Author Topic: NPC Interaction Suggestions  (Read 15388 times)

Offline Tameon the Dragoon

• Level 1
    • View Profile
NPC Interaction Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2005, 12:51:13 PM »
Quote from: "Lord Kain"
Quote from: "Raven_Song"

Cernd  - I really like him but other fail to share my enthusiasm

* The resolution to his original Bioware quest was appalling [possible spoilers highlight to read] After he saved the kid and dumped him in the Druid Grove no mention is made of the child until the epilogue. [End spoiler] Something needs to be done with it even if its just interjections where he wonders whats happening back at the grove.  

You didn't read Cernd epilogue very closly did you?, I'll just repeat the first line.
With his guidance no longer needed, Cernd left <CHARNAME>'s company and reunited with his son, Ahsdale.

Raven_Song specifically said "until the epilogue".

@JC: Really? Huh. Well, I seem to remember him saying something like "I was wrong" or something...but then again,  I have never been known for having a good memory. Sorry.

@Fantasy: Heh, I never once considered Cernd's decision one of a bad father. Either he leaves CHARNAME forever, brings his son with him or he leaves him at the grove. If he doesn't follow CHARNAME, it could end badly (every little bit of help makes a difference). If he takes the kid with them, well...that just a bad idea. Leaving Ashton at the grove was the smartest thing to do.
She has lived her life hunted and hated. Can you show Kari the compassion she deserves? The Kari the Kobold mod is now in Beta!

Offline Fantasy

• Level 2
    • ICQ Messenger - 199348340
    • View Profile
    • barbie gateste
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2005, 12:54:46 PM »
Quote from: "Tameon the Dragoon"
@Fantasy: Heh, I never once considered Cernd's decision one of a bad father. Either he leaves CHARNAME forever, brings his son with him or he leaves him at the grove. If he doesn't follow CHARNAME, it could end badly (every little bit of help makes a difference). If he takes the kid with them, well...that just a bad idea. Leaving Ashton at the grove was the smartest thing to do.

Hm, perhaps. But he still wouldn't get away with it if I had something to say about it. :p Even Keldorn wants to stay with his family, who were actually becoming quite content with their substitute father, and Keldorn has (IMO) more reasons to stay with the PC than Cernd...

Of course we all play it differently, so I doubt we'll ever agree on this subject. ;-)
I am.

Perhaps I should not, but that is not for you to decide.

"And yet I walk and talk, even smile..." - Lle caela diolooamin.

Everything and nothing... I wish it wasn't so true.

Narbondel Reborn

Offline Raven_Song

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2005, 01:13:15 PM »
Even Keldorn wants to stay with his family, who were actually becoming quite content with their substitute father, and Keldorn has (IMO) more reasons to stay with the PC than Cernd...

Yes but I think Keldorn's decision was purely selfish, he wanted to inflict his pompous and self-important self on somebody who would actually listen to him. :D
Zhaan: I love all living beings. The seek has re-opened my eyes to the wonder of the spirit. I am now going to devote my life to enlightenment.

Offline Xenshail

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2005, 01:36:59 PM »
and perhaps Viconia wants to get a little revenge on the fanatics that tried to burn her? Pay a "visit" to their families or something.

Maybe something with the Drow in the cage in the Drow city. (xp)
Many Many pretties... piled high beyond the sky. (Sigh)

You! Do I know you? No, I don't know anyone! Back! Bad Dog! Play Dead!

Ooh this face is boring, now I'm...

Shut up! No more questions! Make an appointment! The Coordinater speaks to no one! No one... speaks the Coordinator...

When Tiax rules, britches will not ride up so wedge-like.

Never alone, even when alone. You just cannot see!

You go do that, and try to relax. The warden will be by soon enough. Then cookies.

Offline Undertaker

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • http://forums.chosenofmystra.net/index.php
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2005, 01:39:15 PM »
Quote from: "Xenshail"
and perhaps Viconia wants to get a little revenge on the fanatics that tried to burn her? Pay a "visit" to their families or something.

There are few members of her House in Drow Lust Chambers and she has no comment of this.
Evil hidden everywhere
Evil has a chilling stare
Null and void of any care
Is where the answer lies
It does no good to beg or cry
It does no good to question why
It does no good it never dies
Evil never dies

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2005, 01:39:42 PM »

Such as? You mean kill them? Yeah, that's pretty evil. I like it!

