Author Topic: NPC Interaction Expansion Pack FAQ  (Read 15475 times)

Offline Tameon the Dragoon

• Level 1
    • View Profile
NPC Interaction Expansion Pack FAQ
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2005, 10:10:42 AM »
Ho hum. If only for reasons of getting tired and, quite frankly, bored of defending that one single (optional) component, my vote goes to taking it out. Whether or not it is oficially taken out is not up to me alone, though.  :P You people are stubborn.

Though I must admit, Ashara's post did make alot of sense.
She has lived her life hunted and hated. Can you show Kari the compassion she deserves? The Kari the Kobold mod is now in Beta!

Offline Hide and Seek

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2006, 03:14:58 AM »
Include Phaere's.. what did you call it... optional component, if you like. Or don't.

But please don't just drop it right of the cliff.
My evil alter ego screams for the ultimate slap in the face towards Anomen in a soon to be breaken romance. (imagine the man's reaction!!  :evil: ) Oh, my evil heart.. sorry, I'm backing down now.
Future Sights and dreams:
The "Chosen" warrior - a tool of destiny.
The Bhaal - Hunters.
The Firesoul and the Icequeen.
The Favored of Cyric alternative?

Offline K'aeloree

• Level 1
    • MSN Messenger - liamlala@nornrock.com
    • View Profile
    • http://emptyminds.net/phorum/
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2006, 03:23:44 AM »
What we *will* be doing with Phaere is making her dialogue more extensive... I don't think sleeping with her for a female will be a viable option, and I'm not interested in discussing it, but there will hopefully be something which makes up for that. :-)

Oh, and I totally, totally agree with slapping Anomen... that is such a great idea, lol! Please do submit more evil ideas, dear, you seem to be quite good at them... ;-)

Offline Hide and Seek

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2006, 05:01:01 AM »
Thanks, it feels good to hear that there are so many people with a good view of interacting. As for ideas, since you already seems to have the Anomen slap-issue covered (cannot wait to see how), so I wonder.. what more can a PC do to affect his or her enviroment, and the NPCs..

I would imagine that a most evil PC could sell his own teammembers (if he didn't need them, but that's another story) to some slavers. But then.. interacting.. perhaps a little more perceptiveness (is that a word?) from the mainchar, and a little more wit would be nice. The most common choice is either "duh, I didn't know that" or "back down, or the fight begins". My greatest moment was then that evil woman called me "more insightful than she thought" or some such. Intelligence does not affect your answers all the time, does it? Sometimes, it should.

Slap Anomen! Slap Anomen! And humiliate him in public. Maybe a Mind Flayer could suck out his arrogance. I have nothing against him, of course. He's just my least favorite of the NPCs, Cernd and Jan close above.
Future Sights and dreams:
The "Chosen" warrior - a tool of destiny.
The Bhaal - Hunters.
The Firesoul and the Icequeen.
The Favored of Cyric alternative?

Offline K'aeloree

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2006, 05:36:56 AM »
I don't think we'll be altering PC dialogue for the sake of it, but only if it actually improves the interaction and the players understanding of that character.

Those sorts of 'evil' ideas probably fit more with the 'Mod for the Wicked', but hey- if someone comes up with a convincing way for it to add to an existing character... ;-)

We'll see about humiliating him in public; slapping him should be fun, though. :D

Offline Silk

• Level 1
    • MSN Messenger - a_rose_of_silk@yahoo.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - a_rose_of_silk
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2006, 05:48:27 AM »
Okay, while I can applaud your ideas for an NPC Interaction Expansion Pack, aren't you going to be adding just "too much" dialogue?  I realise that most who play BG2 love it for it's relatively non-linear pathway and the interaction between the party.

Most mods have their own NPC chats with other NPC's and the PC, PPG has the Banter Pack and the Flirt Pack. G3, I think, has either finished or is working on a Crossmod Banter Pack.

Are we looking at too much of a good thing?  I'm actually getting to the stage where I'm saying to some NPC's "oh shut up, we've got work to do".

