Author Topic: Baldurdash  (Read 5400 times)

Offline Chris

• View Profile
Baldurdash
« on: September 30, 2005, 06:44:20 AM »
Hello

After some kind advice that I have already been given, I have decided to play Darkside of the Swordcoast with no other mods installed so that I can enjoy it in its purest form and as it was intended  :-)

However, my only minor nagging paranoid concern is that the 'clean' full BG1 installation that I have backed up that I intend to revert to before installing it does also include the Baldurdash "FixPack v1.1" and "Baldur's Gate/Tales Of The Sword Coast English-Language Game Text Update v1.1".

Is it safe for me to assume that the new and improved Darkside of the Swordcoast will install correctly on top of this?  I checked out the "Darkside Compatibility" sticky post, but there didn't seem to be any mention of it.

Hope you can help.

Kind Regards

Chris

Offline Red Carnelian

• Global Moderator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • The Stone of Askavar
Baldurdash
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 10:11:10 AM »
Don't bother with Baldurdash. Grog may know more about this but I'm sure the Baldurdash fixes were incorporated into the original Dark Side.
Little is known of Nirel, a powerful cleric who could resist the spells of his enemies. However, history does record that he was a vile zealot whose hatred for followers of other faiths knew almost no bounds. It is said that he kept the heads of his victims as trophies and was personally responsible for defiling over one hundred temples of other faiths. In the centuries since, his mace has appeared in the hands of evil clerics across the Realms.

Offline Grog

• The Absentminded Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Auril's Bane
Baldurdash
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 12:56:54 PM »
Um, definately don't use any DSotSC related stuff from Baldurdash.

There is definately some duplication of work between Baldurdash and DSotSC, but the MOD is probably not as extensive (its been a long time since I've looked at their BG1 fixes).  That being said it really wouldn't hurt (may not help either) to install both so long as DSotSC gets installed last.

I have no idea abou the Game Text update thingy.  But my gut says don't use it, with this MOD.
"Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward."  - Victor Kiam

Offline MK

• View Profile
Baldurdash
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 01:25:50 PM »
DS adds only new text to the TLK, so the game text update will work if installed first.

Offline Chris

• View Profile
Baldurdash
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 01:42:54 PM »
Thanks for the advice guys :)

I think, just to be on the safe side, I will create a fresh full install of BG1 Original Saga (which conveniently is automatically fully patched to version 1.3.5521) and then simply install DSotSC on top of that along with the corresponding DSPatchV2.2.

I take it that's the safest option?

Offline Red Carnelian

• Global Moderator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • The Stone of Askavar
Baldurdash
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2005, 03:06:02 PM »
Yep :-)
Little is known of Nirel, a powerful cleric who could resist the spells of his enemies. However, history does record that he was a vile zealot whose hatred for followers of other faiths knew almost no bounds. It is said that he kept the heads of his victims as trophies and was personally responsible for defiling over one hundred temples of other faiths. In the centuries since, his mace has appeared in the hands of evil clerics across the Realms.