Author Topic: the airin ask thread  (Read 13918 times)

Offline tree_frog

• Level 1
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - mystical_warp
    • View Profile
    • Email
the airin ask thread
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2005, 06:16:11 PM »
Quote from: "Shed"

Don't worry on my behalf. It's your mod and how you go about your affair isn't really my concern. I don't think it's conducive to "creating your vision" i.e. finishing the mod, but the onus on doing that is entirely on you. There's no shortage of mod ideas here that may never get finished; you've got to put in the work off your own back.

Yes, modding should be fun, but the parts I enjoy are all actually involved in the work: brainstorming, writing, editing, coding, talking to my friends and co-modders, watching it work and pull together. What I see here is quite different, which I suppose reflects what people expect to get out of the time they spend here. I think you put it well when you say you "don't take it seriously" but it's "just for fun". That's all very well up to a point, I guess.

Having written stories and made mods (including an NPC mod) myself, I'm well aware of the differences between them, thank you. I am sure that both require capital letters at the beginning of sentences, though.

You never answered my questions, by the way.

Edit as of 0040: Toned down.

it wasn't your concern? your whining about why the mods are not getting done because of the ask thread. if you noticed, i didn't answer the other questions  aftewards because i found them silly. i'll post you my work and tell me if it's going somewhere or not.

to answer your question,  the outline is done, the ending is done. the dialogues need a little fixing and i just started teaming with silmarien. the mod, by the way, doesn't take a huge chunk of my social and private life. it can go to hell if i want to. i am just writing the story because it's my passion to tell a good story. i can take a break when i want to or abandon it if i don't want it anymore because of the other good things i should enjoy in my life.

here is my draft, outline or whatever you call it.

THE AIRIN MOD "STUFF"

(excuse my grammar mistakes because i only typed the character backgrounds as my guideline when writing the story. thanks ;-)

AIRIN's BACKGROUND

airin is an 18 year old female swordsman from the two rivers in kara-tur.

-her mother died after giving birth to emirin.

-she started learning the way of swordsmanship when she was 5, after  witnessing a red-haired wanderer defeating his assailants with a reverse-blade  sword. she read books and was also taught by her father.

-at age 13, she fought a ronin in a duel after he slapped her friend for not  giving into his demand. she won quickly by thrusting her bokken, a wooden  sword, into the man's abdomen.

-she was praised by the village chieftain for her heroism and for being a strong  woman, a trait that is unconventional and untraditional in two rivers and  kara-tur. she was anointed to become one of the village's future guardian. her  sister, emirin, who always looked up to her, began practicing kenjutsu as well.

-by 17, she met a man in the marketplace named rishu while buying tofu. they  quickly became friends then later on as lovers, the kind of relationship and  emotion airin never had growing up but beginning to appreciate. she was  becoming more feminine lately, making emirin despise her weakness (truth is,  emirin is just defensive of her older sister and she doesn't want her to  change).

-one day, rishu asked airin for an evening walk and said he wanted to give her  a gift he treasures so much. that evening as airin went into the riverside, she  saw a man in black ninja suit in a distance holding a limping body. as she walks  closer she noticed it was rishu and she called his name but it was too late,  rishu was stabbed through the heart and thrown into the dark river. airin fell  on her knees, trembling and weeping. then she heard cries coming from her  village and saw a big fire engulfing it. believing that the ninja was part of the  attack, she attacked him with ferocity, successfully slashing his right eye, the  ninja made a quick evasion and knocked airin cold. her encounter with the ninja  became a nightmare and a confusing mystery, making her wonder why the ninja  didn't kill her when his partner killed pretty much everyone in the village that  night.

-when she woke up, the sun was rising up. she tried to find rishu's body but  river current was strong and fast. she was crying as she went to the village,  finding it destroyed with dead bodies around. she tried looking for her father  and sister. she found his father's slain body by the village temple, along with  the chieftain and several two rivers council members being cleaned up by the  villagers. the villagers claimed a fire-eyed demon in black armor attacked the  village and said to the council befre slaying them:

"i am here to bring justice for the sufferings you've inflicted on the weak. i am  here as the will of the gods and vengeance of the restless ghosts of your  victims. if you think i am an evil entity out to destroy you, you're wrong. your  indecisiveness and self-righteousness created me. may your deaths bring peace."

-she tried to find her sister throughout the village with no success. after  weeks of searching around the village and nearby towns, emirin was assumed  missing or dead. the following months, she helped rebuilt the village as she  honed her skills, to be strong enough to kill the likes of the fire-eyed demon.  the village smith, gujin, became the village leader.