It's fine to say "don't download it if you don't want to" but I'm wondering if your time would be better spent doing something else.

One last comment which probably shows my biases, the original BG2 was totally heterosexual (*and* I always play female), which is why half the mods on CoM are totally useless to me.

*submits the post and waits for the flames*

~Eagles may soar but weasels do not get sucked into jet engines~

~Alpha and Beta tester for Beyond The Law~

~ Beta Tester for Reaver Kit~

~Some say that our destinies may be read in the stars, that the plans of the gods are revealed to those who but know where to look.  They speak it true but their location is false, for I have seen my destiny shining in your eyes~ (Anomen, from the PPG Flirt Pack)

~Portrait with permission from Rabain of The Black Wyrm Lair~

Offline K'aeloree

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2006, 10:49:13 PM »
Anyone flames Silk and I swear you will not get chocolate. :(

It may seem like a lot of dialogue; but in reality we're only expanding maybe 10 characters at the most who aren't in the party.

The NPC quests, if we add any, will be entirely optional.

We will be adding more dialogue between the PC and the NPCs. Not heaps, but some.

As always, the most important part of this is the interjections- it is and always be the main focus of the pack :-)

Offline Silk

• Level 1
    • MSN Messenger - a_rose_of_silk@yahoo.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - a_rose_of_silk
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2006, 02:22:55 AM »
Thanks, K'aeloree, for not taking my comments too seriously and for the backup.

By the way, the "biases" I mentioned only apply to me - I have no problem with how anyone else feels or acts.  The original post may have come across as showing a closed mind.

~Eagles may soar but weasels do not get sucked into jet engines~

~Alpha and Beta tester for Beyond The Law~

~ Beta Tester for Reaver Kit~

~Some say that our destinies may be read in the stars, that the plans of the gods are revealed to those who but know where to look.  They speak it true but their location is false, for I have seen my destiny shining in your eyes~ (Anomen, from the PPG Flirt Pack)

~Portrait with permission from Rabain of The Black Wyrm Lair~

Offline Radish

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2006, 06:55:53 PM »
Quote from: "theacefes"
Too bad they don't have biologists in Faerun...otherwise gay with kids would be possible (has taken too many biologgy courses) :D
*blinks*  Who needs biologists when you've got transmuters?  Belt of Gender Change, dude.

Oh, and to be on-topic (sort of), I don't think Phaere should be bi, either.  Though I've little enough problem just choosing Not Install and letting people in general suit themselves.

Offline AEnemia

• MSN Messenger - dungeon_master89@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2006, 07:25:10 AM »
Quote from: "Lord Kain"

Alot of things are "said" about drow. Many of them conflict with each other.
I'd be surprised if the word bisexual even appeared in a D&D book.

They wouldn't.  Wizards is to...  Uh, can I use the word for "wimpy" that is a synonym for cat here? to put anything in their non mature line books that would make Mommy and Daddy mad when Junior picks it up. ;)  2nd Edition TSR on the other hand had boobies all over in their rulebooks. :P

I actually am against making Phaere bisexual as well.  Not because of any bias towards gays or bi's in anyway, but because I think it's something that's getting overused in mods for a sort of shock value.  Is being gay or bi a bad thing?  Not at all.  But, in Faerun, as in the real world, most people ARE going to have a definate bias, and therefore, not everyone is going to be gay or bi.  Of course, I can still just not install that component, but as I said, I just feel people are going out of there way to put it into mods nowdays, and kind of cheapening the idea a little.

I'm trying to be as PC as possible in getting my point across.  :( If someone can help me word what I mean more eloquently, it'd be appreciated.

http://www.freeforum101.com/forum/index.php?mforum=zombieeurope&sid=5a51b6363286c09701c3dda02aecd644
ZEN: Organize before they rise!
"I'll give up all my life to be IN THE BOOK OF HEAVY METAL!"  http://tinyurl.com/gs69q