Author Topic: Whatever happened to Edorem, he who loved Saerileth?  (Read 19486 times)

Offline Sillara

• Retired Modder
  • Level 2
    • MSN Messenger - gilalion
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sk8pilmp
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - charisariel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gilalion.com
    • Email
Whatever happened to Edorem, he who loved Saerileth?
« on: August 15, 2005, 07:00:07 AM »
In case you ever wondered, check it out here.

Sillara
Can you accept a necromancer? Can you trust a murderer? Can you love Tsujatha?
If you like Tsujatha, you should read his novels.
Natha ssin'urn lu' dwalc ilythiiri noamuth wund l' rivven: Yasraena zhah ghil!
Saerileth's bounty is as boundless as the sea; the more  she gives to you, the more she has, for her love is infinite.

Offline Dead_Ghost

• Level 3
    • MSN Messenger - dead_ghost_13@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 08:49:25 AM »
See, what did I said, love can blind! :D
A most interesting short chapter, Sillara! :thumbsup:
I'm not really disappointed with Edorem's failure, somehow I envisioned it would be something akin to this, after all Edorem did demonstrated, as Feanor has so eloquently showed us :wink: , a certain ammount of disregard towards the code of the Paladins due to his heart.
BTW, you have a thing with love at first sight, right? ;)
*nothing to see here. move along, move along*

Offline Feanor

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 09:42:03 AM »
Very good chapter, Sillara ! This is an Edorem which can have all my sympathy. I would have prefered if he had destroyed Kamen and married Arlluvia, but... (sighs)  :crybaby:

As a side comment, all your characters meet tragic ends.  :wink: You know of whom I speak...  8)

A question : how Edorem remained a chosen of Tyr ? Don't think that I want him to become fallen, but Saerileth can lose the grace of Tyr for much less... You know what I'm talking about.  :wink:

BTW, if my charname is an elf, he is still alive at that moment. I think I will have some business with Kamen and his bride.  :evil: Business involving some stakes...  :evil:  Where does the action takes place ? On the Prime or across the planes ?
Real sucks, Barca rules !

I like Real only when it plays in Segunda Division !

It is said that Mount Celestia is a place of perfection. None else than Saerileth could have been the symbol of its splendor.

Offline Veldrin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 10:15:19 AM »
Man...I almost feel sorry for the twerp now.

This is a beautiful piece of writing, I wish I had the proper education to give a real proffessional review of it but since I don't I'll settle for repeating myself: This is a beautiful piece of writing.  :D

I think the suspense was maintained very well because it kept me reading nonstop until the end. Although I did see ol' Eodrem's end coming a bit sooner than he did.

Anyway, it was a good read.  :thumbsup:
Yes, I'm gone. But you probably realized that already. My sincerest apologies for those of you whom I have inconvenienced with my continuous absences.

Offline nethrin

• Retired Modder
  • Level 3
    • MSN Messenger - gilalion@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gilalion.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 09:16:12 PM »
wow!  impressive bit of writing, as always, my dear.

Offline Mightysword

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2005, 09:44:03 PM »
Hum ... that's a little cruel isn't it. :crybaby:

But there is something I confuse, Saerileth is a human with the touch of the Elf right, she's still a human by nature, I got an impression this writing refers to her as an elf.

Offline Feanor

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 03:43:28 AM »
One thing I still have to say : there were many clashes between those who like Edorem and those who don't. But this story does more good to Edorem than 10 pages of arguments in his favor.  :wink: (improving his image, I mean).

And I cannot blame them, for she is the loveliest maiden I have ever beheld. Rebellious memory called up a black-haired, blue-eyed lady at this thought, but with sober judgement Lord Edorem had to admit that even his long-lost love had not surpassed this maidís beauty.

I do not concur. Saerileth rules.  :D

It is said that Mount Celestia is a place of perfection. None else than Saerileth could have been the symbol of its splendor.

Offline Mightysword

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 08:46:38 AM »
Quote from: "Feanor"
One thing I still have to say : there were many clashes between those who like Edorem and those who don't. But this story does more good to Edorem than 10 pages of arguments in his favor.  :wink: (improving his image, I mean).

don't temp me  :lol:

Well, as you said, it's because this is a new situation, and what we did is argue over another situation. In fact, hearing you say so only solify my opinion, we need different judgement under difference circumstance, even for the same person ;)

Offline Feanor

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005, 03:36:54 AM »
Quote from: "Mightysword"

don't temp me  :lol:

Well, as you said, it's because this is a new situation, and what we did is argue over another situation. In fact, hearing you say so only solify my opinion, we need different judgement under difference circumstance, even for the same person ;)

True, but the idea was that neither the positive situation from the mod did not speak too much in his favor (at least for me), while this story did. It is not only what Edorem did, but his entire attitude. For instance, this Edorem from the story is not so full of himself and not so distant, which makes him a nicer person.

Offline Veldrin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2005, 09:13:42 AM »
Maybe it's because loosing Saerileth to <CHARNAME> taught him a badly needed lesson in humility...
Yes, I'm gone. But you probably realized that already. My sincerest apologies for those of you whom I have inconvenienced with my continuous absences.

Offline happypg

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2005, 12:35:13 PM »
Very nice.  I like my endings "happy" but this was a good read.

Offline Raziel

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2005, 02:06:57 PM »
Quite the story Sillara :) , Even though i never liked Edorem this story makes me see him in a diffrent light, I truly feel sorry for him :-( ... Heh, Never thought id hear myself saying that. :lol:
In life two things are ceratin, you live, and you die, but for some death is only the begining.

Vae Victus!-Woe to the conquered.

Humans fear what they dont understand....... and they despise what they fear.

We vampires are gods, Dark gods, and so it falls upon us thine the herd...

All men live... yet not all men truly die.

Offline Lord Kain

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/12483/
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2005, 08:34:54 PM »
That was cold, what you did to him real cold.
"Who--who are you?"
"Who? Who is but the form following the function of what... and what I am is a man in a mask."
"I can see that"
"Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking on the paradox of asking a masked man who he is."

Offline Feanor

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2005, 07:35:14 AM »
Quote from: "Veldrin"
Maybe it's because loosing Saerileth to <CHARNAME> taught him a badly needed lesson in humility...

How true !  :D  On the other hand, he still has a major fault : he did not free himself of his former misconceptions. In the mod, he treated Charname badly also because he was a Bhaalspawn and his wretched heritage. Now, because Arlluvia had the perfect profile of "the innocent and beautiful maid in distress", he failed to see the lie which she was. The fact that he does not see beyond appearances cost him his very life.

Offline Veldrin

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2005, 08:18:11 AM »
Quote from: "Veldrin"

How true !  :D  On the other hand, he still has a major fault : he did not free himself of his former misconceptions. In the mod, he treated Charname badly also because he was a Bhaalspawn and his wretched heritage. Now, because Arlluvia had the perfect profile of "the innocent and beautiful maid in distress", he failed to see the lie which she was. The fact that he does not see beyond appearances cost him his very life.

True, he was a prejudiced twerp to the end. But that arrogance is so deeply rooted into Eodrem's personality that he wouldn't really be himself without it. I think learning that he wasn't the bright and shining center of the universe was about as much as Eodrem could handle in one go. Man...I'm being really mean to the deceased fictional chap.