Author Topic: Okay - Time to bite the old bullet...  (Read 18299 times)

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • http://mistresselysia.deviantart.com/
Okay - Time to bite the old bullet...
« on: September 25, 2005, 05:03:36 AM »
Warning - this could seriously dent your enjoyment of the finished product, so think carefully before you answer it!

I have hit a little snag. I have tried to overcome it on my own... but I need a second opinion from someone not embroiled in this whole thing - a fresh pair of eyes, if you will. It concerns things of a HUGELY spoilerish nature (it involves a bit o' proofreading (serious, not just 'ooh, I'm curious! let me look!' - I need to check on my knowledge and make sure I'm not totally going down the wrong track) and getting some NPC reactions correct. So I am looking for a little help - I've tried to get it done on my own, but I now realise this isn't going to work (my proofreader for SoA has kind of disappeared - but I know he has major RL stuff going on at the moment, so I cannae blame him!).

Like I said - for this little bit of help, you will know the plot for the mod in ToB, so your enjoyment of the final product with be spoilt. Discussion of certain events will also not be allowed on the open forum - if you do need to discuss stuff, PM or email me please! And again, please, don't offer out of curiosity's sake ... I really do need some serious proofreading done (which means checking for spelling and grammar as well as content).

If you are interested and feel you can contribute to Fade in this capacity, let me know! It will help me enormously (although bear in mind that I don't need 20 or so proofreaders, so please don't be offended if you offer later and I've already got someone doing the deed for me!). When things get coded up, I'll need beta testers for the ToB section, so if you *are* curious, I would seriously urge you to sign up for that rather than do this. ;-)

Offline SHAR

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 06:13:16 AM »
I'm willing to read it for you and help you on it...I already know a lot about the plot and if you want to keep the surprise from the others then i'll do it for you...Just send the stuff to my email addy and i'll look at it :D
I am not a bitch...I AM THE BITCH...And thats Ms.Bitch to you....

Offline Prezes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 06:35:13 AM »
I can help too.To help testing TOB beta version.But unfortunetly not now.I have now exams (procedding of criminal law).When exams are over I can help with testing (and I can back to testing Amber Mod by Meira)

Offline Zyraen

• Level 2
    • MSN Messenger - zyraen@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 06:45:24 AM »
I'm quite busy so won't sign up for testing, being waistdeep in this thing called School, but I don't mind reading areas to help get the NPCs correct. Primarily Bioware NPC and maybe providing a fairly wide choice of PC selections - I don't like commenting too much on the integrity of characters I'm unfamiliar with. It's like making unjustified comments, and usually when presented with "fresh" NPCs, I make comments based on what data is at hand, which typically results in the other person going something along the lines of "but oh you see, I forgot to tell you, he/she also had/did this and this and this..." and yeah, it's pretty ineffective.

Please bear in mind though ^^;; depending on my comfort level with the person, I can give pretty.. tough.. criticisms. In general, the more comfortable I am, the more blunt I can get.

I also have a very...  specific thing in mind with Banters. With Bioware, they obviously used at least some banters for Filler, but for me I like to think that Banters have a very... specific purpose, like communicating a topic / point, developing one or preferably, BOTH characters (if one of the persons is the PC, then giving the player adequate RP choices) and if they miss the mark I'll basically give the thumbs down, unless it's really good laughing stuff ;)

None of the criticisms will be public, though, unless you prefer that as a media of communication.

Furthermore, my view of NPCs are my own, and I grudge no one that. I may criticise / comment, but whether or not you adopt it, is not an issue. Disagreeing is fine, though it might lead to some exposition on why I support my point in a certain way, but at the end of it, still disagreeing is cool. Just don't pass my off as unjustified rubbish will do :)
SoAVer
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps and redistribution, and more.

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 06:51:55 AM »
SHAR - no problemo ;-)

Prezes - the beta testing won't be for a while, so never fear!

Zyraen - the NPC responses haven't, err, actually all been written up. It's opinions and ideas as to how each NPC would react to a certain piece of information I need help with... I have now sathere for a good couple of hours and just came up blank. In my head I can see their reactions, but I can't get them down... (NPCs are hard to write for because we all have our favourites and ones we find easy / hard to write for, and our own spin on how they should be represented - I know for a fact that I have seen some representations of NPCs that I know other people like, but I deplore!)

Feanor has also agreed to help me with my metagaming dilemma, so it's aaaallll good stuff!

Offline Princeps

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/s_norr
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 06:52:33 AM »
I'd be happy to do proofreading and give any advise on the 'dramatic' side you might want. Although English is not my 1st language I have long experience in writing and editing English texts, so that should not be a problem. I could start right away. On the technical side I'm a complete idiot, so forget about me there.

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2005, 06:56:00 AM »
Technical side is fine - Sil is very competent and can normally sort out 'work arounds' for all the stupid stuff I ask her to do... :oops:

Thank you for your offer! I am mainly checking up on my lore and my perspective of events etc... it's quite difficult to explain without giving too much away. However, I am about to go Roleplaying (literally - it's 2.55pm and we leave at 3pm!) so I'll PM you later, okay?

Offline Princeps

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/s_norr
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2005, 07:24:59 AM »
That's fine. BTW, the dog I have for avatar wants to send her regards to your bard companion. They have the same name - Lishka.

Offline Sir Kalthorine

• Level 1
    • MSN Messenger - pwearne@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Peteypaladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2005, 08:33:00 AM »
I am happy to offer my services as a serious proof-reader, Mistress E.  I reckon I am pretty au fait with Fearunian canon, and you already know my background re. checking work!  No problems if you already have somebody, but the offer is a serious one if you want to take me up on it.
Chrysta... could helping her to uncover her past threaten your own future?

"Pity the land in need of Heroes." - Bertolt Brecht
"A little madness, now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

Offline Lord Ernie

• Level 1
    • MSN Messenger - Ask for it
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2005, 08:54:36 AM »
If you need any more help, Elysia, I'd be happy to do my part. My school's about to restart, so I'm gonna have plenty of time :D.

Offline Prezes

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2005, 01:45:23 PM »
Quote from: "Mistress Elysia"

Prezes - the beta testing won't be for a while, so never fear!

Yes,yes I mean that I have hope, that my exams will end,when beta testing will beginning

Offline Undertaker

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • http://forums.chosenofmystra.net/index.php
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2005, 01:54:53 PM »
If it would involve beta testing and bug hunting that I'd be very happy to help.

When exams are over I can help with testing (and I can back to testing Amber Mod by Meira)

In fact Amber's beta testing is almost done :P
Evil hidden everywhere
Evil has a chilling stare
Null and void of any care
Is where the answer lies
It does no good to beg or cry
It does no good to question why
It does no good it never dies
Evil never dies

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2005, 02:47:37 PM »
I'll definitely bear in mind all the people who will be interested in testing the ToB section - that will be a huge help (and makes sure any potential bugs / oversights are squashed before the official release!)

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2005, 11:41:53 PM »
Okay - I've got a couple of victi... *ahem* I mean volunteers to give me a hand in sorting this out... hopefully it means that I can clarify my metagaming dilemma and get down to finishing off these LTs! This means that this thread has kind of served it's purpose now - I'm not going to lock it (dinnae see the point) but atm I think I'm fine for readers :)

Thanks to all offers for beta testing too ;-)

Offline Vita Muerte

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - quirkydemon
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2005, 01:01:14 AM »
You probably have more than enough offers for beta testers, but should you find yourself short of testers; I'll be more than glad to lend a hand.   :)