Author Topic: Alora for OS X  (Read 3415 times)

Offline silas

• View Profile
Alora for OS X
« on: August 09, 2005, 10:17:37 PM »
I made up an Alora-specific installation package for Macs when I installed the mod, and I thought it should be available to other Mac users. So, it can be downloaded here.

Haven't played it through yet, but it's just a WeiDU installation, I don't see what could go wrong.

If you guys would like to distribute this alongside the regular version, it should probably be hosted elsewhere, as my bandwidth is very small.

Caveat: I am lazy b@stard and I find that WeiDU never tends to uninstall things correctly. So I never use it to uninstall, so I didn't bother to write an uninstall script. The best uninstallation method for this (and, as far as I'm concerned, any) mod is to simply backup your override folder, chitin.key, and dialog.tlk, and then restore them.

Of course, an uninstall script is only needed to remove .tis and .wav files; the normal WeiDU Alora uninstall won't remove them but it will remove any referrences to them... your override folder will be polluted but the game should play normally... but I make no warranties.