Author Topic: Please please help me  (Read 9454 times)

Offline Minarvia

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Please please help me
« on: September 10, 2005, 01:52:48 AM »
I just downloaded Kindrek and I read that he won't tolerate SINGLE classed wizards.  I had Edwin and used SK to dual class him so he is now a mage/cleric.  Kindrek joins my party and attacks.  There is no other mage.  I only had myself, an assassin, Minsc, Anomen, Edwin, and Yasareana.  What gives?  He won't even tolerate Tsujatha and there is a comment in the info and readme about him remarking on an aspect of Tsu mod, which implied that he and Tsu can be in the same party.  
Sigh...fine.  I won't have Tsu if the readme lied.  I am just trying a dual-classed Eddie and he freaks.  What is wrong???  I'm really really really trying here.   :mad:  :mad:  :mad:

Offline Undertaker

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • http://forums.chosenofmystra.net/index.php
Re: Please please help me
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 02:18:05 AM »
Quote from: "Minarvia"
I just downloaded Kindrek and I read that he won't tolerate SINGLE classed wizards.  I had Edwin and used SK to dual class him so he is now a mage/cleric.  Kindrek joins my party and attacks.  There is no other mage.  I only had myself, an assassin, Minsc, Anomen, Edwin, and Yasareana.  What gives?  He won't even tolerate Tsujatha and there is a comment in the info and readme about him remarking on an aspect of Tsu mod, which implied that he and Tsu can be in the same party.  
Sigh...fine.  I won't have Tsu if the readme lied.  I am just trying a dual-classed Eddie and he freaks.  What is wrong???  I'm really really really trying here.   :mad:  :mad:  :mad:

It seems that Kindrek is hardscripted to attack every single classed mage. It does not matter if it's Bioware or Mod NPC. You can try to change Tsu to fighter/necromancer and then get Kindrek. If he will leave him that would meen that I'm right. If not, I'm helpless here :?
Evil hidden everywhere
Evil has a chilling stare
Null and void of any care
Is where the answer lies
It does no good to beg or cry
It does no good to question why
It does no good it never dies
Evil never dies

Offline Minarvia

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Please please help me
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 02:34:10 AM »
Ah, Undertaker, thank you SO MUCH for trying so hard to help me!  I really do appreciate it as I have been left feeling as tho no-one is reading this forum or wants to help.
Hmmm...I gave up on trying to  dual-class Tsu because he has that damn ring on that he got from Sillara and as soon as I load my game (after using SK) and I try to level him up in whatever class I chose, all I get is a stupid message saying that the character has an item he can no longer use but can't drop.  The game doesn't let me progress because of that stupid ring.  It seems that I'm stuck at that point.  I would hate to not play a whole game thru with Kindrek, but I don't know if I'm willing to put in the time to do so without any spellcaster whatsoever.  Also, I'm afraid that the game would be too hard for me.  I play for fun and I know D and D rules fairly well but I'm not a pro.  Kindrek sounds fun, but no spells at all would be too hard for me, not to mention not being able to romance either Tsu or Eddie (dual-classed or not!)
Well...I'll play around a bit more with SK and see what gives.
Thank you again for your attempts to help me! :)

Offline Undertaker

• Level 5
    • View Profile
Please please help me
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 02:55:23 AM »
Fear not cause SK will help you with ring problem :D The problem is that the ring is usable only by single classed elven, neurtal evil,male  necromancer (with proper stats) and is not for multiclassed mages.
One solution:
Use SK to give Tsu Use Any Item to innate abilities. And use that ability. Then again use SK to put the ring into proper slot :D And enjoy :P
Evil hidden everywhere
Is where the answer lies
Evil never dies

Offline Minarvia

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Please please help me
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 03:40:08 AM »
Undertaker wrote-
Fear not cause SK will help you with ring problem  The problem is that the ring is usable only by single classed elven, neurtal evil,male necromancer (with proper stats) and is not for multiclassed mages.
One solution:
Use SK to give Tsu Use Any Item to innate abilities. And use that ability. Then again use SK to put the ring into proper slot  And enjoy

Hmmm...never would have thought of that in a million years!  Thanks!  Even if I have to give up on Kindrek (Sillara basically let me know that I'm royally screwed) I may now have expanded opportunities with Tsu!  
Thanks!   :lol: Happiness may be back!