-4 months later after the attack, a trader who was very known to the village  came by to trade and gave his condolences to the tragedy. when he saw airin,  he told her that he was glad she and her sister was fine. after airin told him  she was dead, the trader told her that he just saw emirin in the dock area,  boarding one of the ships to amn. after giving her description, airin was  relieved but worried about emirin at the same time. why did emirin go to amn?  she have no idea but she have to take her back to the village somehow.

-she asked her neighbors and friends to lend her money to find her sister and  those who can help her gave donations. gujin decided to give her one of his  magical swords, tenchuu, to aid her in her battles. she thanked everyone and
went on to her journey.

JINCHU's BACKGROUND

jinchu is born a bhaalspawn, taken into care by
gohda, an honorable swordsman and two rivers'
second chieftain. jinchu was given to him by a dying
friend, saying that he must be kept and raised in
a peaceful place where he can control his bhaal
essence. two rivers was such a place. that was all
the details he said before he died.

he was raised there, his heritage unknown to the villagers
but to the village council, who watched him with suspicion,
since having a child of the god of murder in a village based
on living life away from violence and evil threathens the
peace in two rivers.

one day, while playing with his friends, jinchu felt a surge of
electricity vibrating his entire body, while his eyes was becoming
red. gohda heard his screams and ran to his rescue. as soon as
he was taken inside the house, he became a blue-skinned creature
with red fiery eyes.

the council became concerned with the village's safety. they decided to
give away jinchu to some monastery or some place. gohda refused
because he loved jinchu like a real son (not having a son of his own)
and he is afraid that the other villages might hurt or shun him for his  heritage.

gohda despised the council for their indifference to jinchu. jinchu is just
a child and should be raised in the village as a chance to live a peaceful
life. the village fears that jinchu will destroy everything that they have,
not mentioning they are all survivors of endless bandit raids and war.
it's not jinchu's fault that he was born a bhaalspawn and he should be his own  man instead of being bhaal's instrument of destruction. Gorin, airin's father,  was one of the highest ranking members of the council and he decided
to banish gohda if he's going to keep the child. gohda step down and left the  village with his family.

before reaching their destination, their caravan was attacked by twinblade and  his gang, killing his gohda and his wife. jinchu and his sister was taken to  twinblade's camp as slaves for 3 years. his sister was raped and abused her  whole life in the camp until she died. this fueled jinchu's anger and destructive  powers and he enhanced it secretly until he was ready and killed everyone in the  camp: men, their wives and children. he let twinblade die a slow, painful death.

he learned that he was a bhaalspawn from his father's journal (his belongings  being kept by twinblade as trophies). he developed an unquenchable hatred  towards the two rivers village for the death of his parents and the tragic fate  of his sister.

he believes that he knows true justice and power should be taken away from  undeserving men, such as the men from two rivers and the bandits.

if there were no evil men in the world, there will be no bandits, but there were and it killed his parents and took him and his sisters to become slaves. they suffered beatings and traumas. his sister suffered the most because she is a woman. although they suffered, her sister never stopped caring for him,  sneaking him food and tending his wounds even if she's tired from the abuse.  she died later on and had her body burnt up even though jinchu pleaded to give  her a proper burial. his sister's death fueled the hatred and the bhaal essence  inside him. his desire to murder and destroy those who made their lives tragic  and painful. he practiced on his innate abilities whenever no one's looking and practiced on his blade skills. after 3 years.

he went on killing any aggressors like thieves, rapists, slave masters, without  any mercy. he became an instrument of hate, hating the evilness and misfortune  of others done by the gods or men. everytime he sees oppressors, they remind  him of his past, his dead parents who loved him like their real son and a loving  sister who cared for him with every abuse and pain she suffered in the bandit  camp.

everytime he kills, he always target the heart and tears it out. he believes the  hearts of the men he kills are evil and must be taken away from the chaotic  world they created, men and women alike. he chooses no one and has no sympathy for evil men.

he met fujita, a young ninja in his teens, when a bhaalspawn named Grenuar hired him to assasinate jinchu. jinchu had an honorable fight with fujita and  spared his life in return to tell him grenuar's whereabouts. after killing grenuar  and learning about the competition of the bhaalspawn to get the throne of  bhaal. another attack from an half-orc bhaalspawn occured with the help of his  henchmen when fujita came out of nowhere and dispatched the bhaalspawn's  men. jinchu challenged the half-orc on a one-on-one duel, which he won. after  the fight, jinchu invited fujita in his journey and becamfujita gradually became  his follower. a master-student relationship developed between the two of them.

