Author Topic: Why canít I get the treatment-dialogue? (spoilers)  (Read 14871 times)

Offline Andoran

• View Profile
Why canít I get the treatment-dialogue? (spoilers)
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2006, 10:48:13 AM »
I recently downloaded Fade, and am playing through with her right now, and I had no trouble getting the talk, I left the guarded compound and the temple district for the slums, was even waylaid and still had the talk... though two fireballs made quick work of the slavers...

BTW Mistress E, magnificent character, I thank you for a good BG2 experience.

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • http://mistresselysia.deviantart.com/
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2006, 02:42:00 PM »
:-D  :-D  :-D  :-D

I'm veery glad that I'mnot the only one who can get this thing to work!! Yes, it is a pain in its current state (hence the change for V1), but it's good to know that it is at least there!

*huggles* And thank you!

Offline Vappour

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2006, 03:12:59 PM »
Mistress E -- What  very generally is this "treatment" dialog?  I killed the slavers but actually purchased her back from Mallon (2000 gold) --I rarely kill anyone who doesn't turn red first.   As I recall (it's been a while), I then found her in the room and we had a reasonably long talk about this and that (I don't want to spoil anything but I recall the appearance of her feet came up along with what I was going to do with the contract, etc.).   It seemed to mostly come down to reassurance.  Is there more?

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • http://mistresselysia.deviantart.com/
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2006, 03:20:29 PM »
She has a talk where the PC gets to basically dress her wounds. It's just more bonding - she has to trust the PC to help her feel better (if he choses to help her). Thats really the gist of it :)

(Completely OOC - I'ts bloody FREEZING in here! My typing is going haywire because I'm actually shivering - time to switch the heating back on, methinks...)

Offline Vappour

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2006, 09:03:11 AM »
(Smile) thanks for the information (it's not worth reinstalling the game,  mods, etc.).  Another thing I was curious about:  In a later talk she states something like  "you had me since the time you rescued me from the slavers" (this is actually a paraphrase -- I may have got it wrong).  Is there any importance to this statement (other than the obvious)?

(Sorry you're cold.  The UK is a great country except for what's got to be the most godawful weather on the planet!!)

Offline Zundar

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2006, 10:44:57 PM »
Don't know if anyone is still having this problem as I'm new to the mod.

First of I am really enjoying it. Well done!

I have discovered that if you change the value of E3LoveTalk to 31 right after getting Fade back in your party after rescuing her and then go to an Inn you will get the conversation. I don't know about having it below 31 but anything over 31 will not get it, at least that's how it worked for me.

The treatment talk was very good. I really enjoyed it, it adds a lot to her character.

Offline Lokť

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2006, 12:36:12 AM »
Quote from: "Mistress Elysia"
She has a talk where the PC gets to basically dress her wounds. It's just more bonding - she has to trust the PC to help her feel better (if he choses to help her). Thats really the gist of it :)

(Completely OOC - I'ts bloody FREEZING in here! My typing is going haywire because I'm actually shivering - time to switch the heating back on, methinks...)

Yea, it's bloody cold here too. Stupid southern england. >.<
'Nobody matters in the end.'

Offline Calemyr

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2006, 11:26:42 AM »
It may be too late to suggest this, but one thing that would be very effective would be to force Fade to go Fatigued when a rest-related dialogue is due. Even the most gung-ho-kill-Jon-quickly PC will stop and rest when someone is fatigued.
"Think yourself brave enough to face me? Perhaps bravery is not enough!" - Lassal

"Bravery... stupidity... whatever gets the job done." - Calemyr

(Now *that's* my kind of hero!)

"If your opponent is of a choleric nature, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

"If yer fighting a hothead, piss 'em off. Trust me, they'll screw up." - Elinbo Monde

Offline Scathach

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2006, 11:36:09 AM »
I for my part usually don't rest immediately if someone is fatigued, at least not until most of the group has been complaining for quite a while and their fighting abilities are beginning to be seriously affected. ;-)
DŠ fhada an oŪche tagann an camhaoir
- However long the night, the dawn will come
[/i]