Author Topic: Has anyone else had to give up on Kindrek?  (Read 8568 times)

Offline Minarvia

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Has anyone else had to give up on Kindrek?
« on: October 13, 2005, 07:24:27 PM »
I was wondering if anyone else out there has had to give up on Kindrek - at least initially, or if it's just me!  :oops:
In a previous post I stated that I can't stand Nalia or Aerie, and since Edwin's romance and Tsujatha's are so damned good I now cannot play without one or the other in my party.  I am still holding out hope that one of these times, even if I can give up Tsu and Eddie, that I'll be able to play without a magic user of some kind.  Maybe there are ways of playing where magic is not really necessary???  Kindrek sounds like fun, tho!  I'll keep the mod download just in case.

Offline nethrin

• Retired Modder
  • Level 3
    • MSN Messenger - gilalion@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gilalion.com
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 08:50:01 PM »
limited magic is ok in a kindrek party.  imoen, jan, nalia, and aerie are all not objectionable to kindrek.  in reality (re: irony), they probably are, but I had to draw the line somewhere.

I didn't make kindrek to win a popularity contest--I just wanted to make a character I wanted to make.  that's it.  yes, he is incompatible with SO many things, but that's the way the REAL (^_-) kindrek was.

Offline Minarvia

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 12:29:42 PM »
I understand, Nethrin!  I wasn't asking you to change anything!  And I'm keeping Kindrek just in case I think I can play thru an entire game with limited magic.  Jan... perhaps.  I've had him before and he's okay, but the dual class limits his use to me.  It's just Nalia and Aerie that I can't stomach.  We'll see!  Thanks for the reply.

Offline Feanor

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 12:39:43 PM »
Quote from: "nethrin"
limited magic is ok in a kindrek party.  imoen, jan, nalia, and aerie are all not objectionable to kindrek.  in reality (re: irony), they probably are, but I had to draw the line somewhere.

I didn't make kindrek to win a popularity contest--I just wanted to make a character I wanted to make.  that's it.  yes, he is incompatible with SO many things, but that's the way the REAL (^_-) kindrek was.

Who is the REAl Kindrek ?  :?
Real sucks, Barca rules !

I like Real only when it plays in Segunda Division !

It is said that Mount Celestia is a place of perfection. None else than Saerileth could have been the symbol of its splendor.

Offline nethrin

• Retired Modder
  • Level 3
    • MSN Messenger - gilalion@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gilalion.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2005, 01:53:21 PM »
Quote from: "Feanor"
Who is the REAl Kindrek ?  :?

the REAL kindrek was an NPC I used in my REAL sunday gaming group.  he was a very interesting NPC because he was both an ally and a villain of the PCs.  see, half the party was mages, but they needed kindrek's help with stuff, so they had to hide from him the fact that they were mages, lest his wrath be stoked and disruptor find them!!   anyway, they worked together, but the PCs got so famous that puck, the boymage (one of the PCs), eventually became court magician at some king's court.  well, being so high profile, he finally attracted the attention of kindrek.  kindrek came to pay him a visit, saying, "you've betrayed me!!"  well, puck easily dispatched him by flying up in the air and summoning polar bears to fight kindrek.  of course he enlarged and hasted the polar bears.  kindrek (with his great cleave feat) was able to slaughter about 10 of them before they finally whittled him down. and that's how he died.

Offline Moongaze

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 02:57:34 AM »
I even take him along when I play good parties. He's simply that good, regardless of the fact he comes with a manual.

Offline Hide and Seek

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2006, 12:25:37 PM »
He killed Edwin!  :shock:
And tried to *ahem* get his way with Viconia! *the clean bed comment was nasty*
Then I made my Kensai into a Mage and killed him, sadly. It's too bad that he accepts other dualclassed mages, like Nalia, but not yours truly. Getting no mages for a truly evil party. (Me, Korgan, Viconia, Kindrek, Valen and... Jan Jansen..)

Kindrek is a juggernaut!
Future Sights and dreams:
The "Chosen" warrior - a tool of destiny.
The Bhaal - Hunters.
The Firesoul and the Icequeen.
The Favored of Cyric alternative?

Offline Lord Kain

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/12483/
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2006, 01:41:32 PM »
I recall encountering a very kindrek like NPC during my gaming.

He was this SOB of a Draconian. Who refuesed to beleave in the threat of a powerful dark wizard.

He claimed to be able to fight off any wizard thanks to an assortment of anti-magic items he had.

Now the party needed the help of this Draconian city to fight off the growing threat of the dark wizard Morganth.

Now apparently every year in this city there was a grand contest to decide who would rule.

One party member tried and failed quite badly at fighting him but was easily outmatched.

Then my sorcerer stepped up, and with little preperation defeated him without taking a hit.
"Who--who are you?"
"Who? Who is but the form following the function of what... and what I am is a man in a mask."
"I can see that"
"Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking on the paradox of asking a masked man who he is."