he wanted to kill the other bhaalspawns in order to strengthen his godly powers, and use it to control any outcome, kill the oppressors and people he despises.

the black armor that jinchu wears belongs to the half-orc bhaalspawn. he liked  it because it's fireproof, protects him from many magic attacks and can dodge  arrows swiftly. without armor, he is faster, more agile and he can use more of  his deadly innate abilities, including his slayer transformation.

he went to amn to face his destiny and his wish: to become a god and have the strength to control the events that will come into his life and easily crush oppressors and evil people who will become like his family's killers.

there, this should make you happy, even if my guidelines are very confusing to you. i gotta say i admire your balls to speak out. this should be enough.

edited just now: toned down as well!
i survived in my life by saying my personal mantra "fuck it!"

Offline K'aeloree

• Level 1
    • MSN Messenger - liamlala@nornrock.com
    • View Profile
    • http://emptyminds.net/phorum/
    • Email
the airin ask thread
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2005, 10:15:33 PM »
*Another* Bhaalspawn? *sighs* It's just a bit overused. But, it seems you've fleshed it out fairly well - as long as its very interesting, the fact that one of the characters is a Bhaalspawn won't deter me from playing the mod. :)

So far she looks like an interesting NPC who could add something to the game. Good luck with it! Also... why do you not use capitals? :| You seem to use punctuation besides capitals, so why don't you use the most them? :|

Now onto questions...

Airin, how do you feel about <CHARNAME> being a Bhaalspawn?

Do you really dislike any of <CHARNAME>'s companions?

Offline tree_frog

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
the airin ask thread
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2005, 12:20:16 AM »
Quote from: "K'aeloree"
*Another* Bhaalspawn? *sighs* It's just a bit overused. But, it seems you've fleshed it out fairly well - as long as its very interesting, the fact that one of the characters is a Bhaalspawn won't deter me from playing the mod. :)

So far she looks like an interesting NPC who could add something to the game. Good luck with it! Also... why do you not use capitals? :| You seem to use punctuation besides capitals, so why don't you use the most them? :|

Now onto questions...

Airin, how do you feel about <CHARNAME> being a Bhaalspawn?

Do you really dislike any of <CHARNAME>'s companions?

i guess i made him a bhaalspawn because i want to touch that issue of prejudism and imaginary fear that affects people throughout history, including today  :) jinchu is a "bad" guy in the mod, though, and i didn't know the bhaalspawn character has been used a lot of times, since i never play npc mods. one day, i just said, "hey, what about creating a human katana-wielding chick?" then later on it evolve into this. if i've known that the bhaalspawn is overused, i would have thought about something different.

why don't i use capitals? it's personal reference. those who think it makes me ignorant by doing this can stick it up their butt. (that's not for you, K'aeloree... hey, i used a capital K))

is it ok if i just stop answering questions towards airin? i really uncomfortable. i hope you guys understand though so next time, just ask me questions. arigato

Offline Shed

• MSN Messenger - shed_plant@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - shed_plant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shedplant.net
the airin ask thread
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2005, 04:03:30 AM »
i didn't answer the other questions  aftewards because i found them silly.

I didn't notice that you left Undertaker's second group of answers alone ;). Good for you!

it can go to hell if i want to. i am just writing the story because it's my passion to tell a good story. i can take a break when i want to or abandon it if i don't want it anymore because of the other good things i should enjoy in my life.

If that's your attitude, fine. Don't be prepared to admit defeat before you even start, though.

i gotta say i admire your balls to speak out.

Thanks, I think.

Good luck with your mod.
Not a carebear.

Spellhold Studios

Offline tree_frog

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
the airin ask thread
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2005, 09:40:45 AM »
i hope you guys will ask me instead of "airin". i feel it is better that way. just think of me as the dad who speaks for his kid. so there  8)

Offline Undertaker

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • http://forums.chosenofmystra.net/index.php
the airin ask thread
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2005, 11:44:41 AM »
Quote from: "tree_frog"
i hope you guys will ask me instead of "airin". i feel it is better that way. just think of me as the dad who speaks for his kid. so there  8)

Then create a seperate thread (the best place shoul be in Ye Dwarven Hammer)since this thread is named "Ask Airin" and the purpose of it is to have a better view on her personality (if you could answer those questions like it would be Airin who's responding)
Evil hidden everywhere
Evil has a chilling stare
Null and void of any care
Is where the answer lies
It does no good to beg or cry
It does no good to question why
It does no good it never dies
Evil never dies