Offline Undertaker

• Level 5
    • View Profile
Please please help me
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2005, 03:43:43 AM »
Any time :)
BTW nice avatar :thumbsup: Very nice :evil:
Evil hidden everywhere
Is where the answer lies
Evil never dies

Offline Minarvia

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Please please help me
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2005, 05:28:02 PM »
Thanks, Undertaker!  I like the avatar, too.  I found it on this site when I figured out how to use one!
BTW, are you Undertaker because you are one?  I have to ask (not trying to be nosey) because when I was in college that was my Major.  Mortuary Science and Funeral Directing.  I never was able to get into the field  :cry: but I still have fond memories of it.
For the topic, thanks for all the help and Sillara, too.  I will definately try to learn to play without good mages so I can try Kindrek.  But for now I think I would fail at my game miserably.

Offline nethrin

• Retired Modder
  • Level 3
    • MSN Messenger - gilalion@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gilalion.com
    • Email
Please please help me
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2005, 09:50:15 PM »
sorry!  haven't been online for the last few days.  super busy.  anyway, kindrek will allow multi-classed Bioware NPCs in the game... aerie, nalia, jan, and imoen.  modded npcs such as tsujatha, and single-classed wizards such as edwin are RIGHT out.  and the PC cannot be an arcane caster, either.  hope this helps.  oh yeah, no bard PCs, either.

Offline Undertaker

• Level 5
    • View Profile
Please please help me
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2005, 12:17:43 AM »
Quote from: "Minarvia"
Thanks, Undertaker!  I like the avatar, too.  I found it on this site when I figured out how to use one!
BTW, are you Undertaker because you are one?  I have to ask (not trying to be nosey) because when I was in college that was my Major.  Mortuary Science and Funeral Directing.  I never was able to get into the field  :cry: but I still have fond memories of it.

:lol: No, I'm not an undertaker. I'm just history and politology student  8)
But I won't tell why my nick is Undertaker :P (long story)
Evil hidden everywhere
Is where the answer lies
Evil never dies

Offline Minarvia

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Please please help me
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2005, 12:56:43 AM »
Okay, Undertaker!  Glad I amused you!   :-D   And thanks for all your help.
Nethrin, thanks for your reply, too.  I used SK to change Eddie  to a dual class and Kindrek STILL would not accept him.   :mad:  Sadly, I think I have to leave Kindrek on the back burner.  I need a great mage in my party because I'm not a good enough strategist to play without one.  Maybe when some time passes I may be able to stomach Nalia or Aerie, but I dislike them so much I can't use one of them right now.  Also, Tsu and Eddie have spoiled me for anyone else!  :D
If I can return to Kindrek some time, I'll be sure to post my feedback.  So far I am blown away by the quality of your mods!  I used to think Spellhold Studios and Pocket Plane were the only good sites.  I'm glad to stand corrected!   :-D  I can hardly wait to see how my games with a male pc will end with Fade and Saerileth.  So far they are just GREAT!!!

Offline Morken

• View Profile
Kindred too hard to use!
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2005, 05:22:18 AM »
I just downloaded Kindred. 9+ megs, I like the concept, and I like thug types.

However, Kindred appears hard to use.

Honestly, can't you alter Kindred during his initially conversation with <Char>?
Protagonist: "Ok so you hate magical manipulators and I have a quest to fufil. I am likely to need to employ the services of those you disagree with but if I promise you that I will lead you to MANY other arcane magicians, who will stand in my way (like the cowled wizards, who have Imoen), then will you hold from assaulting such party members Kindrek? Have we a dead?"

Kindred: "Yea Ok" (or words to that effect)

If I create a mage/cleric/fighter, then Shadowkeeper the class to read fighter/cleric just before the party leaves the dungeon, then back again after the cutscene of Irenicus v Cowls, will Kindrek spawn?

If I do the same for my F/M/C just before speaking to Kindrek at the city gates, will he join?

There has gotta be a way around this. The single class wizard thing, I can work around, however, I ALWAYS include mage in my protagonist.

Please say something

Offline Morken

• View Profile
Please please help me
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2005, 05:30:16 AM »
Hmmm, apparently, Kindrek is stuck with an AC of -1, cant heal, how does this guy stay alive in his fighting role?

You should give him more CON or life if he is stuck at -1 AC (which sucks)

I play with the tactics mod and this guy might get shredded, how does he live through non-magical threats?

Interesting concept, too bad his race doesnt seem to show up on his stats

Offline ronin69hof

• View Profile
Please please help me
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2005, 12:16:24 PM »
If your using tactics or BP dont use kindrek, personal experience speaking here, he wont last 2 seconds in a battle with one of those mods installed.  dont get me wrong I like kindrek and have used him a few times in a non-bp and non-tactics game and had a great time having him in my party.  its a really well made mod up with the standards of all of COM's mods

ronin
"The Priest that feeds the Beast"

Offline nethrin

• Retired Modder
  • Level 3
    • MSN Messenger - gilalion@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gilalion.com
    • Email
Please please help me
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2005, 03:50:32 PM »
@morken.  don't know, dude. the only way to find out is to try.