Author Topic: Digital Portraits - FEMALE  (Read 16146 times)

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • http://mistresselysia.deviantart.com/
Digital Portraits - FEMALE
« on: January 06, 2006, 11:56:16 AM »
These are portraits that have been digitally painted - some are basically finished and need need minimal fixing / re-painting to make them suitable for the pack (however, manips / changes to alter colour schemes / add accessories are fine). Others need background tweaks / armour added to make them more effective as portraits.

Female drow, originally drawn as a gift to Sillara and nethrin for Yasraena.

Human sorceress / mage with pseudodragon familiar

.................. .........[imghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Mistresselysia/moonelfBGS.jpg[/img]
Female moon elf - any class.

Edited from my 2005 Christmas card - yes, it is Fade, but could still be included if the red 'Santa's outfit' is sorted out (unless you want a 'seasonal flovour' to your portrait!

Same goes for this one - the Santa hat could be over painted into a hood, I thought?

Female drow (any class) - needs a background fix. This is more ''cartoony' than my other drow and so may not appeal to everyone.

VERY cartoonish succubus - line art coloured rather than painted. Would need a lot of work before it is suitable for a portrait in my eyes (although others may disagree ;-) )

Unfinished female elf / half elf (intended as a ranger / druid)

(edit - added L and S portraits to some)

Offline Zyraen

• Level 2
    • MSN Messenger - zyraen@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 05:57:46 PM »
I like your female portraits better your male ones :) I think they're really nice, as I'm a fan of angular features (as per my avatar, heh) and some of the fems really seem very... how to say... veteran?

I think the pseudodragon one could do with slight edits, since the chin seems a little too broad I feel, lacking certain feminine characteristics, unless your objective is to try to make her look older and more mature. Assuming it is a digital copy, you could make a copy and edit it, though I'm not sure how. My artwork on the comp is limited to changing the hair color to Kiyone's one and my banner.

One other thing - perhaps you could experiment with a series of effects like contrast, color composition, saturation, and other settings to achieve an effect with your portraits closer to the "standard" set by BG2. It'd definitely help a lot, I think, in making them more popular for use. You might want to check with Sol Ek Sa people on how they make their portraits more BG2-ish, if they do know. Nothing as sad as seeing a good portrait but not going to use it in the game cuz it just looks too out-of-place and different.
SoAVer
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps and redistribution, and more.

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 02:55:46 AM »
:) I am much more comfortable drawing females than males (simply because I've had more practice at them! I tend to play female characters and so tend to draw them rather than random males). The reference picture I sketched the human female from did have a rather broad chin, but I thought that was due to my penchant for pointy elf chins (  :mrgreen: ) and I was trying to steer clear form those and make her more 'definitely human' rather than 'elf without the pointy ears'! However, that could easily be done because I've saved an 'unflattened' file, so the layers are still there and can be manipulated :nod: .

Now, saturation etc... that's something I can't do (I have no knowledge at all of how to do that whatsoever!) and is the reason why I've set this up, rather then just going ahead and making these more finished pics into portraits immediately. These are simply re-sized, cropped-down versions of my original artwork - nothing else has been done to them. I'm hoping that people will want to help in 'baldurising' them for me. I'm going to have a word with Sol Ek Sa - I am a member there, but I didn't think that this kind of project is the kind of thing they would be interested in, because it doesn't relate specifically to any one NPC, and doing this for one artist would be a huge selfish use of their time by me! Maybe some people might be interested in lending a hand if they're in between projects, though. :)

Offline Scathach

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 03:26:29 AM »
Tsujatha's a female?  :P
Dá fhada an oíche tagann an camhaoir
- However long the night, the dawn will come
[/i]

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 03:29:30 AM »
Bugger... :oops: When i was sorting the threads out last night, I must have left his here. I was cutting and pasting urls over, so I must have copied his rather than cutting it! I think he's over in the male section too... *grumbles* Just because he's tall and gorgeous, thinks he can get everywhere... (Sillara - joke!!)

Thanks for pointing it out - I'll fix that now!

Offline Dead_Ghost

• Level 3
    • MSN Messenger - dead_ghost_13@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006, 05:17:58 AM »
The Succubus' portrait is awesome! :eek: Gotta find a new word to replace awesome, since I've been using it far too much already! >.<''
Oh, and that Drow with Santa's hood is... how shall I put this? ... tasty! ;)
*nothing to see here. move along, move along*

Offline SP101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2006, 10:45:03 AM »
Wow! Some great art here :cool:

The Moon Elf portrait is my favourite so far, closely followed by that unfinished Ranger/Druid elf portrait :)

Offline Lilly

• Level 2
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - lilly_with_a_smile@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2006, 02:42:39 AM »
Aaaw, I like these best!  :D The first drow is absolutely beautiful I especially like the hair (Dynasty?  :P ), and the moon elf is simply amazing, she looks so sweet and gentle. Fade is my favourite, as always!  :D Nice port, DEFINATELY!  :D  :D  :D
Haven't you heard? Love isn't just for perfect things.

A perfect ending of a perfect movie: It's sunset and they're kissing. Aaaaawww. Ever wondered why it's always the sunset? Because night falls riiiight after it, mwahahahahahaha!

Offline Sillara

• Retired Modder
  • Level 2
    • MSN Messenger - gilalion
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sk8pilmp
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - charisariel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gilalion.com
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2006, 05:20:21 PM »
Gorgeous, Elysia, as always!  And Tsujatha *wants* to get in here.  :P  Now why would you keep him out?

Sillara
Can you accept a necromancer? Can you trust a murderer? Can you love Tsujatha?
If you like Tsujatha, you should read his novels.
Natha ssin'urn lu' dwalc ilythiiri noamuth wund l' rivven: Yasraena zhah ghil!
Saerileth's bounty is as boundless as the sea; the more  she gives to you, the more she has, for her love is infinite.

Offline Dragon Lord

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2006, 05:24:05 PM »
I always did like your girls better then your guys. Just warning you, I'm messing around with the Christmas Fade. Just warning you.
I grow tired of shouting battle cries when fighting this mage. Boo will finish his eyeballs once and for all, so he does not rise again! Evil, meet my sword! SWORD, MEET EVIL!!
                                                       -Minsc

Sometimes, people are said to have a Dragon inside. For Drake, it's true.

My Weird Songs
My MySpace

Offline Midia Eveill

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 10:43:09 PM »
Just beautiful Mistress E! I will always have a soft spot for your "Ghost" portrait, it makes me smile.
I am the Phantom Nagger What Nags at Midnight! Fear me!

Offline Noctalys

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - hollowrequiem
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2006, 11:27:43 AM »
WHOA!  That moon elf one is *perfect* for my character!!! Woohoo!  Wow... I kinda wish I could do that now.... The best I can do is charcoal myself....
You will bow before the new Solaufein Flirt Pack!

...You see, I seem to have written this fanfic and...well....erm...It would rock my world if somebody would, you know...read it.

Offline Felinoid

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2006, 11:22:47 AM »
Love the half-elf, especially the dreamy quality of the pic.  Unfinished my @$$. :P

Offline Fraylor

• Level 1
    • MSN Messenger - kieran_delaney_57@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - fraylor1@yahoo.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2006, 01:51:54 AM »
I agree wholeheartedly with everyone else Mistress Elysia, these are some wonderful portraits. Oh and yes I am still here vaguely, just don't post much so umm sorry.

Fraylor: Coward and Proud of it!

First book of my series