch up of my 'Angel' picture so they could use it as a portrait, but that was it. The problem with traditional pieces is that they don't take to resizing very well - digital ones don't pixellate to badly, hence the reason why I think it would be a good idea to get these 'digitised'. However, that would take me aa age on my own, hence the reason I've set this place up! There are people out there who can do this a lot better and a lot quicker than I can (I'm really a digital noob - a portrait ususaly takes me about a week at least because I just paint; the computer screen is just another canvas to me, wheras others know the secrets of how the programs actually work).

Offline Dead_Ghost

• Level 3
    • MSN Messenger - dead_ghost_13@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 05:10:27 AM »
:eek:
I'm getting the first one for my Elf chars on BG2. One of them, anyway. :D
Awesome portraits! Too bad I don't play with female characters. :-(
*nothing to see here. move along, move along*

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006, 05:16:45 AM »
:) They probably need some work on the saturation etc - I found that when I added Fades portrait the very first time to BG2, it looked really washed out and lightened. I'm no expert at this kind of thing - it's one of the things I'm asking for help with.

Offline Ashara

• Dreamwalker
  • Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2006, 12:37:56 PM »
Those are very interesting, my particular likiing goes for the top one and the druid-rangeress.

Offline Amy

• Global Moderator
  • Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2006, 08:47:34 PM »
Those are very nice.  :)

You should see if you can sell your artwork.

Offline Xenshail

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2006, 09:40:46 PM »
Quote from: "Lilandra"
Those are very nice.  :)

You should see if you can sell your artwork.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If she does that I won't be able to see them.
Many Many pretties... piled high beyond the sky. (Sigh)

You! Do I know you? No, I don't know anyone! Back! Bad Dog! Play Dead!

Ooh this face is boring, now I'm...

Shut up! No more questions! Make an appointment! The Coordinater speaks to no one! No one... speaks the Coordinator...

When Tiax rules, britches will not ride up so wedge-like.

Never alone, even when alone. You just cannot see!

You go do that, and try to relax. The warden will be by soon enough. Then cookies.

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2006, 02:13:56 AM »
I'm *thinking* about joining this place so I can sell prints of my stuff... but I'm not sure if I'm good enough to sell things yet. I get a bit worried that I'll submit some pieces for evaluation and get them thrown back in my face... I guess that's what happens when you've hidden your artwork away for years and years - old habits do indeed die hard!

Offline Lilly

• Level 2
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - lilly_with_a_smile@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2006, 02:26:12 AM »
My word, these are amazing!  :shock: I especially like the female elf for Sillara, the drow (she's GORGEOUS! *drools even though she's stragiht*), the red elven/half elven mage/sorc, the mermaid, and... all the others  :D
Haven't you heard? Love isn't just for perfect things.

A perfect ending of a perfect movie: It's sunset and they're kissing. Aaaaawww. Ever wondered why it's always the sunset? Because night falls riiiight after it, mwahahahahahaha!