Author Topic: Saerileth, Edorem, and Charname (salvaged thread)  (Read 13632 times)

Offline Feanor

• Level 3
    • View Profile
Saerileth, Edorem, and Charname (salvaged thread)
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2005, 03:58:14 AM »
Post moved.
Real sucks, Barca rules !

I like Real only when it plays in Segunda Division !

It is said that Mount Celestia is a place of perfection. None else than Saerileth could have been the symbol of its splendor.

Offline Feanor

• Level 3
    • View Profile
Saerileth, Edorem, and Charname (salvaged thread)
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2013, 01:19:05 PM »
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:31 pm    

I had a discussion with Sillara about Saerileth in another section, but I thought it would be better to move it here.

Sillara : "Dwarves and gnomes are not to Saerileth's tastes, no. She romances only humans, Elves, and half-Elves. She has enough cultural background to be attracted at first sight only to those races. (And if it were not first sight, the PC would probably lose out to you know who! )"

Feanor : " Why, can I ask ? What, PC cannot compete ?"

Sillara : "There would be too much history between them for the PC to make any headway. Edorem himself says the reason he has never gotten anywhere with Saeri is simply timing: he has not had any. It would be much more of a competition, you know."

Do you think that in a competition Charname versus Edorem for Saerileth's affection, would Charname inevitably lose (if not for the "love at first sight" thing ? I have serious doubts about this for many reasons :

1. I don't think there is so much history between them. They just know each other for only a year and they did not form a close bond between them. Saerileth admits that he was her superior in the temple and he did make her some gifts. This is not enough : they did not share too much together, while in Charname's quest, she and PC have the opportunity to develop a far more close relationship.
2. She confesses "she never lifted her eyes towards Edorem with desire" and cared for him only as a brother. She even admits that she did not understand his words when they parted ways in Sigil, which means she never considered him as a partner for a romance.
3. Well, is Edorem's character. The guy seems to egocentric and has an air of superiority which could displease Saerileth. A nice Charname (the type which would choose the most kind responses in the romance, I mean) could "dispatch" him. He is more than rude when he mets Charname after rescuing Saerileth. Sure, you can blame jealousy, but there is a problem : only in hard times the true character of a man can be seen. It's not a big deal to be perfect when all is fine. And Edorem failed the life's test miserably.
4. Well, if after a year Saerileth does not feel attracted to Edorem...  Edy, go find yourself another girl.

Sillara, I await you on the battlefield !  
Other opinions ?

It is said that Mount Celestia is a place of perfection. None else than Saerileth could have been the symbol of its splendor.

Offline Sir Kalthorine

• Level 1
    • MSN Messenger - pwearne@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Peteypaladin
    • View Profile
Re: Saerileth, Edorem and Charname
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2013, 01:19:06 PM »
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:36 pm    

Quote from: "Feanor"

Sillara : "There would be too much history between them for the PC to make any headway. Edorem himself says the reason he has never gotten anywhere with Saeri is simply timing: he has not had any. It would be much more of a competition, you know."

Nah, I reckon Edorem didn't get anywhere because he has a girly voice  
Chrysta... could helping her to uncover her past threaten your own future?

"Pity the land in need of Heroes." - Bertolt Brecht
"A little madness, now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

Offline Attalus

• Level 1
    • MSN Messenger - viconiaslover
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2013, 01:19:07 PM »
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:55 am    

I didn't mind his girly voice so much as his haughty attitude. I got the feeling that he was so arrogant that he thought that any girl that he honored with his attention would just automatically fall over. Creep. In v.5, maybe the PC can challenge him to a duel. I suspect a real knight would have, long ago.
"I do love thee for all the qualities that make thee -- thou."  - Saerileth

"And you are here with me, now; you are the rock that saved me." - Aribeth de Tylmarande

"It's Attalus and Imoen, now.  We are one.  C'mon, let's go get our soul back."  - Imoen

Offline nethrin

• Retired Modder
  • Level 3
    • MSN Messenger - gilalion@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gilalion.com
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2013, 01:19:08 PM »
 Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:23 am    

notice he calls sillara out, and not me....he knows I won't give him the time of day.  

Offline Feanor

• Level 3
    • View Profile
Re: Saerileth, Edorem, and Charname
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2013, 01:19:09 PM »
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:28 pm    

Quote from: "nethrin"

notice he calls sillara out, and not me....he knows I won't give him the time of day.  

Well, the main reason was that the idea belongs to Sillara. I didn't know if Nethrin shares her opinion about Edorem (maybe he does not...  ).

And, btw, last time we had a debate, you fled from the field...    

About the Attalus' idea of challenging Edorem to a duel, Saerileth would probably try to stop it, but not because "she would be compelled to defend a fellow chosen of Tyr", but because she considers Edorem a friend. As for Tyr, I don't think he would be bothered by a duel between Edorem and Charname because he is also a warrior god and : 1. Edorem insulted Charname. 2. It's a fair fight.