EDIT: Undertaker, are you serious?! Oh my God, BioWare was in some rush to get BGII released! Dammit, it makes me mad. This will deffinately have to be adressed, although I doubt she'd want to make it known who she is. Perhaps just a whisper to CHARNAME about how he shouldn't blow her cover or how she is surprised there are any left or something.
She has lived her life hunted and hated. Can you show Kari the compassion she deserves? The Kari the Kobold mod is now in Beta!

Offline Undertaker

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2005, 02:00:56 PM »

Such as? You mean kill them? Yeah, that's pretty evil. I like it!

EDIT: Undertaker, are you serious?! Oh my God, BioWare was in some rush to get BGII released! Dammit, it makes me mad. This will deffinately have to be adressed, although I doubt she'd want to make it known who she is. Perhaps just a whisper to CHARNAME about how he shouldn't blow her cover or how she is surprised there are any left or something.

I'm serious. Few members of House De'Vir are in the cage and other drows are making fun of them and their house.And Viccy is silen maybe cause she doesn't want to blow the cover or maybe she doesn't want to comment on her past.
Evil hidden everywhere
Is where the answer lies
Evil never dies

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2005, 02:03:29 PM »
Quote from: "Undertaker"

I'm serious. Few members of House De'Vir are in the cage and other drows are making fun of them and their house.And Viccy is silen maybe cause she doesn't want to blow the cover or maybe she doesn't want to comment on her past.

Hmm...perhaps there could be a way she gets the PC to switch the food they give with the House of De'Vir people with poison? Interesting, but...meh.

Offline Undertaker

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2005, 02:06:55 PM »

Hmm...perhaps there could be a way she gets the PC to switch the food they give with the House of De'Vir people with poison? Interesting, but...meh.

I doubt they are given any food :?
Evil hidden everywhere
Is where the answer lies
Evil never dies

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2005, 02:12:53 PM »

That's what I was thinking. Oh well. Maybe just a simple reaction like "If you dare blow my cover, <CHARNAME>, then you will quickly regret it." or "So this is what has become of the once proud House of De'Vir. I suppose you think I should feel guilty for what has become of them. You are truly naive, kivvil."

Offline Undertaker

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2005, 02:20:07 PM »

That's what I was thinking. Oh well. Maybe just a simple reaction like "If you dare blow my cover, <CHARNAME>, then you will quickly regret it." or "So this is what has become of the once proud House of De'Vir. I suppose you think I should feel guilty for what has become of them. You are truly naive, kivvil."

Or maybe sth like "So these are those who once wanted to sacrifice me. How cruel, they all are to be nothing more then ibbith."
Evil hidden everywhere
Is where the answer lies
Evil never dies

Offline Lord Kain

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/12483/
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2005, 03:11:22 PM »
Quote from: "Raven_Song"
You didn't read Cernd epilogue very closly did you?, I'll just repeat the first line.
With his guidance no longer needed, Cernd left <CHARNAME>'s company and reunited with his son, Ahsdale.

I must be missing something but isn't that what I said, The child is forgotten until the Epilogue?

Its me who was missing something I missed read your post.
"Who--who are you?"
"Who? Who is but the form following the function of what... and what I am is a man in a mask."
"I can see that"
"Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking on the paradox of asking a masked man who he is."

Offline Feuille

• Level 1
    • MSN Messenger - fayikin@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/nathanielromance
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2005, 09:27:51 AM »
Argh...so many suggestions, I can't remember what to comment on!

All I can think of it this:

IMO, I don't think Mazzy would much care for the Order ... they're nothing to do with Arvoreen! Even though Mazzy's like a mini-Paladin, I would have thought it's her faith in Arvoreen that's more important to her, rather than how much of a Paladin she is. She wouldn't dislike them, but they're all Torm and Helm and even though those are nice enough gods for her, they're not Arvoreen!

EDIT: *hides*

Offline Xenshail

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2005, 09:44:32 AM »
EDIT: Heya it's me.
Many Many pretties... piled high beyond the sky. (Sigh)

You! Do I know you? No, I don't know anyone! Back! Bad Dog! Play Dead!

Ooh this face is boring, now I'm...

Shut up! No more questions! Make an appointment! The Coordinater speaks to no one! No one... speaks the Coordinator...

When Tiax rules, britches will not ride up so wedge-like.

Never alone, even when alone. You just cannot see!

You go do that, and try to relax. The warden will be by soon enough. Then cookies.

Offline Feuille

• Level 1
    • MSN Messenger - fayikin@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/nathanielromance
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2005, 12:26:19 PM »
I know  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

*quietly changes all of them*

Well, that really makes my ideas seem worthwhile, don't they!

*hides in a corner*