Author Topic: NPC Interaction Suggestions  (Read 15389 times)

Offline NiGHTMARE

• View Profile
NPC Interaction Suggestions
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2005, 01:26:45 PM »
Quote from: "Tameon the Dragoon"
EDIT: Undertaker, are you serious?! Oh my God, BioWare was in some rush to get BGII released! Dammit, it makes me mad. This will deffinately have to be adressed, although I doubt she'd want to make it known who she is. Perhaps just a whisper to CHARNAME about how he shouldn't blow her cover or how she is surprised there are any left or something.

Menzoberranzen and Ust'Natha are thousands of miles apart, plus Viconia left her home decades ago (as long ago as a century, according to some theories).  These house De'Vir drow are at best Viconia's fourth or fifth (i.e. they share great great great grandparents or great great great great grandparents) cousins, and it's unlikely she'll have even heard of any of them, let alone met them before.

With the tiny amount of news which filters between different drow cities, and the aforementioned vast difference between the two sites, the House De'Vir of Ust'Natha may not even be aware of the fall of their distant relatives.

Offline Undertaker

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • http://forums.chosenofmystra.net/index.php
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2005, 01:32:27 PM »
Quote from: "NiGHTMARE"

With the tiny amount of news which filters between different drow cities, and the aforementioned vast difference between the two sites, the House De'Vir of Ust'Natha may not even be aware of the fall of their distant relatives.

Note that drows who torture members of house De'Vir say sth about how puny/pathetic/etc the house is. I'm sure they heard about events in Menzoberranzen.
EDIT: typos
Evil hidden everywhere
Evil has a chilling stare
Null and void of any care
Is where the answer lies
It does no good to beg or cry
It does no good to question why
It does no good it never dies
Evil never dies

Offline Princeps

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/s_norr
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2005, 01:35:59 PM »
Quote from: "NiGHTMARE"
Quote from: "Tameon the Dragoon"
[...]the House De'Vir of Ust'Natha may not even be aware of the fall of their distant relatives.

Then maybe Vic could leak that information to them (without making her own identity known), just to... add to their discomfort?

Offline NiGHTMARE

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2005, 05:48:46 PM »
Here's a few extra interjections I came up with a while back:

ARAN.dlg (Aran Linvail)

After "I apologize if you feel you have been done wrong. I assure you, all that you have paid is being put to good use."

Edwin: Be warned, Shadow Master.  If your aid is not forthcoming, you will soon feel my wrath... and the wrath of a Red Wizard is not something you want to experience (My back still aches from time to time...)

---

Viconia: The Drow have a reputation for causing pain and suffering, and it is well earnt.  If you cannot provide what was promised to us and quickly, rivvil, you will come to realise why.

---

Anomen: The only reason you and your wretched thieves still breathe is because <CHARNAME> foolishly believes that we need your help.  Cross us, and that will quickly change.

---

Mazzy: We had an agreement, don't you think it is time to honour it? Or do you plan to disprove the old adage about honour amongst thieves?

---

Valygar: We have witheld our end of the bargain.  Will you not do the    same?

---

Aerie: I h-hope so.  <CHARNAME>'s friend Imoen n-needs our help, but we can't do anything without yours.

After "First and foremost, you will be compensated for the gold you have paid.  I will give you several magical items; they are yours to keep regardless of what comes."

Jaheira: Oh, how generous.  Do you expect that to placate us while you delay our more important concerns? We have friends in need of rescue and vengeance both!

---

Mazzy: What good are such magical novelties when a girl is in danger, and we don't even know where she is?

---

Keldorn: We have little time to waste.  Will you tell us where we can find <CHARNAME>'s friend or not?

---

Nalia: Well, thank you for the gifts and everything, but I rather think <CHARNAME> would like to know where Imoen is now.

---

Minsc: Boo thanks you for the items, but he wishes Minsc to remind you that we must rescue Imoen.  And do much butt kicking on the way!

---

Valygar: Look, I'm sure the items will be of great assistance to us, but an evil wizard holds <CHARNAME's> companion hostage, and we seem no closer to finding either of them.

ARNMAN04.dlg (Mitsu)

After "Hoi, greetings to ya.  Me name's Mitsu, an' don't go tryin' to make it rhyme with any funny nicknames, now, because I'm small an' such.  I'm a Shadow Thief, just as you are."

Minsc: Minsc and Boo are no thieves, little girl, no'siree! Minsc is a force for the smiting of mighty evil!

---

Yoshimo: I'm afraid you are mistaken, my lady.  While I may be a thief, I prefer to be more... independent.

After "Me, I do.  And the fact that I can pass fer a human child...a helpless, cute human child...gives me the edge when I want to rob a mark."

(Note: this is an extension to Keldorn's existing interjection here)

Keldorn: A despicable ruse, abusing the charity of others.  Vile in every respect.

Mitsu: Oh? Well I don't think much o' you lot either, knighty, what with all your moral superiority and whatnot.  Get a paladin to spend a week in the gutter and he'll be picking pockets by the end o' the first day, I'll bet.

Keldorn: I can assure you that a true paladin would never...

Mitsu: Heh, sorry, I haven't the time t' argue with you.  Don't think of tryin' ta pick a fight with any o' me fellows though, most o' them are inclined to do it with weapons rather than words.

---

Minsc: Do not be so silly little girl! How can one as young as you be a thief?

Mitsu: "Ah gee, sorry mister, I was just pretending and stuff.  Don't get all mad with me!"

Minsc: Minsc and Boo are not mad! They would never get angry with a child!

Mitsu: "Well then sir, would you.." Ah I give up, this one's too easy.

Offline Tameon the Dragoon

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2005, 05:56:17 PM »
Haha! Those are good. Mitsu is an interesting little Halfling.

I, for one, think they would be good additions to the mod. Thanks, NiGHTMARE!
She has lived her life hunted and hated. Can you show Kari the compassion she deserves? The Kari the Kobold mod is now in Beta!

Offline SimDing0

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2005, 04:14:50 AM »
Could you use SUBCOMPONENT to split the mod into two components:

- Dialogue SimDing0 thinks is good.
- The rest.

Of course, two components may not be neccessary.

Thanks.

Offline Tameon the Dragoon

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2005, 04:51:45 AM »
I'm honored you would even consider downloading the mod, Sim. I have seen your list of "mods to download", and it is rather small.

We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
She has lived her life hunted and hated. Can you show Kari the compassion she deserves? The Kari the Kobold mod is now in Beta!

Offline AEnemia

• MSN Messenger - dungeon_master89@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2006, 05:16:52 AM »
I don't know if this has been suggested before now, BUT....

The idea of "redemptions" is cropping up in a lot of mods now.  Well, who else besides me would like to turn Minsc or Aerie into a remorseless engine of death and evil? :P  Yeah, I play Good or at least Nuetral characters most of the time, but when I play Evil, sometimes I wish I could turn the Good NPCs evil with me.

http://www.freeforum101.com/forum/index.php?mforum=zombieeurope&sid=5a51b6363286c09701c3dda02aecd644
ZEN: Organize before they rise!
"I'll give up all my life to be IN THE BOOK OF HEAVY METAL!"  http://tinyurl.com/gs69q